Reviews for Liesmith
Maia2 chapter 1 . 2/1/2013
Well done. Loki is such a wonderfully complex character. You did a great job capturing that here.
Thanks for sharing,
wbss21 chapter 1 . 1/4/2013
Brilliant! But not the greatest surprise, coming from you. Just such a fascinating character study and insight into Loki's emotional and mental state during and following all of these events from the film. And I thought it was fantastic the way you interwove these flashes from the past into those events.

You capture so well the tragedy of Loki, that it makes it truly difficult sometimes to read, because he's just so damaged and hurt and ruined.

The sense of loneliness and feelings of being lost that you convey here, that you capture in Loki, are so intense and overwhelming, it's almost suffocating. You can almost literally feel this kind of hopeless despair in Loki, and it's just heartbreaking. Like during the scene when he's being held captive by Thanos and the Chitauri, and he could probably escape if he really tried, but he realizes, even if he did, he would have no where to go, no place to belong to, no home, it's just devastating. It really is. Or when he lets himself slip into the void, and is trying to make home into just a word and not a wish, the way you put that sentence together was just breathtaking and so poignant and tragic.

What you really project here is struggle Loki has between trying to pretend he doesn't care, that he's detached from everything, and his actual, true desire and even NEED to be loved and accepted and shown some kind of true affection. He tries to detach himself so he won't be hurt anymore, and that's what's so damned sad.

And man, when Loki is talking to Thor throughout, and Thor keeps promising he won't let anything bad happen to him, and Loki just laughs, because he knows it's not true, but Thor doesn't realize it. He doesn't realize Odin's cruelty, or see the fault in Odin, and Loki laughs about it, because in reality, it's crushing his heart. In reality, he's alone in understanding how Odin's wronged him.

And the last exchange of this story, when Odin tells Loki that he expected a great deal from him, and Loki just says back "I expected a great deal from you as well, All-Father." That was so incredibly powerful. It just says all there is to say about the relationship between them. Loki expected Odin to love him equally, to treat him as his son, not just call him that, and Odin doesn't see here how he's failed Loki in that utterly. He only sees selfishly how Loki has failed him. It's just so damned tragic, it really is.

Another beautiful piece of work from you, and again, I thank you so much for sharing your talent!
Natalie Rushman chapter 1 . 11/28/2012
Okay...that was severly awesome. Whatever you do, DO NOT STOP WRITING.
darkpaw1964 chapter 1 . 8/9/2012
this made me really sad, and just fall in love with Loki's character and story even more. .sighs. Loki needs a hug.
Itajade chapter 1 . 5/17/2012
wow... sniffle... this shit made me cry... LOKIIIIIII
Above Water chapter 1 . 5/16/2012
This is quite gripping so far. I like the informal format; the simplicity doesn't negate the emotion resonance. I do hope you'll continue. Good work! ;)
ANON chapter 1 . 5/16/2012
This is really, really good!