Reviews for Not Stalking Firelord Zuko
lazyguy90 chapter 3 . 6/6/2012
Great work as always. Keep at it.
CosmoSpiritVarie417 chapter 3 . 6/5/2012
I see what you did there with the polar beardogs. ;D lol Nice chapter! Can't wait for the next chapter with Mai! Oooo Drama!
nerdimaddi chapter 2 . 6/3/2012
okay, so i've read through all three of your Stalking Zuko fics and i absolutley love them to death. you kept pretty much everything completeley canon, but at the same time elaborated and fleshed out the story we love. honestly, most of the stuff you write makes way more sense then the show did. the way you portray Zuko is also absolutley adoable. when i watched the show I was always a little upset that, besides Iroh, nobody seemed to appriciate how absolutley crappy everything was for Zuko. His childhood was crap for obvious father-burning-him situations and general-beat-down-on-his-self-esteem-situations, but even outside of those he NEVER had it easy. everyone is quick to point fingers at him for the whole Ba Sing Se incidient, but I don't blame Zuko at all. He'd been taken away from his home and EVERYTHING that he knew. Sure, he'd seen a lot of the effect the fire nation was having on the earthkingdom, but he wasn't seeing the pure evil that was going on back at home. as far as Zuko could tell, all that mayhem in the earth kingdom was unintentional, and they WERE at war, what did everyone expect? so in a very short amount of time Zuko is given the choice between, capturing Aang, someone who he really doesn't have any emotional attachment or reason to take his side, and going home, or betraying his sister (who he does care about no matter what horrible sibling rivalry they have) and forsaking the possibility of EVER going home. frankly, i don't blame him one bit for his decision. but even after he joined the gain, there really was no appriciation for him. i mean, he practically threw himself between combustion man and the gaang, he willingly let himself get locked in a freezer, left his ex girlfriend in prison, went on a suicide attack mission against his sister so the gaang could escape and agrees to an agni kai with his sister, mostly so that Katara wouldn't have to fight and possibly get hurt. over all, Zuko is a big ass adorable emo child who tries to help everyone and nobody ever appriciates it.

which is why I really like this fic, because without changing the story at all you show Katara really getting to know Zuko. and she really gets him. Zuko finally gets that appriciation! and I love how you write Katara. I love her, but honestly in the show she could really piss me off. her faith in Aang as the only hope for the world bothered me and she was a bit of a whiney bossy butt face at times. but she was also really compassionate and your fic does a good job of showing both these sides of her. your fic does a great job of portraying ALL the characters. there were so many issues that could have been touched on in the show that you covered here. and as far as I'm concerned, everything written in your fic is officially canon for me. I can't wait to read more! I need more of Zuko's adorable babble and how they'll finally get together and work things out.

on a side note, I think Katara would be happy in the Fire nation. she's been traveling the world for so long now, I really DON'T think she would be happy going back to the Southpole. the Southern Watertribe was so closed off and far away from the rest of the world, I think she would feel caged and uninvolved, and god does Katara like to be involved in everybodys' business. Plus, she would never stand for the same old treatment again. shes's a master waterbender, but no one in the Southernwater tribe would really appriciate that. in the firenation she would be considered an equal (at least gender wise) and she could be involved in the reformation of the world she faught so hard to free. I think she would travel around a bit, to help people at end disputs. in the beginning, I know there would be some discrimination because she IS water tribe and the fire nation is so new to the whole "firenation isn't actually godlike in comparison to other people" mentality, but she would keep fighting for her right to be treated fairly (like she did in the Northern Watertribe) and she herself wouldn't discriminate (the whole painted lady escapade proved to me that Katara doesn't see people based on their nationality. a firenation person who needs her help is just as important as a watertribe person who needs her help) PLUS, she would have Zuko, so that pretty much cancels out all the negatives in my book ;D
Irako of the Desert chapter 2 . 6/3/2012
The whole thing about how Aang isn't ready to learn the firebending Jeong Jeong has to teach because his personality is very non-confrontational actually fits in with the kind of problems Avatar Korra has now. I know you haven't been watching it, and I don't know how much you know, so POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT! DO NOT CONTINUE READING THIS COMMENT IF YOU DON'T WANT TO HAVE THE LEGEND OF KORRA SPOILED IN ANY WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM!

Ok, so basically, Korra is very much about facing things head-on and confronting everything. Every emotion and thought is pretty much worn in big, flashing neon signs on her sleeves (or armbands). She also cannot seem to grasp how to airbend, despite having pretty much mastered the other three elements (except for the spiritual parts, so I guess she's not really a master). You make sense out of that in a reverse sort of way by pointing out how non-confrontational Aang is. He's a master Airbender because that's what mental mindset of airbending is about. Confrontation is to be avoided. Korra can't understand that mindset, so therefore, she can't figure out how to airbend.
Anon chapter 2 . 6/3/2012
Please update! I NEED Katara and Zuko to get together. Your world is so good.
Ozuma thy Awesome chapter 2 . 6/2/2012
Oh damN! I whizzed through this! I crave more Zuko in this story! IDK... Coz of the title or something
AnnaAza chapter 2 . 6/1/2012
Katara, right on! You go, girl! I must say that I was feeling a bit grouchy at Aang throughout the series, but his support of his friend is a rather touching. I mean, it probably made matters worse, but let's face it. Katara is right. The Water Tribe men were such (insert an animal name here) (insert swear word). I mean, if guys sleep around with loads of girls, they're called "players" and sometimes are CONGRATULATED. If girls do the same thing, they're slapped with the SLUT label. They expect Katara to do their filthy washing and pour wine when there are servants paid to do those kinds of things? She is a free, independent woman, and I think you should be pouring her wine! If she hadn't saved Zuko or defeated Azula, it would have been bad. Even if Aang did apprehend Ozai, there would be an heir to the throne (Azula, the crazy maniac), and I don't think Aang could have had a go at Azula after Ozai.

This is why Zuko is so great for Katara. He's so understanding and so supportive. Someone should draw Hakoda as a knight (I keep snickering at Zuko's over-politeness). Hakoda basically is a good men, but since he is of the more priveledged side, then he really doesn't get it. Of course, now that his daughter has convinced him, she'll have more influential support.

Aang and Jeong Jeong and Zuko are sort of at an impasse. I think Jeong Jeong's attitude towards Firebending is harsh and unrelenting because he hates his element and treats it like a handicap that will never go away, but he despises it. Maybe if he saw the Sun Warriors and dragons? Aang will need to face things head-on and look at the big picture instead of worrying about pleasing everyone. You cannot please all of the people all of the time. It will not work. Zuko's teaching approach was sort of necessary to Sozin's Comet deadline, but Aang might need to work on fundamentals. He needs to use it more (I think he only used it about three times in the duration of the final battle, if you count lightning redirection).
DonnadelLago chapter 2 . 6/1/2012
Please update... ō.ō (That's a sad panda BTW)
Huggles chapter 2 . 6/1/2012
I HATE SEXIST MEN!
Hanajimasaki chapter 2 . 5/31/2012
I LOVE the stalking series! I just read "stalking zuko" and "not stalking zuko" in about 3 days so PLEASE update soon! :)
somethingalittlemoreclever chapter 1 . 5/30/2012
In my mind, you can do no wrong. Every chapter of this is wonderful, and i've reread both stalking zuko and not stalking zuko 2-3 times. their really expertly written fiction.. to represent my feelings on how excited i am for the next chapter, i wrote this quote," adfffjjgghhshh"
Lilako chapter 2 . 5/27/2012
Please update soon. I'm at a loss for words... I just can't wait for the next chapter. :P
QuietShadowz chapter 2 . 5/27/2012
Man the water tribe men just make me angery sometimes! i would have probably reacted some what the same as katara did if they were treating me the same way :(((

its a good thin zuko was there to comfort her xD and that she got her dad to understand. hes definitly very suspicious of zuko and katara..very suspicious. uncle iroh and toph are just the best it hard to not love them.

i can understand jeong jeongs point but he is definitly wayyyy to harsh on aang and that agument with zuko definitly brought out older brother/dad zuko and then aang had to be comforted by older sister/mom katara. she really is good with dealing with aang...zuko and katara are like the parents of the gaang huh they are just one big family. katara is th mom, zuko is the dad sokka is the cool older brother/uncle toph is the pesky/devious/bad ass little sister and aang is the sweet slightly spoiled little borhter.

Gramazing job i cant wait to see what happens next xDDDDD

QuietShadow

p.s in your AN when you were talking about Zuko being older brother/dad figure to aang it gave birth to an plot bunny that will now not leave my mind xDDDDD
torchide chapter 1 . 5/27/2012
Oh, and I forgot to add: in regards to chapter 2, here I was, screaming loudly in my head for Katara to just waterbend the fuck out of the drunken chauvinistic pigs.

I was disappointed, but your way was more realistic.
torchide chapter 2 . 5/27/2012
Alright, I've just started and finished the first two parts of this fic, and it is so RIDICULOUSLY long but so RIDICULOUSLY good, delicious, juicy, hilarious, heart-wrenching, emotional, and canon-compliant. You have done an amazing job and I thoroughly enjoy each and every one of your author's notes. I admire how much thought goes into every little detail, how well everything connects, and look forward to your next update!

This chapter in particular was the first to draw real tears in my eyes. I admit to being a bit of a rock while reading - don't get me wrong, I do love emotional scenes, but it takes a LOT for me to actually cry (I do, however, laugh a lot) while reading a fanfiction. Hakoda's apology to Katara did it for me. This was beautiful and amazing and it broke my heart almost as much as the episode Zuko Alone broke my heart. You are a super talented writer, and I am now your loyal fan.
1,128 | « Prev Page 1 .. 61 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 .. Last Next »