Reviews for They Shook Hands : PostCanon Revision : Year Four
Temptation Through Perception chapter 25 . 4/7
A quick second point about this story though.
I love how it's written, as I said in the previous review, but I also have to say that the characterization of most characters come off as a bit...bland, I guess. Unfortunately, most female girls come off as either exactly the same, or on opposing sides. The boys fall prey to the same trap, though there is more of a plot than that of 'she likes Harry, she has a boyfriend and is Harry's best friend.' It makes the story read as though all of the characters are nothing but plot devices, and Harry is the only reasonably fleshed out character.
Though I might be exaggerating a bit, but the line about Harry 'not having to worry about the girls' came off as a little misogynistic, especially in tandem with the previous chapter's part about not being able to trust the listed-off boys' names, but only having friends in the 'ladies.'
Either way, I will still continue to the next book, though I have those few problems.
Again, thank you for writing this story. It is still amazing.
-Raven
Temptation Through Perception chapter 23 . 4/7
Amazing story!
So I've been reading through all of the years, and this is amazing - well written, nicely put together and above all, excruciatingly funny. I love the banter, and I do really like the choice in animagus form, especially since most fics I've read involve something immensely overpowered.
The one bone I have to pick, is Harry using his animagus form in this chapter, during the Tournament. I could have missed something in earlier chapters, but I was under the impression he hadn't registered. If he's not registered, shouldn't Sirius or someone told him not to use it?
But then again, I might have missed something. This is still an amazing fic, though this one bit seems a little glaring for me.
And now I must read on!
Thank you for writing such a brilliant story. I love it!
-Raven
SuperVegitoFAN chapter 15 . 3/9
Oh THE IRONY hahaha poor guy
duj chapter 25 . 2/27
Did I miss something? Harry and Lucius both know the Portkey from Hogwarts was planted by Voldie's most faithful servant - which clearly can *not* be Snape, because he wouldn't have planted a Portkey without Dumbledore's order - and they're not even wondering who that is?
SarahOlivier chapter 9 . 2/12
Tracy deserves this, Harry told her that he does not want to date her
SarahOlivier chapter 2 . 2/12
Tracy is a whiny bitch which is why she is not good for Harry. Daphne, Milly and Ginny is perfect for Harry
Haha, Harry's internal dialogue when he was trying to clear his mind reminds me of Franklin in GTA V when he smokes weed. "Man, this weed does nothing. I don't feel *anything*. I can't feel my toes. Man, my toes are dead. Or my soul. Something is definitely dead." XD
Edwin chapter 21 . 1/17
Hi there,

Finally a review from me too. I've really enjoyed reading your alternative version of Harry Potter so far, I really have, but this chapter caught me a bit off guard. The chapter is a confusing in many ways:
- Why is Harry's animagus form a ferret? How does that resemble his personality in any way? Harry is a very strong and talented wizard as the story tells and you turn him in some small animal... I don't really get that.
- Why bother to bring up Krum as a player on Harry's team for the Quiditch match and than ignore it as if you've never mentioned it?
- Why was Harry so rude to Theo when one player had to go to make equal teams? Harry had a smashing good duel with Theo and he thought that after that Theo might understand that he didn't sign up for the tournament himself and then at the Quodpot-match Harry is being rude again. That doesn't make sense.
- What's the point of throwing the Quod into the cauldron if it doesn't earn you any points?

Like I said before: good story so far, but you really messed up with this chapter. Sorry
What a surprise that yet AGAIN Out-of-Character Ron and the Gryffindors go down in defeat to the racist rich boys club of Slytherins. I thought for a second there during potions that Ron and Harry might actually be interesting together but no, apparently Harry's being Sorted into Slytherins turns everyone into a completely different person, and of course none of the girls have any kind of voice since you killed off Hermione.
LegendaryArimaspi chapter 25 . 1/9
Well, I've almost caught up now. This story was a bit of a whirlwind - Tracey and Theo went from being some of my favourite characters,to my least (outside of Ron, of course. Speaking of whom, how DID he get the Firebolt?)

Anywho, love the story. Hope Padma doesn't kill Harry for not saying bye to her because I like that pairing.
Why is every single girl, without exception, catty and gossipy and competitive? Very disappointing depiction of adolescent girls.
"Theo had been raised to respect women." Not if he says things like "the French bitch." It's also telling that every single girl in this story is an accessory of some kind-they all seem to fawn on Harry or they want to be his girlfriend or they deliver messages to him. But none of them are truly his close friend as Hermione is in canon-you're allowing none of themany agency or identity beyond "helper to Harry." Very sad that you killed off the strongest female character in canon but didn't other to build up another one.
"French tart"? So now Draco is a misogynist as well as a racist jerk?

The Harry in this story, who ambushes Ron at a moment's notice with no cause (seriously, you've gotta stop that, Harry is immensely unlikeable with that crap) would not care about being "fair" to Cedric, especially since he's a poor loser who decided that Cedric is a prat for outflying him in a game. Inconsistent characterization-a Slytherin simply would not care about evening the scales like that, he would've expected that Sprout or someone else would've told Cedric.

Can you please stop with the stereotype of the Obsessed Girl?
Yusuke Urameshi - Mazoku chapter 25 . 1/4
AWESOME!
Captain Awesome 123 chapter 24 . 12/25/2013
I realise a Slytherin Harry would be face different circumstances than a Gryffindor Harry but I'm glad you still kept the same defining moment where he decided to fight Voldemort like a man.
And his quips at Voldemort' s expense was pretty badass way cooler than canon.