Reviews for Not Stalking Firelord Zuko
This chapter ( ༎ຶ ༎ຶ )
"ask not what your katara can do for you, but what you can do for katara" oh man but also I got the sad feels when zuko and katana were just laying there hearing the dowager talking about imploding secret relationships... like that's so sad and awkward for them... and then katara spent the whole night thinking about it bc so much worries :( but I did get the happy feels, the fuzzies, when toph made the bracelet for her mother! like. So sweet. Gahh. I'm glad poppy and took have a better understanding of each other now :)
Ahhhh I love your stalking Zuko series, and I look forward to reading the author's notes as much as the actual chapter. I love how detailed the analysis is!
Dahala chapter 8 . 6/22
I believe white privilege no longer exists here in the U.S. Not sure what it's like in Australia but over here I just don't see it. And no I'm not white. I do believe that there would most definitely be heavy racism in the world of AtLA, especially from the Fire Nation. I mean, years and years of propaganda after all.
Upsetcherrios chapter 10 . 6/22
After reading the chapter completely I'm glad that Katara and other people are starting to realize my point
Upsetcherrios chapter 10 . 6/21
Katara really needs to stop babying Aang. I've indured all his antics and i feel that if Katara or anybody else hadn't felt the need to shelter Aang, allow him to run away, (without real consequences) or let him believe that he was right simply because he was Avatar. Some of these conflicts could have been solved quicker. They (honestly seems so childish to me). (Like how Katara never sat down and had a proper conversation with Aang about why he couldn't, one just kiss her without consent(with explanations)and why she didn't like him like that).
I don't like how guitar is approach to situations is ranting and then storming off and rarely bringing up again. I'm not sure if he was always like this because I haven't watched the show in a long time, but Katara is only adding to Aang's tendency to be the complete opposite of what the people need him to be. Everyone is trying to tell him one thing and even if Katara agrees with them she will still go and try and comfort him. In her defense isn't wrong but sometimes Aang needs to be left alone and not justified. (In those situations when she doesn't agree with him, he always thinks because she is comforting, him she agrees with her this mindset is toxic). He needs to learn to try to understand everyone else's point without constantly being coaxed to do so. She cannot go to him and rub his back because she feels bad he was hurt. In life there's not always going to be somebody to rub his back and tell him that everything will be okay. Aangk is the avatar, his life is going to get much more dangerous and he's going to have to make a lot of hard choices if he keeps getting treated this way, not only will it affect his decisions later on, as explained by Hakoda, but put a lot of people in danger. Honestly all I'm trying to say is that even if Katara is the group mom, she needs to cool off with the babying and let Aang grow up. He has two parts: he is the avatar and simultaneously A 112 year old boy with a twelve-year-old mind. He's going to have to grow up quickly and Katara is going to have to accept that. I don't hate Katara at all, she's actually my favorite character I just don't like the way she deals with these situations. :/
funaawa chapter 15 . 5/15
I gotta say, I totally agree with your A/N at the bottom of this chapter. I always felt a little uncomfortable at the whole pet-naming thing that katara and aang has in the comics, some ppl think it's cute, and I'm like? The show was good when kataang was just katara and aang (separately) I have nothing against kataang (it's leagues better than maiko imo) but I think they were written very badly and OOC in the comics. Partially the reason why I'm in denial that the comics exist, and did you know that the comic artist for atla is actually a zutara shipper lol. Anyway, I feel that kataang should've been handled better and Zuko shouldn't have ended up with mai...I just want all the characters to be happy and I know that Zuko will never be happy around Mai. I just didn't like how hard bryke was trying to get rid of zutara, if you want a show to be successful, my opinion would be to let the show take it's course through all the events that happened, the show writes itself, man. I am also unhappy with the nonexistent interaction that Zuko and katara has in lok, I wished Ehasz and the rest of the animating staff gotten their wish of book 4 of atla. The plans for it sounded so good.
pansymoomalfoy32 chapter 28 . 5/14
This was perhaps my 6th reread. Just perfect. My canon.
DarkerthanWhite chapter 28 . 4/25
I think this remains to be my favorite story of all time. Whenever I go on an Avatar Binge because of stress/feelings, whatever, I always stop with your little trilogy feeling a little lighter. Not because it's the most well written, or the most complex; but rather because it creates a unique feeling whenever I read it. The best way I can describe it is this fluttery, ecstatic, sunny feeling. Its as if my heart decided to replace its Oxygen with Helium.

I'm always grinning ear to ear whenever I'm reading, reading the chapters in the bushel. It keeps me up into the late hours of the night; and I never feels dissatisfied. While I do feel like all the Zutara teases do grow a bit tedious; your characterization is on point. Zuko "feels" like Zuko, Aang acts like himself...etc. But best of all is your characterization of Katara. She's her own character, and grows and changes like all the others. She isn't completely dependent on Aang or Zuko (seriously, fuck the comics) and she makes her own path.

Anyways, just wanted to say thanks for writing this story; and always keep you chin up. I don't know how much some random stranger's opinion is valued; but I think your head canon and writing is great!
This is the BEST Zutara fic, or well rather series of fics, and that's no exaggeration. You perfectly incorporate canon and make it something better; this fic supersedes canon in my opinion. Every single character is portrayed perfectly, their flaws and strengths are so realistic and are a huge reason this fic is so genuinely wonderful to read. Your writing is so fluid that my eyes move onto the next sentence, paragraph, chapter seemingly on their own accord. Every single ramble at the end is excellent and allows for meaningful insight into your perspective of the characters; often times they are my favourite part of chapter and that's saying something cosindering how excellent every chapter is. I love the dynamic you've created between Katara and Zuko's; they fit so well together and really do make for a better couple than what we got.

I adore the 'Stalking Zuko' series so much, and am really grateful for you writing it. I can't wait to see any further instalments. You concluded it so well, plus you can really see how you've developed as a writing. Thank you so much; and keep up the great work! Have a lovely day!
Just read all 3 stalking stories and thought they were wonderful. Thank you!
Fishfinna12 chapter 28 . 3/24
I'm going to dive right in this, this story change me. Avatar had always been the thing that impacted me the MOST of anything in my life, I'm not even joking in single handily made me choose to become an animator, a better friend, and shaped how I look at the world. But the way this story was able to dance and form around cannon it made it feel like I was 5 agin, and I was asking my friend if she knew what "The Avatar show " was like. It's funny how much this got to me, see I read it slowly in a total of 2 years. I remember times I wanted to share a moment so badly I would reread something over and over as if I could somehow just pass how happy I was feeling to someone else. I cryd so hard in the lightning scene I hade tear stains for a week, and don't even get me started on how it felt to read:"so I've decided this will be my last entry." It was like the show had ended all over again.
This fic begin to feel more real then my own life. So from the bottom of my heart. Thank You.
Wahboop chapter 28 . 3/17
Well, it's been a while since I started reading this series and I have finally finished it. And wow, am I ever glad I found this. Like you, I always felt that the characters fell flat after such beautiful arcs of growth they went through, except for Aang that is. You rectified this situation, but not through force. Instead, you portrayed a realistic world full of realistic people who are sometimes smart and sometimes idiotic, not lovable at all time but lovable for the most times. Your rationale behind what characters are doing or why you introduced a certain aspect to the ATLA world were all thorough and sensible, so even if a reader did not necessarily agree they could not say that it didn't make sense. Thank you for introducing this story to the world, I will be holding onto memories of the shenanigans I read about for a long time.
Fyrepen33 chapter 28 . 3/8
I just wanted to say thank you so much for writing this series. :) These stories were what I would have loved to see in season 3 and everything I could have hoped for had there been a season 4. I loved the development of their relationship, as well as all of the different themes you explored in terms of obstacles to their relationship, the attitudes Katara would have faced after being reunited with her tribe and Zuko and Katara having a realistic and honest (and not perfect) relationship. Thank you! :)
Wahboop chapter 13 . 2/28
So, I just wanted to pause (with great difficulty) and remark on how amused I am by the great increase in frustration and profanity in this fic. No more shall we talk about "motherPUCKERSno, it is all straight up cuss words from here on out! It really adds to the overall mood. Also, by the way, I can completely picture Sokka with a "bitch please" face, and it won't leave my head... anyway, onward with the reading!
1,149 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »