Reviews for Ricochet
p3arce chapter 10 . 2/1
Author-san you said chapter 11 will be up soon...I have waited for ages!
Please update soon...don't abandon it
I love this story so please...
Oh my lord...what have I just read? This is a BEAUTIFUL fanfiction! I just adore the love hate relationship between these two and ship them furiously in the black rom!(homestuck reference meaning hate love) Anyhoo! Onto the constructive criticism! I don't really have any! This is just to perfect! Seriously though I can't think of anything that is wrong with this! You portray both of the characters so brilliantly! And the seductive new side of Shizuo is amazingly accurate! I can just picture everything! In a small little fanime :3 I also ADORE the tidbits of humor you throw in oh so cleverly! I've already mentioned this to my friend who also ships these two...but in red rom. (closest to human love) I eagerly await the next chapter and I demand you upload it posthaste!
blackheadedtoad chapter 10 . 10/20/2013
MORE MORE MORE! I'm sorry I just don't find that many good shizaya stories out there. But yours is soooooo amazing that I need to know what happens next. Also I'm interested in what happens after the meds wear off (If that ever happens [: lol). I know you haven't updated this story in a long time so you might not ever, but it would mean a lot to me if you did! K thanks bye!
Nekoyuurei chapter 10 . 5/5/2013
Don't stop theeere! this is a great story. Can't wait fir next xhapter.
SlvrSoleAlchmst1 chapter 10 . 4/13/2013
Hmn, so Izaya has figured out that Shizuo does like him. He's smart; this is good progress.

"No one would ever fall for the real Izaya." Oh my GOD; the things you are delving into here inside of Izaya's mind are so intense and wonderfully brilliant. Seriously, the more I read, the more I am impressed with your brain, you know. You get inside people's emotions so deeply and so well in the simplest way - and you make it easy to understand and easy for the reader to relate to.

Oh my god, Izayaaa! *bashes head against keyboard* Shizuo is sitting there sexy and shirtless, actually steeling himself and using his guts and being up-front honest with you and ASKING YOU HOW YOU FEEL, and all you can do is make smart remarks! GRAAAH, SO FRUSTRATINNNNGGG but so good hahaha I love the way you write them!

Oh god, but the stuff he says when the command kicks in, that stream of beautifully worded honest stuff... THAT was amazing to read, and I practically teared up like Izaya. I think it's just the RELIEF that comes with finally spewing honesty like that with so much feeling, you know? Shizuo's honesty shortly afterward is great, too. Gah, if you think about it, it's SO FREAKING OUT OF CHARACTER for them to say those kinds of things to each other, but because of the way you've set up and executed all the events in this fanfic so skillfully... by the time we reach this chapter, it still feels completely, totally appropriate for them.

Okay, holy shit, I just completely lost it at "Watch the mirror." I had NO IDEA what Shizuo was going to do. None. What a brilliant fucking idea, that, and it's SO HOT I think I might fall out of my desk chair and fail to type right now or something. Wow. WOW. I am... so impressed. Holy shit.

Gaaaahhh seriously, I can't take the hotness of this scene! Shizuo is THE HOTTEST SEME IN THE FREAKING WORLD HERE. I AM DYING. GET ME THE DROOL BUCKET. Dude, the things you said about sex scenes in your PM to me? I would like to modify my response. In your case, FUCK IT, you shouldn't even have to BOTHER trying to write sex scenes unless you're totally DYING to or something, because this... stuff like just this... THIS IS FREAKING INCREDIBLE. Let's face it, if sometimes the hotness comes more from what's implied and hinted at than what we can actually see carried out... then you are extremely good at pulling it off.

OH MY GOD, SHIZUO IS LEAVING THE ROOM? WHAT -ELSE- DOES HE HAVE PLANNED?! I CAN'T TAKE ANY MORE!

HAHAHA, SHIZUO, WHY DO YOU HAVE AN OBJECT LIKE THAT IN YOUR HOUSE? I'M DYING LAUGHING.

Anyway. Dear. God. You really, REALLY blew me away in this chapter. You are SO good at writing all that teasing, and I love that Shizuo gets Izaya to a place where he isn't fighting so much and just.. guh. Blown away. So, so, god damned impressed. You are a very adventurous, very clever, very effective writer. Just, wow.

KEEP DOING WHAT YOU DO. I CAN'T WAIT TO READ MORE OF YOUR STUFF.
SlvrSoleAlchmst1 chapter 9 . 4/13/2013
Ah, I see by this point the editor comes in that you were talking about. That's goooood. Let's see if I can tell the difference when I read this one, haha.

"Would Izaya like him, even if he wasn't forced to?" That seems to be a majorly important point in this story. I really like that you've chosen to focus on that/bring it to the forefront. I think it's something the readers could have assumed was going on in Shizuo's head themselves to fill in the blanks if you'd left it out, but I REALLY like that you have Shizuo consciously thinking about it so much. It shows that he isn't stupid, even if he is soft. Also, there's nothing hotter than a man who is in touch enough with his own feelings to admit to them, confront them, and then try to go do something about them and solve them like a man. HELL YEAH.

"It almost felt normal... all of this almost felt normal." ALMOST, haha that's so accurate. Also, I know I've already said this, but I just LOVE the way you write Shizuo and get inside his head. That tiny detail where Shizuo is wondering about what Izaya dreams... it says so much, and creates such a strong image! It's awesome!

"Even though he agreed to himself he knew that it would have only been for his amusement or Shizuo's humiliation. It was the same thing either way." Hah, it's cool and amusing and interesting to see that Izaya, also, is good at admitting to his own feelings, and can acknowledge that, even if HE'D been the one giving commands, he and Shizuo would probably still end up doing dirty things together. I like that Izaya knows himself so well. The thing is, just because Izaya can admit to it to HIMSELF doesn't mean he's necessarily going to admit it to Shizu-chan or actually DO anything about it beyond just recognizing it in his head. I'm really nervous for them now and curious to see where it's gonna go.

"The girls blushed, obviously thinking all the wrong things. 'Silly fan-girls... they must have read too much into the Dollars posts...' Izaya laughed inwardly, but were they wrong?" BWAHAHAHAHAHA. HAHAHA. HAH!

""So, can I ask?" Tom wondered out loud. "Nope." Shizuo calmly, but firmly responded as he blew the smoke out of his nose." THIS IS SHEER COMEDIC GOLD. I love Tom! He just takes it all in stride and for SUCH a long time doesn't say a damn thing, then when he finally does, it's so casual and simple, and Shizuo's response is equally simple, and then Tom just shuts back up again... For some reason, the whole thing is hysterical. It really says something about the great relationship Tom and Shizuo have, too. It's cool.

And DAMN. The end of this chapter is just... so fucking powerful. So many complicated things going on inside both of them, so many misunderstandings and concealments and so much tension. Ugh! You get into their psyches so well! I think, as a person, you must be extremely good at understanding emotions and reading people, because you really know what you're doing here. I can't wait to see what will happen to these poor boys! I suspect it will get worse before it gets better, yeesh, but... I'm hoping for some improvement for them still!
SlvrSoleAlchmst1 chapter 8 . 4/12/2013
Izaya going to work with Shizuo was such an unlikely image before this fanfic happened... but I'm so glad I get to witness it now! They're so amusing and cute! And better yet... THEY'RE BEING A TEAM. It's very refreshing, and amazing how you STILL manage to keep them in character.

THE BLUSH EFFECT HAHAHAHAHAHA OMG.

"Night, Flea." OH. MY. GAWD. SO. ADORABLE. AND SOMEHOW SO APPROPRIATE. Even though it shouldn't be! Haha it's so unlike them! How do you MANAGE this? I adore this fanfic. (Also, that was hot. Well done.)
SlvrSoleAlchmst1 chapter 7 . 4/12/2013
"It seemed like the blonde was warming up to him and if that wasn't the perfect chance to bring him down... then he didn't know what was." Oh nooo! Izayaaaa, you were about to have it so good, if you could have just accepted your feelings, but instead you insist upon fucking with everything, and messing with Shizuo's head more, using his desire against him... That's so in-character for Izaya to do. I just feel bad, as the reader, and also excited, because... things are going to get complicated now. Someone is going to get hurt. Ugh, I wonder how they will recover? Poor boys!

Tom. Is. Hilarious. I laughed so hard. I also cracked up at "There were a lot of 'firsts' going on between Shizuo and Izaya lately." Indeed.

Another good chapter. I should have gone to sleep ages ago but I'm having way too much fun devouring this fanfic. :P
SlvrSoleAlchmst1 chapter 6 . 4/12/2013
I. Nearly. Just. Pooped my pants laughing. About the top five speculations of why Shizuo and Izaya haven't been seen on the streets. Oh. My. God. FUNNIEST SHIT EVER. *practically crying from laughing so hard*

"If you know who I am, then you better start running. There's only one person who can outrun and dodge me... and it's not you." That line is GREAT. I've just decided that I absolutely love your Shizuo. Or maybe I'm IN love with him, hahaha. He's such a sweetheart, but still so badass. Gaaah.
SlvrSoleAlchmst1 chapter 5 . 4/12/2013
I LOVE the way you explained how Izaya views his own sex life! BAAAHH THIS STORY IS SO GOOD.
SlvrSoleAlchmst1 chapter 4 . 4/12/2013
This is SO FUN TO READ. Gah! You keep surprising me with awesome moments! My favorite one in this chapter was this part:

"Your freedom? I don't even have a say in the actions of my own body. Do you know what that feels like?"

"Yes, actually, I do. I feel it everytime you come around and make me so pissed off that I throw shit," etc.

AWESOME.

Mostly, I just can't get over the fact that you found such a NATURAL way to get them so close together for so long. It's wonderful! You're very clever.

I do have a suggestion for you now that I've read a bit more, though. Do you revise closely after you write a chapter? You have a few mistakes and some awkwardly worded sentences here and there, but mostly, it's hard to follow character POV. When the characters' thoughts are in italics like dialogue, it's easy enough to follow who's thinking, but in the narration sometimes I don't know which character is talking/thinking/viewing everything. It's not the easiest concept to grasp in writing, but maybe you could research "point of view/POV" in writing and see if it makes sense to you?
SlvrSoleAlchmst1 chapter 1 . 4/12/2013
BWAHAHAHA. The way this chapter ends is HILARIOUS. Shinra thinking he's dreaming, and Shizuo just being like, "I think I killed him... anyway, he's yours now." He's like PEACE DUDE MY WORK IS DONE, hahaha. Wow. You write all the characters really, really well. They're much more in character here than I've seen them in a lot of places, including my own crap. The things they say are absolutely hysterical, and I can't wait to see how the rest of this turns out. Glad there are so many chapters to keep me entertained! Thanks for writing. :)
IMPATIENT READER chapter 10 . 2/23/2013
Write chapter 11! Q-Q YOU SAID IT WAS COMING SOON AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Robenlin chapter 10 . 2/23/2013
More. More. Please
LovelyLust chapter 10 . 2/15/2013
I love this story so much, you don't even know w I can't wait for the next chapter!