Reviews for this is the story of the man who never won
Quills and Inkwells chapter 1 . 8/8/2013
I don't think you realize how fantastically you have captured the enigma of Damon Salvatore. Thank you for writing this piece. It is truly lovely. :)
-Lady
delenadrabbles chapter 1 . 6/16/2013
I just realized that Ive read this AT LEAST five times (most likely so much more), I don't know if I've ever reviewed? This is seriously one of my top favorite delena (damon centric) oneshots. It's just SO DAMN GOOD. The characterization and the perspective and the personality you give damon is just beautifully developed and biting and vulnerable at once and just so amazingly heartbreaking. I can't get over this. Won't ever get over this. Plus god. The lyric/poety that you wrote, correct? KILL ME NOW. wow.
the ticking clock chapter 1 . 9/15/2012
AMAZING. so a clear, beautiful, crisp look into Damon's head...wow.
songs chapter 1 . 8/18/2012
DELENA. YES.
I've been searching and searching for a good Damon/Elena and let's just say that ffnet is quite lackinggg but WOW, this was just angsty and wonderful.
loooved it.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/1/2012
too many feels oh my god im gonna go cry now i love your angsty writing

FEELS EVERYWHERE
pariswindspeed chapter 1 . 5/29/2012
Well, fuck.

The beginning lyrics are eating at me - seriously, you're perfect, k. (Oh God, the last too, though. Ugh asfg)

THIS: This is the story of the man who never won.

I was already hooked when I saw the title because if anything, this is what Damon is. That man will never win, he will try though, but it'll never be enough for anyone. ANYONE.

Bless this perfection: Laughing with a face that he's seen on someone else, on Elena - but Elena Gilbert can't be cruel, only foolish, like him. Weak, stupid. Not Stefan.

God, and I can't help but just feel so bad for Damon. So incredibly bad and it gives me All These Feelings when he knows he's failed once again. UGHHHHASDFGHJKL

I don't 'ship' Damon/Elena, but sweet Jesus this is perfect. No criticism at all, you hear? Your writing is flawless.

-a.
ink-stained dreams chapter 1 . 5/24/2012
oh my goodness, damon my bb. :( brings all my awful finale feels back to the surface.

there were some beautiful, beautiful phrases in here. I especially loved "Stefan can make Elena be as in love with him with all the impassioned fairy tale world notions of the Disney World, but Damon stirs something in her that's bright and brilliant as a slashing blade." and "the hot bubble of hope in his chest, fighting the devastation"

ugh. make me want to give up writing forever, why dontcha.

but in all seriousness, wonderfully angsty read, and well-written
val salvatore chapter 1 . 5/15/2012
i liked it alot but i do think it was a little all over the place it skipped from scene to scene and it was a little confusing but overall besides that it was great.
xx chapter 1 . 5/15/2012
not so much a delena story as a damon introspection piece but well written nonetheless. elena's character was a tad one-dimensional but she appears to be as much on the show. damon's characterization was a lot more solid and i look forward to reading more stories from you featuring him.
Katty chapter 1 . 5/15/2012
Jesus H. Christ you are a flawless writer.

You have the perfect amount of angst in it and it's just fabulous. Honestly, I read this and I wish you wrote the Damon for the show. This Damon you have is a touch OOC but it's perfect. You write delena perfectly and I'd love to see more. (when I saw this I squeed because I love your klaroline stories and this is my second favorite pairing so...yay!)

(also your username is from a song by depeche mode right? Personal Jesus if I'm correct? Love them! )
sonsofdurin chapter 1 . 5/15/2012
DJ, can i just love you forever? This was PERFECTION and it also made me cry a little, this is damon in a nutshell. I thought i was over most of my delena feels but nooo, you just had to write this. Vampire Diaries just makes me feel too many things, it's just one big ball of complicated emotions. I wish hannah was back already so that i could feelings dump on her.
Sunny Daisy chapter 1 . 5/15/2012
I love the Elena/Katherine juxtaposition in this fic. Plus, you really got into Damon's headspace, I think.

And this?- "A flat line's a flat line and this is it." Broke my heart.

The intro-lyrics-caption you wrote are really beautiful, well done!
acronymed chapter 1 . 5/15/2012
SO MANY DAMON FEELS. honestly the final didn't do much for me except make me love the Originals more, give me Matt/Jeremy bromance appreciation, and make me sob over Alaric-Jeremy family time.

And Damon feels. SO. MANY. GODDAMN. DAMON FEELS. my baby. ): he can never win and Elena is kind of an asshole sometimes to him.

Okay so actual review: I became neutral toward the triangle around mid-Season 2 after rooting for Damon/Elena for so long because I was convinced Elena had brain damage and eventually both boys would be all TEAM DEFAN and peace out lIke bosses

This makes me want Damon to get the girl SO badly though. He's such a tragic anti-hero and I think you captured that perfectly: the boy who just wanted a happily ever after with his girl, the guy who's desperate to get chosen just once dammit, the vampire who's sick of getting emotionally gutted all the time so he'll act like he doesn't care. Ugh. Damon. I love you because you are so damaged.

And all these moments between the different people in his life, and how it always comes back to Elena, that's so him because he's obsessive and in love and he doesn't see the line between the two so he just keeps screwing himself over and UGH SO MANY FEELS FOR YOU AND THIS FIC AND MY BABY

I honestly want him and Klaus to become bros. They have so much in common it hurts.

P.S. still madly in love with your writing style. forever. seriously.