Reviews for That's What Brothers Are For
animad135 chapter 1 . 8/17/2014
It's awesome! I really like your story. Keep writing!
xXMizz Alec VolturiXx chapter 1 . 11/22/2013
lovely story
the-sparky-scribblings chapter 1 . 11/11/2012
Love the way you've portrayed their brotherly relationship :)
TamariChan chapter 1 . 6/11/2012
Aww, I like this! We don't usually hear much about the older two Weasley brothers, and this fits in nicely with canon. You write dialogue very well, by the way.

This line- "'It's your life, Char – always remember that. You need to be happy with it; not mum or dad or me – you,'" is wonderful.
Louey06 chapter 1 . 6/3/2012
Great story. I love Bill, he's about the best older brother I can imagine. He always seems to be there fr all of his siblings. Nice work!
Black Rose Blue chapter 1 . 5/21/2012
I've never thought about the brotherly dynamic between Bill and Charlie, but I love your view on it. From the way the fic read though, and the way it would have made for sense at least for me, is right after Charlie has graduated Hogwarts, or at least Bill has.
Moonlit Dreaming chapter 1 . 5/20/2012
Lovely! :) Bill and Charlie interaction is rare in the books, so it was nice to see you explore their relationship.
SunnyStorms chapter 1 . 5/19/2012
Canon doesn't provide too much detail about the nature of the relationships between certain Weasley siblings, so it was interesting to read this scenario you wrote for them. Present tense can work in a story, but it's tricky to do so without jarring the reader, so there were phrases in here that I did stumble on reading because they sounded odd due to the tenses of the verbs. Unless immediacy is an important part of what you want to convey about the scene, it's often the better choice to stick with past tense (but this might just be my personal preferences). Story-wise, I can totally see this as something Bill would do as the eldest, and I loved the relationship you portrayed between the two.
keep my issues drawn chapter 1 . 5/19/2012
Aww, I really liked this! It was incredibly sweet, and really imaginative. I love sibling fics, and there definitely aren't enough of them out there, so well done for writing one! This was absolutely adorable, and I really like your writing style. I loved how Charlie cared about what his parents thought, and Bill was the cool, supportive older brother, who wanted Charlie to live his life how he wanted- not how anyone else did. Great job!
autumn midnights chapter 1 . 5/19/2012
Really nice job with this! I've always pictured Bill and Charlie as being close, since they're the two oldest, and this portrayed their relationship very nicely. You gave both of them realistic personalities that fit nicely with what we know of them from canon. This was short, but you still got the point across quite nicely in this little family scene. There were a few minor mistakes - "you weren't stay in England" should be "you weren't going to stay in England" or "you weren't staying in England", and personally, I usually capitalize Mum and Dad, but these were minor little things that definitely didn't affect my opinion of this fic. Great little family moment between the brothers, nice job!
cherryredxx chapter 1 . 5/18/2012
I think the sibling dynamic between these two was tragically underplayed in canon. I realize that neither were around a whole lot, but still.

Anyway. I love what you did with this. It's short and sweet and it really demonstrates the relationship between the Weasleys. It was very sweet and well written. I liked it a lot :)
yellow 14 chapter 1 . 5/16/2012
Wonderful. Keep writing
expectopatromun chapter 1 . 5/15/2012
I love the interaction between the two boys. Charlie's so nervous, and Bill is encouraging. It's sweet. Good job!
Pamela3265 chapter 1 . 5/15/2012
Wonderful! I'd love to see this continue.
Someone aka Me chapter 1 . 5/15/2012
You have a Charlie addiction :D Not, of course, that I mind one bit, given I absolutely adore Charlie and you write him so well. I'll just sit here and enable your addiction by reviewing all of your Charlie stories.

This feels exceptionally realistic to me – I definitely feel like this is in that lovely realm of could-be-canon-for-all-we-know (I have a particular fondness for that realm :D).

One little typo – there's an s missing. "We both know mum will freak out when I tell her I want to work with dragon." should be dragons. Minor nitpick, I know, but I can't help myself :D

I love the way you write the dynamics between these two – being someone who's never written Bill (wow, how did that happen?), I find it super interesting. I like Bill as the wise older brother sort – it works very well for him, I think, being he was the head boy type but still obviously looked up to. And, plus, he gives some great advice :D

Lovely, as always.