Reviews for The Scarlett Letter's Host
fanofthisfiction chapter 5 . 11/6/2012
I hope others review or at least let you know they are reading this. It's wonderful you've taken the time to introduce new young readers to an old story that was quite scandalous in it's time. I admit, I used to be a shy chibi reader who didn't leave any reviews, but through fanfiction's wonderful authors have been encouraged to do so. My time is often limited but most all of the authors whose works I adore have always encouraged reviews, even if I didn't think I had much to add or say. I hope others will do so for this story. There are a lot of surprises in store indeed.
fanofthisfiction chapter 4 . 11/6/2012
Wow, you are getting out chapters even despite all the work the real world offers! This chapter was not self explanatory so I'm glad you spent adequate time filling in the details. I've enjoyed your work so far.
fanofthisfiction chapter 3 . 11/6/2012
The lead up to the tension was nicely executed in this chapter. I also think the notes at the bottom of the chapter were very useful for those who haven't read the book. In an age where abortion is more of a choice and society is a little more understanding of single parenthood, you have taken a very difficult topic and brought raw feeling of what things were like in a different time. Not that things these days aren't difficult, but your story definitely shows how society viewed things differently in Hester Prynne's time.
fanofthisfiction chapter 2 . 11/6/2012
Having Hester go through her hurried thoughts without even a notice of what Pearl's feelings may be poignantly displays her state of mind. I agree this book isn't as popular these days like Twilight or Harry Potter but the intensity of the feelings conveyed through writing never cease to entertain and draw readers in.
fanofthisfiction chapter 1 . 11/6/2012
Taking Hester Prynne and placing her inner thoughts in front view should be interesting. I had to take a peak at your work even though I haven't read The Scarlet letter in years. I like what you've done with the prose. It's display is even somewhat poetic with an artistic look. ;)
24HourHonor chapter 1 . 6/1/2012
I've never read The Scarlett Letter before, but now I think I need to. This little poem thingy was absolutely beautiful. You're a great writer.