Reviews for They Shook Hands : Year 4 (New Version)
Xfilchlovesmrs.norrisX chapter 25 . 2/17/2013
I enjoyed reading your stories. I was pleasantly surprised when I (like eneath) saw that, unlike many of the slytherin!harry stories, yours actually depicted how being sorted into Slytherin could potentially affect Harry's judgment and decisions, thus changing some of the situations he gets into (without straying too far from canon). I also like that you showed us what Harry's and Padfoot's relationship would have been like had the latter been declared innocent by the MoM. :)

I'm really looking forward to the next story! I hope you update soon! :)
eneath chapter 25 . 2/15/2013
This story is absolutely amazing up to part 4! It is the most realistic Slytherin!Harry I've ever read and I've read quite a few. I really like the changes you've made, some people only change the House Harry is in and not much else, but I can really see it happening like you have described. Of course it still follows the main story events from canon, but the changes to the details really make this work. When you had Wormtail kissed, I really didn't know how you were going to pull Voldie's resurrection off, and his soul in Wormtail's body is bloody brilliant! I can't wait for part 5, hope to see it posted soon!
Loiosh311 chapter 25 . 1/12/2013
Love all four of these fics! Cant wait for the next year to be posted!
ninefiend chapter 25 . 1/11/2013
I just finished reading all 4 stories, and I really enjoyed them! They were really well written and I'm looking forward to the fifth one.
Anonymous chapter 1 . 12/31/2012
I love all of the characters, especially since Rowling never showed us many outside of Gryffindor and practically none from Slytherin. Theo's especially interesting, as are Crabbe and Goyle (I like the way they aren't complete idiots).
AlsoKnownAsMatt chapter 25 . 11/12/2012
Great story that catches up with the politics ... and physical reality of Harry's situation. I liked how you managed to 'delay' many of the signs of voldemort's return and make it more of a surprise. The Malfoy maneuver was also well done.
I'm looking forward to the next book and hope you'll be posting soon.
Thanks for your obvious hard work on this story.
Raider09 chapter 25 . 11/5/2012
VERY GOOD! I love this series, I must say, with everything in me. It has taken me a little over 2 weeks to read this entire series from book 1 to now, it has consumed me since I stumbled across it. I hope to see book 5 coming soon, because I am very much looking forward to it!
red-jacobson chapter 25 . 10/25/2012
Amazing Story! I just started this series a couple of days ago, after being curious about it for a while. I'm glad I finally found the time to read it, but now I have to wait until Year 5 is posted, darn it!

Lots of things to like in this story, although I will admit that Harry's bullying in younger years was kind of hard to take, and the death in year two was a real surprise!

Thanks for writing

red
Vimes chapter 1 . 10/22/2012
Love the series, *really* loved the Wraith Squadron quote
DamonandElena4ever chapter 25 . 10/22/2012
wow ...i adore this story ...really :)

and i didn't know this was possible but part 4 was even better than the others before! i just hope crabbe, goyle and theo will stay friends with harry and not abandon him somehow ...but i'm happy about lucius being on his side ...i thought for a brief moment he really changed the side ...
but what i don't understand is ...who put harry's name into the goblet? if moody wasn't the one ...maybe i just didn't realize it in the story but i couldn't find a clue about that ...i'm just curious about it :)
and the relationship between sirius and harry is awesome :) it's just the one thing missing in the original books ...they could've had so much more time together it's just sad ...anyway i love the idea of harry becoming an animagus :D

and i can't wait for you to post part 5 of the story ...btw :D congrats to your marriage! :)

aaand really looking forward to part 5 ...i'm so addicted to this story :D
Everlasting Purple chapter 25 . 10/9/2012
Really, really love this and I can't wait for the next one!
megapointe7 chapter 25 . 10/3/2012
Good job. I have enjoyed this story very much. Fifth year should be very interesting.
ann1981 chapter 15 . 9/27/2012
I love your work, I read all four stories in one day, it was really good. I just read the comment of your last reviewer and I must say that I totally disagree with that person. Lets just say that this person never wrote a story for this site so a little piece of advice...start writing your own stories before you slander other peoples work who put a lot of effort in it. Keep up the good work and dont let bad reviews keep you from writing. I get them too and they are not important to me.
Pazia28 chapter 25 . 9/15/2012
I will not hold back. You have destroyed your work. The first was very good even with the change of freinds you still held onto all that is H P. Yet decided to make Harry lose his sence of truth. To rush in to protect the innocence. You filled this story with love doveynes yet gloss over pain. You dont keep your cannon straight. You mention the things dobby did (second year) yet you don't explain why Harry's homework dissappear, or why Malfoy gave ginny the trama is never long lasting. The most emotion I have felt since joking up on how Harry's freinds are their for him in first; has been utter sorrow do to lost of potenial of great story. Go back and fix your story so they match & make the reader worry about the charactors even it means more chapters. Your ideas are amazing just fix the excution.
Kaeso Corvinus chapter 25 . 9/13/2012
Amazing as usual, finally finished the post-canon version. (Nice to see a shout out to my massive review in some other reviews)

This version is a bit more polished, even if I can't tell which scenes are new or changed. Even if it was a minor pet peeve, I do like that the real names are in play.

Nice to read through this again, although I miss the missing scenes, hope they're back for year five. Surprised Blaise didn't get a shout out or a letter when Beauxbatons got involved.

Noticed that Bagman still disappears in this version after the last task, did the goblins want Harry to bring back the Cup? He's the one who set up the port key though when it was Moody in canon...makes one wonder...

I wonder how long Harry and Padma will stay together, and how many girlfriends non-socially awkward Harry will go through.

Another thing I'm looking for is the (hopefully) inevitable scene with the Malfoy and Tonkses.

Who's going to be Prefect...who indeed...

Patiently waiting for year five, cheers!
167 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 .. Last Next »