Reviews for Opuntia Rhodantha
RavenSerendipity chapter 1 . 10/2/2014
Mhhhm the rhinestones and feathers do sound familiar. This one shot was great.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/28/2014
Great fanfic, very sweet and BB is the cutest character ever I just love him. oh and i liked the fact that he can speak in his animal form as in the comics :)
SETI-fan chapter 1 . 9/8/2013
You had my attention as soon as I saw the Latin name for a prickly-pear cactus as the title of a story, and it just got better as I read what you were doing with it. You've got a gift for symbolism. I love the metaphor of the roses (oh how true that attitude is for most of the world, wanting all the beauty with none of the thorns). And using the instruments to explain how Raven perceives emotions is really clever. Honestly it's amazing the girl functions as well as she does with so little emotional development allowed when she was a kid. Everything would have to be learned from observation rather than first-hand experience.

Very sweet story with some adorable moments, some nicely funny moments, and a flavor of the southwestern desert for good measure (a part of the US I'm particularly partial to). Poor Beast Boy, he can do everything so right, but gets a little over-exuberant and ends up with a belly full of cactus thorns. :P It'll be worth the wait, hon, don't worry.

Out of curiosity, are you into botany/biology or did you just do your research for this story? I love those purple cacti. I've seen them growing out in West Texas several times and it's always a bit of a surprise to see one that color. I never knew they were called the Dark Knight, though! That's too perfect. :)
ThoughtsLightAndFireAndSound chapter 1 . 8/6/2013
haha that was hilarious. i really like this too!
i felt that you did a fantastic job of describing emotions. i find it really tricky at time cuz it's intangible and just incorporeal. nevertheless, you did a great job on that
you've drawn out some really great feels while also keeping this both humorous and touching.
nicely done!
Starcrossed Writer chapter 1 . 6/5/2013
This was... unimaginably cute. And very accurate! I really like how you interpreted the characters and how they would react/respond in such an adorable situation. Good work. No complaints... only fuzzy feelings. ;)
Stella Bella 123 chapter 1 . 4/14/2013
So so great! This is really good!
Curse you Perry the Platypus chapter 1 . 12/10/2012
Batman Cactus... Are those real?
Concolor44 chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
Okay, I'm not yet finished with the story, but I just HAD to pause and congratulate you for that LOVELY image of the light in BB's eyes that you described after Cy suggested a cactus. That was a laugh-out-loud moment if ever there was one! Truly, this cannot end well.

Ahhhh! A beautiful description of emotion, that, when Raven dropped her shield. So good it shivers.

I didn't catch any canon-screwing there. A fine job, I say!

Raven's explanation (the musical instrument analogy) was perfect. She had been in love with him, but had no frame of reference to identify that fact.

Superb work! And your meticulous attention to detail where grammar is concerned was a sheer delight. This goes DIRECTLY to Favorites!

(By the way, I found you because you left a thoughtful and helpful review for TitansGirl1234 in her story "Payphone". And very glad I am that you did!)
Starlily11 chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
LOL...Slade on a unicycle...crazy mental image. Great story.
FeigningInterest chapter 1 . 6/6/2012
This was brilliant! I loved it. :-]
GreennaveyblueRaven chapter 1 . 5/18/2012
Aww captus love for a captus coupal
rainbrain chapter 1 . 5/17/2012
I really liked this! I very much liked your characterization of Beast Boy- you've created a really nice balance between his more mature and more childish sides. Many authors seem to go to either extreme, but you've written a thoughful Beast Boy that's still true to his impulsive self, very nice. Love the inclusion of Cyborg and what I really loved was Beast Boy's thoughts on romance. Much of his and Raven's development in the show was them learning to accept certain aspects of one another to get along, so his views on how one should accept a rose even with it's thorns is very fitting.

Beast Boy and Raven's interactions were very sweet and well done, though personally I don't think Raven would openly say she loved Beast Boy that quickly. I love the inclusion of her empathy- very well described. The bit with Beast Boy forgetting that humans can't digest cactus needles was cute and funny and goofy and very much Beast Boy, as well as the idea of him giving her a cactus in the first place (and it being a Batman cactus of course!). I like how you characterized Raven as well, reserved, cautious, and sarcastic but not entirely unkind.

Overall, this is very well done, especially for your first time writing a bb/rae fic. You've got a good grasp on the characters and a good sense of humor, so I hope that you'll consider making another!
IronRaven chapter 1 . 5/17/2012
For a setting that exceeds Evolution's willingness to defy, ignore and just blatently ignore 40 years of canon, you did very, very good.

The only thing I'll say is that you made BB a little more mature than normal, but you also didn't say how long after the end of the series you are setting it.

Super Girl chapter 1 . 5/16/2012
Ausome story! Very "sweet."
B-b-b-becca chapter 1 . 5/16/2012