Reviews for Doing what's right
Kate chapter 1 . 3/24/2013
And that is what should have happened, there has never been any mention of what Boyd did, during season 3 and that has always bugged me...
LeeW91 chapter 1 . 5/28/2012
Resurrected a long dormant account just to review, so I really liked this. Think that Sam made some very valid points, just about everyone in the department has made some personal errors. Frank kinda irriated me in 3.01 when he was giving his speech about "personal lives in the department" and then using his pregnant girlfriend as a model for behaviour. I've worked in HR and relationships between superiors and their direct subordinates are not allowed in most places due to abuse of power, lawsuits etc. It's likely to blow up in his face bigtime unless he doesn't claim the baby although this is TV so who knows.

I also like how you wrote Andy's professionalism throughout. She did hold her own and stay focused at times when Jo, Sam, and others didn't. Yes, she did screw up, but she acknowledged her mistakes and took responsibility for her actions.

I think Andy is a stronger character than often depicted and I like to read about her better points, and I do think that Sam would also champion her as he had done many times before.
linda p chapter 1 . 5/16/2012
This is a really great start. Look forward to more.
smdaniels20 chapter 1 . 5/15/2012
Great story. I loved all of Sam's points that he brought up when talking to best. I have also wondered if Andy actually saved Sam by knowing what was going on since Boyd actually blew his cover. I loved the conversation with Noelle and Frank too. I really like them together. Thanks for this story!
rbfan624 chapter 1 . 5/15/2012
Really enjoyed your story. Hope to read more from you soon!
dcj chapter 1 . 5/15/2012
I like thinking of them tucked away from the world together and even better when they shouldn't be but are anyway.

Loved Sam defending her and it was nice to see Noelle put in a good word as well.

And Sam brings up all these points I wondered about myself. Did Boyd intentionally drop McNally off nearby hoping she would blow Sam's cover and force Brennan to make a move they could get him on. Did Andy actually save Sam by showing up? Sam's cover could have been blown and they might not have known.

Also like how Sam points out that their not the only ones whose conduct was unbecoming.
rookiebluefan89 chapter 1 . 5/15/2012
I really loved this chapter! Firstly, your writing was great! You really had a nice flow and the characters and dialogue were both very well done. I could see the scenes happening for sure.

What I loved the most was Sam talking to Frank and then the conversation with Frank and noelle after. I had never considered that happening but I really enjoyed reading about it. Sam and noelle are so right, and it's so nice that they'd stick up for Andy like that.

The comparison of Sam and Luke at the end was great too. I think that's something that I always imagine being different when Andy finally went for Sam.

I hope to see more writing from you soon!
SMchick chapter 1 . 5/15/2012
Aaaah, I LOVED this! You had both Sam and Noelle stand up and defend Andy exactly as they should. All the points were totally dead on.
kmart92 chapter 1 . 5/15/2012
Brilliant! Love this story so much, sad it's only a one-shot! Can't wait to read another story from you!