Reviews for They Shook Hands : Year 4 (New Version)
duj chapter 25 . 2/27/2014
Did I miss something? Harry and Lucius both know the Portkey from Hogwarts was planted by Voldie's most faithful servant - which clearly can *not* be Snape, because he wouldn't have planted a Portkey without Dumbledore's order - and they're not even wondering who that is?
SarahOlivier chapter 9 . 2/12/2014
Tracy deserves this, Harry told her that he does not want to date her
SarahOlivier chapter 2 . 2/12/2014
Tracy is a whiny bitch which is why she is not good for Harry. Daphne, Milly and Ginny is perfect for Harry
Guest chapter 12 . 1/23/2014
Haha, Harry's internal dialogue when he was trying to clear his mind reminds me of Franklin in GTA V when he smokes weed. "Man, this weed does nothing. I don't feel *anything*. I can't feel my toes. Man, my toes are dead. Or my soul. Something is definitely dead." XD
Edwin chapter 21 . 1/17/2014
Hi there,

Finally a review from me too. I've really enjoyed reading your alternative version of Harry Potter so far, I really have, but this chapter caught me a bit off guard. The chapter is a confusing in many ways:
- Why is Harry's animagus form a ferret? How does that resemble his personality in any way? Harry is a very strong and talented wizard as the story tells and you turn him in some small animal... I don't really get that.
- Why bother to bring up Krum as a player on Harry's team for the Quiditch match and than ignore it as if you've never mentioned it?
- Why was Harry so rude to Theo when one player had to go to make equal teams? Harry had a smashing good duel with Theo and he thought that after that Theo might understand that he didn't sign up for the tournament himself and then at the Quodpot-match Harry is being rude again. That doesn't make sense.
- What's the point of throwing the Quod into the cauldron if it doesn't earn you any points?

Like I said before: good story so far, but you really messed up with this chapter. Sorry
Guest chapter 21 . 1/14/2014
What a surprise that yet AGAIN Out-of-Character Ron and the Gryffindors go down in defeat to the racist rich boys club of Slytherins. I thought for a second there during potions that Ron and Harry might actually be interesting together but no, apparently Harry's being Sorted into Slytherins turns everyone into a completely different person, and of course none of the girls have any kind of voice since you killed off Hermione.
Genghis Swan chapter 25 . 1/9/2014
Well, I've almost caught up now. This story was a bit of a whirlwind - Tracey and Theo went from being some of my favourite characters,to my least (outside of Ron, of course. Speaking of whom, how DID he get the Firebolt?)

Anywho, love the story. Hope Padma doesn't kill Harry for not saying bye to her because I like that pairing.
Guest chapter 17 . 1/7/2014
Why is every single girl, without exception, catty and gossipy and competitive? Very disappointing depiction of adolescent girls.
Guest chapter 14 . 1/6/2014
"Theo had been raised to respect women." Not if he says things like "the French bitch." It's also telling that every single girl in this story is an accessory of some kind-they all seem to fawn on Harry or they want to be his girlfriend or they deliver messages to him. But none of them are truly his close friend as Hermione is in canon-you're allowing none of themany agency or identity beyond "helper to Harry." Very sad that you killed off the strongest female character in canon but didn't other to build up another one.
Guest chapter 13 . 1/6/2014
"French tart"? So now Draco is a misogynist as well as a racist jerk?

The Harry in this story, who ambushes Ron at a moment's notice with no cause (seriously, you've gotta stop that, Harry is immensely unlikeable with that crap) would not care about being "fair" to Cedric, especially since he's a poor loser who decided that Cedric is a prat for outflying him in a game. Inconsistent characterization-a Slytherin simply would not care about evening the scales like that, he would've expected that Sprout or someone else would've told Cedric.

Can you please stop with the stereotype of the Obsessed Girl?
Yusuke Urameshi - Mazoku chapter 25 . 1/4/2014
AWESOME!
Captain Awesome 123 chapter 24 . 12/25/2013
I realise a Slytherin Harry would be face different circumstances than a Gryffindor Harry but I'm glad you still kept the same defining moment where he decided to fight Voldemort like a man.
And his quips at Voldemort' s expense was pretty badass way cooler than canon.
her illusion chapter 25 . 12/11/2013
millie and krum huh?how.. if harry and padma will last,draco and parvati too..harry's sure popular with the girls,huh?glad to see percy happy so..it gets 't wait for the next 'book' - hoping you finish it soon cos i don't read incomplete fics! :)
okutobox chapter 12 . 11/14/2013
(English isn't my native language, sorry for any mistakes)

I enjoyed reading your "They Shook Hands" series and I thought this story was well written. I loved how the personalities of each characters around Harry are really interesting.

However, I didn't liked few points but I thought "wait and see". But Theo was too much for me. I really liked what you wrote about him before - and suddenly, he took Ron's place in the original story. I understand the situation but when Harry started yelling at Theo, I couldn't read more. I tried a little but I couldn't enjoy your story as before.

So I stop here. Thank you for your time, it was lots of fun to follow your series.
NM Magpie chapter 25 . 11/9/2013
I enjoyed Year 4 & the other years almost as much as the original Rowling novels. Dethryl shows a lot of imagination & skill in his version of this series. It is weird having Draco, Pansy, and the other Slytherins as heroes instead of villains. My only suggestion would be to add the Missing Scenes chapter to the Post Canon versions.
167 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »