Reviews for Night Terrors
Gheloured chapter 1 . 8/18/2019
The ending when Mai says "yes" oh my god my heart
Guest chapter 1 . 3/16/2018
This is beautiful, from the first sentence to the last. Thank you so much for putting Zuko in this situation and writing it perfectly. I especially loved the scene with the Gaang; although it makes me wonder what they thought about the incident the next day, and how their interactions with Zuko changed because of it. And I'm really curious about what Katara was going to ask. Maybe you could write something on that...?

(Of course, it's up to you! I just really hope you write more on this.)

Thanks again!
Guest chapter 1 . 2/6/2018
This is incredible! So touching, so well-written, so in-character... but profound and powerful all the same. I really hope you decide to expand on this topic. Like, maybe the realization from Iroh's point of view, or the reactions of an older Gaang once they figure out. Or maybe even how Hakoda treats him, if he manages to put the pieces together while they're at the Western Air Temple. Or if you believe that Zuko did eventually find Ursa, how she would react to it.

...Sorry. I'm really fond of Zuko angst. And you do it very, very well.

Please, please, please consider writing an accompanying piece to this. I'm sure I'm not the only one would enjoy it! :)
ParadiseAvenger chapter 1 . 1/11/2018
I really adored Zuko's interactions with Mai. It was great to see her understanding of him, especially when they first are together. I was pleased that Zuko thought to ask if Ozai had hurt Azula-it was a nice touch in the context that this would add to your story. Kudos to you!
Guest chapter 1 . 10/14/2017
What a powerful, touching tale. Kudos for this; it's beautifully written and gives the reader a detailed idea of what goes on between Fire Lord Ozai and his son without getting graphic. On top of that, everyone is in-character; especially Zuko, whose reactions and reasonings to this abuse are so realistic that it could've been part of the show, had it been featured on an adult channel. Again, this is just amazing overall.

And as weird as this might sound, I'm actually glad you decided to write something as dark as this is. Most of the stories you see with abuse feature Azula, and often act as if Zuko gets off scott-free until he's banished, when in reality, it's probably the other way around. And the way you write is so believable, too...

In short, this is so well-written and you have such a good handle on these characters that I really hope you decide to expand on this topic-maybe some other one-shots from Zuko's point of view, or maybe modern AU's where Zuko still struggles with this issue in the twenty-first century.

It's up to you, of course. But just know that I and many others found this deeply profound and absolutely adore the quality, and can't wait for more :)
Nicola Flowers chapter 1 . 4/9/2017
Congratulations, you made me shake and cry and hyperventilate slightly. I have experienced this kind of abuse from my family, and this really touched me, I am so grateful for this story. Definitely my favorite fan fiction i have read so far.
empropathy chapter 1 . 3/31/2017
hmm typo errorsmy review lol ok ok. but really, good job!
empropathy chapter 1 . 3/31/2017
i can clearly picture myself in my early yearthat time when i saw zuko and how i subsequently thought i luv this man. well yes, i will always have a soft spot for him. and his scar. but mostly, i really want zuko to get rid of that scar, due the seemingly shallow reason of seeing him becoming more attractive and all. also i am aware ozai is awful. i condemn him for this. i mean zuko deserve so much love and it is true his character development is intense and shizz my heart my heart but anyway this story is nice. so far, this is the only avatar: the last airbender fanfic that i really did read. too bad though zuko is sexually abused, w the extreme touch of incest and wtfff ozai feelzz. but darn, the 'she aint a slut like u' something something is intense
nuyen236 chapter 1 . 2/19/2017
This story is really incredible
It is emotional, and the way it explains zuko's stituation and how it affected him is marvelous, simply amazing
Guest chapter 1 . 2/15/2017
Poor Zuko
berry5tz chapter 1 . 9/5/2016
This is well written. No, this is excellent writing. I really loved how it was paced. I loved how Zuko's reactions to being abused was so right on the money. I loved how it shows that his healing takes time. I loved it most of all because it was a very plausible possibility. I agree with what you said at the beginning whole heartly.

Excellent job. Thanks for writing.
morriganfreeman chapter 1 . 7/22/2016
This is very sad and intense, but beautifully written. Ozai treats his children terribly in canon, so I can imagine something like this happening if avatar was for older viewers.
121323456 chapter 1 . 6/8/2016
*bawls* That was so sad! (And yeah, GOT always ruins a non-twisted mind...)
st1ckynote chapter 1 . 4/23/2016
Really good writing.
SakuHina-X3 chapter 1 . 3/2/2016
This is so sad and heart wrenching! So bittersweet (as cheesy as that sound but it's true!)
Great job!