Reviews for They Shook Hands : PostCanon Revision : Year Four
Trelevona chapter 4 . 8/6
This fanfic (and the previous ones) are brilliant. Wonderful job, I appreciate that Harry finally caught a break and gets to live with Sirius. I do have a question though, if you don't mind answering it. The animagus training seems almost like something a metamorphagus would do. As your thought process for using Farenheight was quite well though out, I was curious what this would be.
booklover19a chapter 25 . 8/4
great, just like the other three stories have been! THANK YOU LUCIUS MALFOY! It'll be interesting with his betrayal to Voldemort. . .

Anyways, I'm on to part 5!
Saint Snape chapter 25 . 5/15
Didn't see Voldermort taking over Peter's body coming but good job tying that together. I am very happy Lucius didn't betray Harry and that Harry knows right off the bat about Severus' spying. What I like about your rewrite of JKR's stories are the depths we are seeing in characters who were so one-dimensional in her stories. Crabbe and Goyle, for example were just two hulking, brainless bodyguards for Draco in her stories but we see that they aren't complete idiots and are good at something other than being brutes.
WatchingAsYouFall chapter 25 . 3/28
Oh my Gods, this series is so awesome. You are awesome. Keep being awesome.
SarahOlivier chapter 14 . 12/24/2014
Wow Theo is an ass
thebetawholived chapter 25 . 11/17/2014
And so, the end of the Triwizard (sic) Tournament and the return of the dark lord.

I'm wondering where the story will go; so far it has tracked a line parallel to canon with some significant differences: Harry in Slytherin, Sirius exonerated, Hermione gone. It will be interesting to see what's next!
thebetawholived chapter 11 . 11/16/2014
Ah, Kreacher! Such a warm, friendly, supportive elf.

Recent chapters have reminded me almost too much of canon.
thebetawholived chapter 1 . 11/16/2014
A slightly different take on cleaning Grimmauld Place.
Leo chapter 1 . 9/27/2014
It was the best Moment of all when Lucius saved Harry!
rlchala chapter 1 . 8/30/2014
...are meant to be. If not, then I hope Tracy will get over Harry for good.

Like always, look forward to year five
rlchala chapter 25 . 8/30/2014
It was amazing. Before year four, year one was my favorite. Mainly because you introduced us to your universe and your wonderful characters. Now I'm thinking it's a tie with this year.

Year four brought us depth, not only to the characters but to the universe. Some things that happened in previous years were neatly wrapped up in a very smart fashion.

You managed to portray the blossoming and intricacies of romantic teenage relationships in a way that Rowling never did. You have kept us guessing about all characters moral compasses, and the side they will take in the war has never been a black and white issue.

Your universe keeps getting bigger and better. The addition of quodpot was unique, and realistic. You have a gift at narrating this matches.

The animates part was also fun. Unlike most of fanfics out there, it took Harry effort and time to manage the transformation. And when he did it, you didn't went to the cliches of Phoenix, lion, panther, owl, hawk, or other outstanding creature, but gave Harry a modest beast. That was a good surprise for me.

Once again, I feel that a little bit more of action could have been included. You have shown that you can write action pieces and make them entertaining, like the duel between the champions or the facing of the dragon, that were very fun to read. But still you choose to reduce the journey inside the maze in a couple of paragraphs, and the facing of voldemort was a little bit anticlimactic (although apparently you were doing this for a reason)

I have minor complaints about plot holes again. You never told us exactly which animal is Harry. We still don't know why Ron had a firebolt. Why did nobody noticed that pettigrew body was missing. What happened to moody and why nobody told Dumbledore that he had a mole inside the school? But I also now know that you probably will address this in year five, so I'm not that worried.

There were also some scenes that I wish you would have included, like Ginny receiving sirius's books from Harry, or Harry telling Tracy about voldemort. And speaking of Tracy, her attitude has been frustrating. I don't understand how would she thinks he can lure Harry back by behaving like that. And Harry has not been good either. He has behaved like a jerk for his best female friend. (If you did all this on purpose then you know even more about teenage relationships than what I give you credit.) I hope Harry will repair their relation, and discover they are ment to be, or that Tracy w
TinaMaki chapter 21 . 5/2/2014
Where the heck did Ron get a Firebolt from?
Well, maybe you'll clear it up in one of the following chapers.
Awsome story, btw! I like how realistic it is. It really adds up ;)
ironhair chapter 25 . 4/29/2014
Peter's body made this story all your own. Heh.
ironhair chapter 2 . 4/28/2014
Why is Harry acting like a cad towards Tracey? I guess he doesn't even realise...
Temptation Through Perception chapter 25 . 4/7/2014
A quick second point about this story though.
I love how it's written, as I said in the previous review, but I also have to say that the characterization of most characters come off as a bit...bland, I guess. Unfortunately, most female girls come off as either exactly the same, or on opposing sides. The boys fall prey to the same trap, though there is more of a plot than that of 'she likes Harry, she has a boyfriend and is Harry's best friend.' It makes the story read as though all of the characters are nothing but plot devices, and Harry is the only reasonably fleshed out character.
Though I might be exaggerating a bit, but the line about Harry 'not having to worry about the girls' came off as a little misogynistic, especially in tandem with the previous chapter's part about not being able to trust the listed-off boys' names, but only having friends in the 'ladies.'
Either way, I will still continue to the next book, though I have those few problems.
Again, thank you for writing this story. It is still amazing.
-Raven