Reviews for Not Stalking Firelord Zuko
somethingalittlemoreclever chapter 1 . 5/30/2012
In my mind, you can do no wrong. Every chapter of this is wonderful, and i've reread both stalking zuko and not stalking zuko 2-3 times. their really expertly written fiction.. to represent my feelings on how excited i am for the next chapter, i wrote this quote," adfffjjgghhshh"
Lilako chapter 2 . 5/27/2012
Please update soon. I'm at a loss for words... I just can't wait for the next chapter. :P
QuietShadowz chapter 2 . 5/27/2012
Man the water tribe men just make me angery sometimes! i would have probably reacted some what the same as katara did if they were treating me the same way :(((

its a good thin zuko was there to comfort her xD and that she got her dad to understand. hes definitly very suspicious of zuko and katara..very suspicious. uncle iroh and toph are just the best it hard to not love them.

i can understand jeong jeongs point but he is definitly wayyyy to harsh on aang and that agument with zuko definitly brought out older brother/dad zuko and then aang had to be comforted by older sister/mom katara. she really is good with dealing with aang...zuko and katara are like the parents of the gaang huh they are just one big family. katara is th mom, zuko is the dad sokka is the cool older brother/uncle toph is the pesky/devious/bad ass little sister and aang is the sweet slightly spoiled little borhter.

Gramazing job i cant wait to see what happens next xDDDDD

p.s in your AN when you were talking about Zuko being older brother/dad figure to aang it gave birth to an plot bunny that will now not leave my mind xDDDDD
torchide chapter 1 . 5/27/2012
Oh, and I forgot to add: in regards to chapter 2, here I was, screaming loudly in my head for Katara to just waterbend the fuck out of the drunken chauvinistic pigs.

I was disappointed, but your way was more realistic.
torchide chapter 2 . 5/27/2012
Alright, I've just started and finished the first two parts of this fic, and it is so RIDICULOUSLY long but so RIDICULOUSLY good, delicious, juicy, hilarious, heart-wrenching, emotional, and canon-compliant. You have done an amazing job and I thoroughly enjoy each and every one of your author's notes. I admire how much thought goes into every little detail, how well everything connects, and look forward to your next update!

This chapter in particular was the first to draw real tears in my eyes. I admit to being a bit of a rock while reading - don't get me wrong, I do love emotional scenes, but it takes a LOT for me to actually cry (I do, however, laugh a lot) while reading a fanfiction. Hakoda's apology to Katara did it for me. This was beautiful and amazing and it broke my heart almost as much as the episode Zuko Alone broke my heart. You are a super talented writer, and I am now your loyal fan.
Icepath-Snowwing chapter 2 . 5/26/2012
SQUEE! An excellent chapter! Well done. Of course I'm disappointed that Katara's speech didn't work, but it's true that it wouldn't be all magically fixed and rainbows would suddenly be in the sky with unicorns prancing about. I also agree that if my beliefs/me in general were challenged, I normally react with anger and resentment, so I think you pinned that emotion well. Still, after thinking about it for awhile, I probably would come to realize that I actually was wrong, but won't want to admit it. So, the characters were very well written to portray real feelings. I'm glad to know that a few will be on Katara's side, and that Zuko gets to stand up for Aang. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that Jeong Jeong would quit teaching Aang because their temperaments clash, but I kind of wish it would've worked out. Iroh would likely be a better teacher, but of course, no time. The Fire Nation is a mess!

I also enjoyed the Toph/Iroh interaction. Of course Iroh would assume it's a whole date issue and start planning the wedding already, and Toph would suspect it wasn't. And of course, Toph is right. :) I would've loved to see what Iroh's thoughts on a wedding would've been. :)

Anyways, lovely chapter! I thoroughly enjoyed it and the tiny wait was SO worth it. In fact, I think I checked every day for an update. :) I'm glad updates are fairly constant, so that I don't have to wait for a couple months (*looks away, ashamed*) to read another one, especially with so much content and being well written.

Thanks for writing! This so made my day. :)

boothandbones4ever chapter 2 . 5/26/2012
Great first two chapters. I loved the floozies waiting for Zuko. Yay Katara made her speech, go girl.
AnnaDruvez chapter 2 . 5/26/2012
Honestly, as far as Jeong Jeong is concerned, I don't know why Zuko hasn't gone off on him for an entirely different reason:

In The Firebending Masters, it is pointed out that fire is not just destruction - it's life and energy. That was the very lesson that Zuko needed to learn so that he would not just be using anger to fuel his bending. It sounds like Jeong Jeong hasn't gotten past that misconception.

Shouldn't that, in itself, invalidate him as a teacher?

Perhaps Aang should be going back to the Sun Warriors? Or Zuko could invite one of them to the Fire Nation to help teach a 'better path.' New levels of possible conflict there.
07XReflectional chapter 2 . 5/26/2012
Woman! You best be updating soon cause I be a sad panda if you dont.

If it makes you happy, I say that alot now ;) and i contaged people into the panda joke as well so whoo!:D Even though i heard that the oanda thing was from South Park becayse they were at a sex ed thing and apperently being a sad panda means you got raped xD

Thats my rant anyways, back to yours. I like how your morphing it all so it can male sense and above all, be realistic. Yay!:D I also love the feminist thing FTW! You should update soon:] I wanna know what happens!

Also Ive had a question througout this whole thing, are you gonna end this fic with the way it ended in canon with your little Zutara twist? Or are you going to change the emding entirely? ORRR IS IT A ZESTY SURPRISE? (haha punny! Get it? Zesty? Gingersnaps? ...ok ill shut up xD)
Random Reviewer chapter 2 . 5/26/2012
Great chapter as usual. The confrontation with Jeong Jeong was really good. Even though I don't dislike Jeong Jeong he is probably my least favorite of the OWL members mostly because of his firebending is a curse attitude and the way he talks to Aang sometimes. During the fight though I felt like both sides had very valid points. I also like that it sets up that Aang is probably going to have some character development in the story. The confrontation with Katara and the men from her tribe is also very good. I didn't think they would agree with what Katara had to say. Luckily it seems like things will start to change at least. Got to admit that their sexist attitudes are starting to bother me. Particularly when one guy refered to a girl as a slut just because she might have a crush on him. Also liked the Zuko and Katara interaction. Really liked how Zuko just wanted her to feel better without forcing it on to her and that Katara wanted to tell him why she was upset. Also liked how Zuko was frowning when he noticed someone was coming, smiled when he saw it was Katara, and then frowned when he noticed she was upset. That reminds me a lot of the episode when Zuko first joins them and then at the end Katara shows up in his room. His facial expressions were really similar in both cases. You know who is probably Mai and I got mixed feelings about that. I'm excited because I'm interested in how she will be portrayed in this story and once she shows up there will probably be a lot of drama. Its also going to be sad though because the situation is going to hurt Katara, Zuko, probably Mai, and is going to be bad for pretty much everybody. I'm also interested in what Katara is going to ask Dr. Yang. I honestly have no idea what she is going to ask her so I guess I'm going to have to wait til the next chapter to find out.
KnowledgeandImagination chapter 2 . 5/25/2012
oooh, such an awesome chapter! we finally get to see Katara's awesome speech. I agree wholeheartedly that if things changed so quickly, it'd have been quite unrealistic. So I'm glad you made it the way you did. It was really good of her to have gotten through to her dad though. I feel that would have quite a helpful impact.

I also like the portrayal of Jeong Jeong, zuko, and aang's argument. it wouldn't have made sense if everything came so easily, and everyone got along all the time, so I'm glad there was some realistic conflict here, though I do feel bad for those involved and I hope they'll resolve everything.

I'm also eager to see how you plan to develop Aang in this story, as well as the others. I hope to see more soon!

awww, iroh planning the wedding... that would be awesome

oh noes, you know who? I think I know who... kinda worried about the shenanigans to come... but I have faith it'll all work out in the end.

can't wait for the next chapter!
jmac1220 chapter 2 . 5/25/2012
Lovely! They are all so perfectly flawed and genuine. It makes for great reading. I CANNOT wait to see how you write you-know-who.
G0d3ss0fD1sc0rd chapter 1 . 5/25/2012
ohh god the floozies! lmao everyone of your stories makes me nearly dead with laughter. for some reason i imagined zuko's laugh as a higher version of mufasa's laugh in the lion king. is that weird?
Lux Aureus chapter 2 . 5/25/2012
In regards to Jeong-Jeong's teaching method, I think you may have missed the mark a bit. Remember that JJ is a master of the prevailing style of firebending used in the Fire Nation. It is very rigid, and it draws upon anger. This is the style that Ozai, Azula, Zhao, etc. use.

Iroh uses a type of firebending influenced by the dragons, as do Aang and post-reform Zuko, which is much more fluid and draws upon the user's force of will. All the coping techniques that JJ was trying to teach Aang were a means to handle "Sozin-style" firebending, which requires that level of control in order to stop from letting the anger one uses as a fuel source do something one would regret. That's why JJ is all about how fire is all destruction and control is so important.

On the other hand, Zuko and Aang (and before that, Iroh) learned that fire is life, not destruction. Although a level of control would still be important, it is not as firm of a requirement when you're firebending dragon-style. If you watch Zuko's attacks post-Firebending Masters, you'll see that they have all become much more fluid than before, and Aang's body movements while firebending are quite different than Azula's and Ozai's.

Conflict might arise between Aang and JJ because JJ probably isn't going to learn dragon-style between when Iroh summons him and the show's finale. On the other hand, there is a limited amount that JJ could conceivably teach Aang, and the basics of the breath and other such basics would be about all he could do.

(As an aside, it's my belief, although it is never elaborated, that Iroh had been trying to teach Zuko the basics of "dragon-style" firebending throughout the first two seasons of the show. Zuko possesses a few fluid techniques that he uses early in the show, like that crazy whirling kick thing. It would certainly be fitting with Iroh's character, and we do know that Iroh taught Zuko some unusual firebending techniques, like how to harm himself up with a breath of fire, that other firebenders don't seem to know.)
randomosity chapter 2 . 5/25/2012
YAAAAY! NEW CHAPTER AT LONG LAST! I love this story, actually I love all your stories, they're so well written and believable :3

You-know-who... Mai or Jet, methinks. Maybe Ursa, but that would be rather out of nowhere and doesn't fit in with canon, so I'm guessing not.

Please update Jet's Troubling Obsession soon, it's HILARIOUS!

1,088 | « Prev Page 1 .. 59 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 .. Last Next »