Reviews for The Avoidance Methodology
gnbrules chapter 1 . 5/16/2012
Yeah, I agree with you - Jack's making it seem like an impossibility, Allison and Zane are having trouble untangling it from reality, and Jo just doesn't know what to do. So yeah, I think she wanted it out in the open and was a little stung that "he" couldn't even allow for the possibility of friendship and attraction adding up to something more. (I mean, even in the first season it was actually a bet between Vincent and Zoey about whether Jo or Allison would become Jack's love interest). I was proud of Jo for telling Zane that one of the circumstances would be thinking he was dead, though. I'm trusting the writers to lead me somewhere believable for now.
AllyrienDM chapter 1 . 5/16/2012
I feel bad for Jo right now, though I, too, am hoping that these looks are only amounting to helpless frustration. I think that conversation she attempted to have with Jack was totally fair. When you're in a male/female friendship, you do make a conscious decision at some point to stay platonic. It might be an easy decision, but it's there! It is *insanely* frustrating for everyone around you to then decide you're probably going to get it on. It must be particularly annoying for Jo, who is after all an action girl at heart, that there is nothing she can say or do that will just *fix* it.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it, at least!

I think that was an excellent point you made about Zoe, by the way. :)
javadreamer chapter 1 . 5/16/2012
Great read! I'm not a huge fan of this current Carter/Jo conflict (feels forced and stupid to me, but that's just me)Interesting, I took a similiar view from the episode. the only difference in my mind - was that I think Zane finally understood when 1) Jo told him (when he was in Carter's body) that she didn't care what body he was in - he was who she wanted - which lead to the kiss. 2) When she told him if him being dead was part of the equation, as long as he didn't make her kill him, he didn't have much to worry about. (which that line really made me 'miss' the old Jo). What disconcerts me (besides not liking the whole storyline drama) is the look Jo had at the end ...
beaglesplus7 chapter 1 . 5/16/2012
This was awesome! You captured everything I was thinking about how the other three are treating Jo. I posted somewhere elase that by the end of the episode I thought Jo and Henry should run for their lives and let the basketcases figure everything out.
Tiffany chapter 1 . 5/16/2012
Oh 3 cheers are not enough! I agree with you and everyone who has reviewed! I'm pretty sick of the whole thing too and your story was just the explanation my head needed to make it through till the writers are done doing what they're doing. Its funny, really, how on Tuesday I logged on here to find outrage at the way TPTB have portrayed everything. (as my friends watch when the season is over so I can't spoil it for them). Thank you thank you thank you for your story! Please post more of them.
Sara60691 chapter 1 . 5/16/2012
Wow, never actually noticed/thought about it that closely, but this is entirely correct...Jo was getting blamed a lot. This is great and it totally sounds like what Jo would be thinking. I kind of feel bad for her, i wish things would steady out with her and Zane. But yeah, this little story is great and give great perspective on what Jo's thinking. Can't wait for you to post more stories!
QuasiOuster chapter 1 . 5/16/2012
It was cathartic just reading that! I laughed about all of the parts that I've been thinking in my head. But I do feel bad for Jo getting the short end of the stick when she's the only mature one in the midst of so much foolishness. I like the realism about the circumstances you portray through Jo's frustrations. Zane's paranoia I sorta get (although nice point about Zoe). But Allison, who I normally love for her rationality, is perplexing-I assume its internalized weirdness because she's marrying her own best friend after he kinda left her other good friend for her (and in real life at that). I hope she's back to her old self soon.

This story picks up on my favorite stuff of this season which is Jo's surrender to her feelings for Zane and commitment to him no matter what version of him she's with. I feel like her looks at Carter are more sadness over the distance between them which really is a shame.
dragooonthegreat chapter 1 . 5/15/2012
awesome...continue?
hatondog chapter 1 . 5/15/2012
This is a much better take on Jo's attitude, IMO, than the idea that her sideways looks at Carter over the last few episodes represent her wishing to be with him. My sympathies have tended to be more with Zane, who's probably seriously allergic to rejection. But enough's enough with this storyline, so yay for Jo shaking some sense into him and Allison!