Reviews for Cello Suite No 1
Puggle chapter 1 . 1/27/2014
Absolutely beautiful
librarywitch chapter 1 . 10/29/2013
Oh man I love those guys, they are awesome. I was watching them today showing them to a coworker and was thinking Sherlock could do this. Loved it.
hjohn302 chapter 1 . 5/22/2013
I love this... and I love the Piano Guys as well! They are coming relatively close to where I live when they are on tour in the fall, and I can't wait cause my hubby and I got tickets for it! :)

I really like that Sherlock found out accidentally that the violin soothed John. And I find it interesting here that he played to help himself think, etc, rather than playing for someone and that for the first time (for John) he played the violin "simply for the music"

I just like this simple sweet story, and how the thought of John's nightmares make it too hard for Sherlock to even complete his experiments, and that John apologized, even when Sherlock didn't even think he needed to.

Thank you for sharing this!
MeddlingAdler chapter 1 . 4/18/2013

Cool story by the way.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/6/2012
I just wanted to let you know that I love this story.
Lady Heliotrope chapter 1 . 7/22/2012

This was beautiful. John "life's great contradiction."

The suite is really a great one for post-nightmare, I suppose. It's warm and summery, like honey on toast and birds singing in the sunny pastures, with the Courante and whatnot. Good choice musically.

Yeah. Good story overall.
HOS70 chapter 1 . 5/31/2012
This was lovely, and I particularly liked, that Sherlock didn't embarrass John by rushing upstairs and making a fuss, but by quietly lending support. You did insert a drop of bitterness for me with John's knowledge of Sherlock "abandoning" him again once he's gone back to sleep.

P.S.: Just went and ordered a used copy of Bach's Cello Suites. Thanks for the tip...
raven612 chapter 1 . 5/20/2012
Awwwwwws that was so cute! I can see Sherlock playing for John like that. It's so sweet! I loved it!
addicted2fic chapter 1 . 5/19/2012
mustangwoman chapter 1 . 5/19/2012
Lovely, lovely, story.
ScopesMonkey chapter 1 . 5/17/2012
I think what I like best about this story is that Sherlock doesn't rush upstairs dramatically to save John from his nightmares but is very methodical about getting out of his violin and everything. Rather than forcibly inserting himself into the problem, he just kind of insinuates in and makes things better for John. And I love that John clearly didn't expect it, which made the ending so much sweeter. How beautiful to fall asleep to violin music instead of having nightmare-induced insomnia!
WitchRavenFox chapter 1 . 5/17/2012
Firstly I love Cello Suite No.1 so I am ecstatic to see someone use it in such a beautiful way, and secondly, it was all amazing. Really Amazing. ;)
mattsloved1 chapter 1 . 5/16/2012
Absolutely lovely piece. I adore Sherlock as he cares for John during this difficult time for the poor doctor. You did a beautiful job! Thanks! :-D

And, considering how tired I am, I'm not surprised I didn't notice the song until the ending note. I have been playing that album a lot lately! Also love that they have so much on their youtube channel.
Rairakku1234 chapter 1 . 5/16/2012
Beautiful. Wonderful job. I always love the a well done version of Sherlock playing JOhn's nightmares away.

I also like the Blastocystosis in the story. You obviously did a some reasearch on it.

'He didn't like it when John was upset. He tried to shake the discomfort away but the muscles along his spine would not relax.' I loved the image you created in my head with this line.

Great story,

ShillyTheEpicNinja chapter 1 . 5/16/2012

I needed that bit of fluff :')

Thankyou, love 3 xx