Reviews for Phoenix Rising
SeeMeInTheShadows chapter 2 . 4/7/2013
Retreading the first chapter I realized that I forgot how amazingly well-written this is and reading the second chapter I realize how truly I want to find out what happens. I think you leave just the right amount of questioning and uncertainty. Also I think it's awesome how you truly researched this- as someone who's only written an AU based off of a culture I truly understand (modern America), I can't imagine writing for a completely different time period and area. I can't comment on the accuracy as I have no idea myself but as for writing and characterization- Good Job!
SeeMeInTheShadows chapter 1 . 8/9/2012
Okay, that was a great opening few paragraphs. It really seemed to say: "this isn't your ordinary CL fic" because, let's face it, most CL fics aren't ever described that way. You keep the mystery and wondering going, but I like the way you threw vampires in at the middle of the story. It almost seems more natural that way, like, how it's just a simple fact they all know.

I think my favorite part was the names. Aelia and Caecilia. Those are great. I like how you portrayed Sissi too, a bit of a spoiled brat still, but she fit in well with the setting and her and Aelita are friends!
Kittyclaw chapter 1 . 7/14/2012
This is incredible! This world you've created is just mind blowing. The idea of working vampires in is usually one that's so tried and, honestly, done terribly, and yet you seem to have given this idea a breath of very fresh, creative air. I'm so excited to see where you go with this, and how Sissi and Aelia lead this story. And the idea of Xana in here-I'm super pumped for that enterence. I don't even know what else to say-words fail me in describing this amazing idea and the beautiful pictures you've painted so far. I really hope to see more of this soon!
KattyKat14 chapter 1 . 5/16/2012
Cool story! (Is Aelia misspeled or is it not Aeltia?) Sissy a vampire, that cool. Please continue. :)