Reviews for Answer
Nimloth9 chapter 1 . 12/20/2013
From a huge Turin fan, I loved this.
"Do not leave me with myself." AAgh, such sadness!
Duilin chapter 1 . 2/19/2012
And Turin does not receive an answer - only ever silence. The uncertainty in Turin's voice was simply too chilling, and the fact that he knew deep down in his heart that he was the one who killed Beleg, and the sword, screaming at him...
asdfjkl chapter 1 . 6/17/2009
brilliant. i always felt so utterly terribly and horribly bad for turin. though you're right. it was all his fault. except for killing Beleg. that's what always got to me.

sigh.

keep writing!
Yavie Feels Pretty chapter 1 . 4/17/2008
May I just say that I am incredibly impressed by this story? There is such a lack of fics concerning Turin and Beleg, and this one has certainly stolen my heart. Excellent, excellent work!
Mirefinwe chapter 1 . 6/20/2007
Utterly wonderful.
AleezaChocolat chapter 1 . 1/7/2005
This was great, and I almost cried reading it. I think that says it all. Well done!
calenore chapter 1 . 3/26/2004
I have to say that this is one of the most intensely emotional things I have read. You did an excellent job of getting into the character's head and a wonderful job of portraying his thoughts, just as they would seem in his head.
Lindiniel chapter 1 . 3/1/2004
Really well written. I love this. Well done.
Akedhi chapter 1 . 12/26/2003
Turin haters! Surely that is only an illusion of Morgoth Bauglir. I cannot believe such evil exists.
This is so good. And there was no slash! (sorry, slashers, but I hate the stuff)
I love the way Turin is refusing to believe that he could have killed Beleg. It's very true to Tolkien's original story and so moving.
And now that I have finished my very garbled review, let me just say, WOW. (SWE, you got it exactly right.)
RavenLady chapter 1 . 12/5/2003
This is a beautiful and eloquent piece. You have shown Turin at that fascinating border between sanity and madness. I am impressed.
Turin-haters? *blinks* Such people exist? I have favorite Silm characters, but they're too intriguing to hate, and there are too many messed up characters to decide who to hate. Most of my favorite characters are at least somewhat twisted.
LaerCuBeleg chapter 1 . 1/13/2003
I loved it- simply amazing. Very deep. Mormegil will only believe he killed Beleg if Beleg tells him, but he doesn't. Could this be because he's dead? I don't think he would tell Turin anyway. Great piece.
nimloth tindomerel not signed in chapter 1 . 9/21/2002
Beautiful. I love Beleg this is the 1st fic I've red where he's mentioned! :)
Shauna chapter 1 . 8/6/2002
"Turin-haters"? Such people exist? You can pity the guy, but you can't hate him, considering that killing his best friend is only maybe the third of fourth worst thing that ever happened to him.

Anyway, back to your story. I thought it was wonderful, capturing that sense of ill-fate despite that it was but a short moment in Turin's long, tortured history. The foreshadowing was subtle but chilling, exceedingly well done. And you kept it in a monologue, Turin speaking in a voice I could believe was his, while giving the perfect details to draw me in.

Excellent job! I hope you write more Turin stories, you seem to know him very well.
Forget Yesterday chapter 1 . 7/24/2002
aak! Sadness! Why would anyone hate Turin? I mean, he wasn't that bad of a guy. Most of it wasn't even his fault! He didn't KNOW she was his sister, for example...

I liked Turin, and I feel sorry for him. *Glares menacingly at Turin haters and points at lightsaber hanging off my belt*
Finrod Felagund chapter 1 . 7/15/2002
Aiieee...that was...tragic. I think I'm going to cry... Well written. Excellent. The only critcism I could make is that your grammar/spelling could use a little work. Other than that, it was a wonderful piece.