Reviews for They Shook Hands : Year 4 (New Version)
thebetawholived chapter 1 . 11/16/2014
A slightly different take on cleaning Grimmauld Place.
Leo chapter 1 . 9/27/2014
It was the best Moment of all when Lucius saved Harry!
rlchala chapter 1 . 8/30/2014
...are meant to be. If not, then I hope Tracy will get over Harry for good.

Like always, look forward to year five
rlchala chapter 25 . 8/30/2014
It was amazing. Before year four, year one was my favorite. Mainly because you introduced us to your universe and your wonderful characters. Now I'm thinking it's a tie with this year.

Year four brought us depth, not only to the characters but to the universe. Some things that happened in previous years were neatly wrapped up in a very smart fashion.

You managed to portray the blossoming and intricacies of romantic teenage relationships in a way that Rowling never did. You have kept us guessing about all characters moral compasses, and the side they will take in the war has never been a black and white issue.

Your universe keeps getting bigger and better. The addition of quodpot was unique, and realistic. You have a gift at narrating this matches.

The animates part was also fun. Unlike most of fanfics out there, it took Harry effort and time to manage the transformation. And when he did it, you didn't went to the cliches of Phoenix, lion, panther, owl, hawk, or other outstanding creature, but gave Harry a modest beast. That was a good surprise for me.

Once again, I feel that a little bit more of action could have been included. You have shown that you can write action pieces and make them entertaining, like the duel between the champions or the facing of the dragon, that were very fun to read. But still you choose to reduce the journey inside the maze in a couple of paragraphs, and the facing of voldemort was a little bit anticlimactic (although apparently you were doing this for a reason)

I have minor complaints about plot holes again. You never told us exactly which animal is Harry. We still don't know why Ron had a firebolt. Why did nobody noticed that pettigrew body was missing. What happened to moody and why nobody told Dumbledore that he had a mole inside the school? But I also now know that you probably will address this in year five, so I'm not that worried.

There were also some scenes that I wish you would have included, like Ginny receiving sirius's books from Harry, or Harry telling Tracy about voldemort. And speaking of Tracy, her attitude has been frustrating. I don't understand how would she thinks he can lure Harry back by behaving like that. And Harry has not been good either. He has behaved like a jerk for his best female friend. (If you did all this on purpose then you know even more about teenage relationships than what I give you credit.) I hope Harry will repair their relation, and discover they are ment to be, or that Tracy w
TinaMaki chapter 21 . 5/2/2014
Where the heck did Ron get a Firebolt from?
Well, maybe you'll clear it up in one of the following chapers.
Awsome story, btw! I like how realistic it is. It really adds up ;)
ironhair chapter 25 . 4/29/2014
Peter's body made this story all your own. Heh.
ironhair chapter 2 . 4/28/2014
Why is Harry acting like a cad towards Tracey? I guess he doesn't even realise...
Temptation Through Perception chapter 25 . 4/7/2014
A quick second point about this story though.
I love how it's written, as I said in the previous review, but I also have to say that the characterization of most characters come off as a bit...bland, I guess. Unfortunately, most female girls come off as either exactly the same, or on opposing sides. The boys fall prey to the same trap, though there is more of a plot than that of 'she likes Harry, she has a boyfriend and is Harry's best friend.' It makes the story read as though all of the characters are nothing but plot devices, and Harry is the only reasonably fleshed out character.
Though I might be exaggerating a bit, but the line about Harry 'not having to worry about the girls' came off as a little misogynistic, especially in tandem with the previous chapter's part about not being able to trust the listed-off boys' names, but only having friends in the 'ladies.'
Either way, I will still continue to the next book, though I have those few problems.
Again, thank you for writing this story. It is still amazing.
-Raven
Temptation Through Perception chapter 23 . 4/7/2014
Amazing story!
So I've been reading through all of the years, and this is amazing - well written, nicely put together and above all, excruciatingly funny. I love the banter, and I do really like the choice in animagus form, especially since most fics I've read involve something immensely overpowered.
The one bone I have to pick, is Harry using his animagus form in this chapter, during the Tournament. I could have missed something in earlier chapters, but I was under the impression he hadn't registered. If he's not registered, shouldn't Sirius or someone told him not to use it?
But then again, I might have missed something. This is still an amazing fic, though this one bit seems a little glaring for me.
And now I must read on!
Thank you for writing such a brilliant story. I love it!
-Raven
SuperVegitoFAN chapter 15 . 3/9/2014
Oh THE IRONY hahaha poor guy
duj chapter 25 . 2/27/2014
Did I miss something? Harry and Lucius both know the Portkey from Hogwarts was planted by Voldie's most faithful servant - which clearly can *not* be Snape, because he wouldn't have planted a Portkey without Dumbledore's order - and they're not even wondering who that is?
SarahOlivier chapter 9 . 2/12/2014
Tracy deserves this, Harry told her that he does not want to date her
SarahOlivier chapter 2 . 2/12/2014
Tracy is a whiny bitch which is why she is not good for Harry. Daphne, Milly and Ginny is perfect for Harry
Guest chapter 12 . 1/23/2014
Haha, Harry's internal dialogue when he was trying to clear his mind reminds me of Franklin in GTA V when he smokes weed. "Man, this weed does nothing. I don't feel *anything*. I can't feel my toes. Man, my toes are dead. Or my soul. Something is definitely dead." XD
Edwin chapter 21 . 1/17/2014
Hi there,

Finally a review from me too. I've really enjoyed reading your alternative version of Harry Potter so far, I really have, but this chapter caught me a bit off guard. The chapter is a confusing in many ways:
- Why is Harry's animagus form a ferret? How does that resemble his personality in any way? Harry is a very strong and talented wizard as the story tells and you turn him in some small animal... I don't really get that.
- Why bother to bring up Krum as a player on Harry's team for the Quiditch match and than ignore it as if you've never mentioned it?
- Why was Harry so rude to Theo when one player had to go to make equal teams? Harry had a smashing good duel with Theo and he thought that after that Theo might understand that he didn't sign up for the tournament himself and then at the Quodpot-match Harry is being rude again. That doesn't make sense.
- What's the point of throwing the Quod into the cauldron if it doesn't earn you any points?

Like I said before: good story so far, but you really messed up with this chapter. Sorry
162 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »