Reviews for Not Stalking Firelord Zuko
All cats are grey chapter 4 . 6/14/2012
Ok,I really hope Zuko will NOT decide to get back with Mai even though Katara couldn't tell him about her feelings. I can see why he doesn't want to wish for something more with Katara since he's not sure abour her ,I'm pretty sure the boy deep down thinks he's fooled himself so much during his life searching for other people to recipricate his affection,I think deep down he really does not have a single clue.

But still! He shouldn't get back in a relationship with Mai,he clearly loves someone circle for it.

Aang ruined everything I can feel it already. I'm not sure if he's a Zutara ruiner more than Sokka. I thought nothing could be Sokka interrumpting them from kissing. But Aand really did his best in this chapter to beat him,lol.

Iroh's gifts and Aang/Katara. This is why your fanfiction is the classic example of "Better than Canon",seriously.

Why you weren't on the working team of this series is a mistery and a crime.

Anyway the sequences were so spot on T_T You put such an extra care in describing all the characters,all of their bondings...

When Iroh gave Zuko Lu Ten's dao blades I had to listen again to Leaves from the vine.

Perfection.

And then the ceremony. I was almost expecting Iroh to say something to Katara about Zuko,but then it wasn't the case.

Sooo this chapter made me groan a bit when Aang appeared and when she wanted to kiss him but she couldn't.

I was cheering both times for Katara,but helas.

Lmao, I bet that this entire Mai thing will bring some misunderstanding,Katara will get extremely jealous and pissed and Zuko will kiss her.I don't know if things will happen that quickly,but I think it will be Zuko to kiss her first. I can feel it!

I've already said thanks for having written this so quickly on our zutara lj community,bu I shall say it again here.

Komo Pineconeseed chapter 4 . 6/14/2012
Hi! I really should be studying for my Parasitology final, but I'm going to review this instead.

Not that I'm going to complain about the gift-giving part in the middle, but it just felt a little... random? I understand it's purpose since you needed to explain Aang's robes, and giving Katara the waterbending scrolls was nice for her character thematically, but it felt like Christmas. It's not a bad, but it felt weird. Weird in a neutral way.

And I'm going to have to disagree with your second Anon. Normally, I do think a person should respect canon and treat it like the fandom's bible, but canon first needs to be consistent in order to do that. And like you've pointed out, canon is not consistent with the character's personalities when it comes to pairings (like Zuko's), nor does it have a good overarching theme (ie Katara being the Avatar's girl).

I'm the kind of person who usually adores canon pairings! Usually, if I felt like there was any bit of attraction between characters, I'd ship them! I think I'd ship Kataang and Maiko if the relationships didn't feel like middle school puppy love. The only time I ever felt that Maiko could exist for the long term was when Mai stopped the gondola from sinking. And I still don't understand how Katara fell in love with Aang romantically. Katara and Aang didn't even feel like friends with equal power- it was either Aang saving Katara and/or the group like a protagonist would or Katara mothering Aang.

Yeah, that's my rant.

Komo
Guest chapter 4 . 6/14/2012
(in the voice of mai from yu gi oh the abridged series) I just love author favouritism! Seriously though? Mai has low esteem of everyone else? Where do you even get that from? She sacrificed hersel for Zuko and co in the boiling rock which is pretty weird considering you said she has low esteem of him. Pairing of Zuko with her as a way to even it out with kataang... They provided fairly good setup and it wasn't like the backgrounds for the characters didnt support the pairing... I mean there's literally no foundation for zutara in canon apart from the crossroads of destiny which is one of the few times they aren't trying to beat the crap out of each other. But whatever have a fun time shipping. ( this is in no way bashing zutara I'm just sick and tired of shipping fans trying to make their ship seem better by putting down the canon ones. Canon is the basis for everything so pay some respect as fanfiction is inherently derivative and without canon we wouldn't have a great show)
EbonyWing chapter 4 . 6/14/2012
This is so cool. I loved the Zuko-Iroh bonding! XD

Most importantly, I love your writing. I love the way you have solid logical reasons for things(and can back it up!) It makes the story stronger in my opinion. :)

Maiko always felt a bit forced to me anyway. Though I am seriously pissed off that Katara didn't get a statue! Seems to back up the 'Avatar's girl' label fiasco that Katara was worried about earlier.

I'm constantly checking to see if this is updated, this story is brilliant and always makes me laugh. Definitely more satisfying than the end of the actual series! :P
Wicked Empress chapter 4 . 6/14/2012
I just loved this chapter. My favorite in NSFZ this far.

Gotta admit that I was hugely relieved that there was minimal amount of Mai caused drama in this chapter.

Also, gifts that Iroh gave the gaang were great! And your logic behind them was even better. It makes sense that Fire Nation would have taken a few scrolls from other nations and studied a bit from them. Sokka's gift was great too! I've read a couple of fics where he goes off to mission to find his space sword, but so far I haven't read anything about space sword II. It was also nice to know, where Aang's new outfit came from.

The moment with Katara and Aang was really cute. They really work the best as friends or in a surrogate mom-son-relationship. That is my favorite kind of Kataang.

About your author's notes, I really really felt like clapping and cheering at your Maiko WTFs. All those points were so true...

Already looking forward to next chapter and drunk Mai!
Somariel chapter 4 . 6/14/2012
Awesome chapter. I really like the presents Iroh gives everyone. Actually, I like pretty much everything in this chapter. It's impossible to single out a favorite moment.

Also, while we may have agreed to disagree about Mai and Zuko's suitability for each other, your author's note in this chapter has given me some interesting things to think about re: Maiko in the finale.
Chosha Kurenai chapter 4 . 6/14/2012
Yay, new chapter!

I see how your getting the twists in the situation to make canon yet still have Zutaraness to it here. And you gotta say that the prison thing does make some sense (though I think Zuko 'forgetting' her is kinda jutsified in the fact he's, you know, been lightning struck. Its possible that he just 'lightning-brained' the think. Because I really can't see him having forgotten someone in prioson any other way. Ex-girlfriend or not. like you said, they are still close-ish even iuf they're not going out. Trauma just tends to effect people's memories a bit.

But the main point of me mentioning that was the agreement about if Mai could get out of prison with her uncle's pulling of the strings, who's to say Ozai couldn't do that.

Ouch! Step uip security there, Zuko, otherwise that will so bite you in the ass.

But anyway, I loved the gift giving scene and I was really touched by the Iroh-Zuko conversation.

I'm interested to see how you do the Katara-Aang 'paring' scene in Ba Sing Se and twist it to Zutara-ness, but I imagine a lot will happen between now and then, and I'm going to be interested to see what Mai has to say, how the party goes etc. Not to mention that there must be a lot going to happen with the peace talks and such. Ah, so much to do and all awesomeness to look forwards too.

As always, enjoying this and can't wait for more!

Til next time!

CK
Lux Aureus chapter 4 . 6/14/2012
Solid chapter. Is it just me, or is your average chapter length getting longer?

Two small points, the first regarding the Maiko relationship. My line of thought was that Mai saw the aspects of Zuko that were hidden beneath the anger, and Zuko similarly saw in Mai the emotions simmering beneath her surface. Mai was always in love with the generally sweet guy that was buried when Zuko grew embittered by anger and self-loathing. Zuko may not be angry anymore, but as is shown in The Beach, it's the angry outer layer that Mai dislikes. As for Zuko, he has a tendency to bring out her livelier side (consider their conversations in Nightmares and Daydreams) and I suspect that she is much less "gloomy" and withdrawn when Zuko is around.

As for the second point, you mentioned that, if not for Katara, Zuko would have died in the Agni Kai. That is, in fact, false. If Katara had not been there to be an extra target for Azula's crazy, Azula would have been iced by Zuko without him getting that chest wound at all. Iroh should be scolding her for entering the frame.

Other than that (and the second is a minor nitpick in regards to something mentioned in your author's note) I was impressed. Keep up the excellent work.
DonnadelLago chapter 4 . 6/14/2012
Pre-reading: ! I can't believe you updated already - you're a queen!

Unfortunately I have to prepare for a huge exam tomorrow *sob*...

Will reward myself with a brand new "Not stalking Firelord Zuko" the moment I'm out of the exam room :)
Kimberly T chapter 4 . 6/14/2012
"He sounded like he had at least 18 testicles – that is how deep and booming his voice was."

Dammit, Em, you made me snort milk when I read that! X-D

"I think she temporarily absconded to have a mini rumble with the Hippo, because when she returned, Hippo was carrying her, sitting primly on his shoulder. The Hippo was saying over and over again I will humbly serve the incredible and amazing Toph for the rest of this day, as she is a badass like it was some sort of mantra."

This actually clears up something I'd occasionally wondered about Toph's brief appearance at the coronation. Why would she be on Hippo's shoulder at all? The Duke was most likely hoisted on Pipsqueak's shoulder in order to see Zuko being crowned, but Toph is blind, so giving her a boost like that makes about as much sense as giving ballet slippers to a snake. But once again, you came up with an explanation that works; Well done, Em!

I agree with large portions of what you said about the Maiko relationship. And as for "Most of Iroh's presents are copies of rare and priceless scrolls. Reason for this is mostly because I think that knowledge and learning is the best gift ever", I agree 100 percent!

Really looking forward to the promised party shenanigans in the next chapter! :-D
The Wandering Cat chapter 4 . 6/14/2012
Hey, sorry I haven't reviewed the last chapter I had school and had to remodel my house. Thank you so much for the shout-out, I'll update the tvtropes page as soon as I have time.

For the story, Mai is one of favorite female characters. I do like Maiko, but not within the actual context of Avatar. Maiko grew on me through the work of fanfiction expanding their relationship, and now I can understand why I didn't like their canon relationship.

Katara deserved the spotlight for her role in the war. She is the nail of the story. Without her, the war would still be going on and there would be no Last Airbender, liberated Earth Kingdom, feminist-movement for the Water Tribes nor Firelord Zuko

You're right, she does deserve a statue.

Yes, you finally watched the legend of Korra! Although completely irrelevant, I want to see your opinion on the series.
AnnaAza chapter 4 . 6/13/2012
The on-and-off thing about Maiko—gee, I don't know. I mean, Leonard and Penny from Big Bang Theory keep breaking up and getting back together and breaking up and staying good friends with a bisonload of sexual tension and friendship between them. But I don't know. Did Mai try to write him when Zuko got banished, or did she give him up for lost? They got back together after CoD, where Zuko was having second thoughts and issues about betraying Iroh, who wouldn't talk to him (I'm assuming it was the first time in his life). Perhaps Mai was an anchor in his unstable life? They did seem to have good times...

Anyway, Aang's robes and necklace present was really touching; it almost made me cry. I mean, Iroh is totally capable and willing to do this, but wow. Aang is the last Airbender, and it's sort of sad that there's no one left besides him (and Iroh, who read the scrolls) who knows the rites and rituals of the robes. Katara instating him officially as the Avatar was very significant (she DID find him, after all), and I'm sure Aang will remember that as a very special moment for him. I think Aang is very naive, but you have to remember the monks sort of threw the Avatar duty on him and his only friend was Monk Gyatso until the Gaang. Gyatso, even if he did train Aang and acted as a father, played with him and even participated in throwing pies at the fellow monks. The other monks were all like "TRAIN TRAIN TRAIN," and Aang was sort of kept away from the grueling, harsh training.

I loved the gifts because they were very, very useful and special. Sokka—I would have imagined Piandao giving him another meteorite sword, and the power of knowledge is open for him! (I am so jealous) Zuko's first gift was hilarious, but Iroh giving Lu Ten's Daos to Zuko also made me almost cry. It's kind of like Iroh has kept Lu Ten's spirit away and has embraced that he is gone. (he can never get over Lu Ten, but no parent can) Giving Zuko the swords means something special to both of them, something that bonds them in grief and sorrow and a little joy. You know?

The coronation seemed to go well, and I was glad to see the Fire Nation citizens not booing Zuko in the finale (of course Bryke wouldn't do that, but still). A lot of it were promises and vows between the Avatar and the Fire Lord. I think Roku wishes that he and Sozin could have ended as Aang and Zuko did.

Too bad Zuko and Katara keep getting interrupted! Come off it!
07XReflectional chapter 4 . 6/13/2012
Girl,

You need to update. Like NOW.
Tigrette-of-Fire chapter 4 . 6/13/2012
YES! AN UPDATE! I have been waiting for this! Agh, this was so amazing! Aang! Why did you have to inturrupt Katara's confession. And Iroh and Zuko's father-son moment was so, so sweet. Zuko's coronation made me rediculously happy. So did the gift giving.

I am looking forward to the party! Drunk Mai seems to be shaping up to be hilarious! I egarly await your next update!
AnnaAza chapter 3 . 6/13/2012
KATARA LOOK AWAY. NO. YOUR HEART CANNOT TAKE IT. I AM GOING TO PULL A SASSY GAY FRIEND ROUTINE ON ZUKO IF HE BREAKS HER HEART!

All right, that's enough of it. Katara's apprenticeship will certainly be full of challenges with Dr. Yang's tough attitude. Yugoda seemed very friendly and encouraging, so a contrast of the two healers should be interesting. I'd like Dr. Yang and Katara to open up when Katara loses her first patient—she has lost Jet, but it would be terrible for her to fail again. Could she utilize Bloodbending, or was that a one shot deal? Katara's determination and Dr. Yang's "she must talk to me" sort of reminded me of the end of The Midwife's Apprentice.

On a side note, I love Dr. Yang and Iroh's relationship. They seem like opposites, but Dr. Yang is softer around Iroh. (like our favorite couple!)

Sorrak is an amazing guy for giving Katara that bead and taking a stand. I myself have a single mom, and I've gotten a lot of derisive comments about this, so I really liked Sarrok. Bless him.

All in all, I can't wait to see what happens next!
1,150 | « Prev Page 1 .. 59 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 .. Last Next »