Reviews for Elen atarwa
Fortune Zyne chapter 4 . 6/21/2012
Wow, for trying to save the world EƤrendil and Elwing both got really nice 'rewards' for their efforts.
Glory Bee chapter 4 . 3/7/2012
Earendil's pov gave me chills, I could literally feel his emotions when he realized his sons were alive.
Acacia Jules chapter 2 . 4/7/2005
Wait, Elrond and Elros were TWINS, not to mention the fact they were taken in my those M brothers (I can't remember their names right now) after their mother jumped.

It was only LATER that the TWINS were taken in by Gil-galad.
KissTheRainGirl12489 chapter 4 . 10/7/2004
I love young Gilgalad stories and little Elrond stories!Favorites list?Of course -D
Lirenel chapter 4 . 4/17/2004
For the first time I actually feel sorry for Earendil. I never liked him or Elwing much, I never understood how a rock was more important to them (at least to Elwing) then their sons. Earendil at least had the excuse of trying to save all of Middle Earth from Morgoth. Great there be more?
Nethien chapter 4 . 10/29/2003
Loving it, you are an awesome writer! love your style! update soon!

Mellon
The March Hare chapter 4 . 6/17/2003
This is in fact quite touching and I always appreciate good Earendil moments since he gets so few.

I see just one problem with your description of Earendil. I understand you just had gotten and read the Silmarillion at the time, but in The Book of Lost Tales, it decribes Earendil as bright haired and keen eyed like his blonde mother and father before him.

Other than this, I'd say its by far one of the best Earendil POV's I've heard in a long while.

Congrats!
Dragon Confused chapter 4 . 5/7/2003
Wow! I liked this too. I'd actually read this one before as well. But not reviewed... oops.

I love little Elros' pov and I especially liked this bit:

"a crown, slightly too large for the one that bore it. Grey eyes filled with the exuberance and curiosity of youth, yet tempered with sadness and caution. A regal bearing in contrast to his slight frame"

Elf of Sirannon chapter 4 . 4/15/2003
That was incredibly sad! Poor Earendil. How sad.
Elf of Sirannon chapter 3 . 4/14/2003
This was a great chapter; very very cute.
Elf of Sirannon chapter 2 . 4/14/2003
This is so sad. Gil-galad is a beautiful person. And Elros; how cute. And Elrond; how IN character. :-) I'm sure he was really like that as a child. You can certainly see how all of experiences contributed to make him the serious person he is during the War of the Ring.
Elf of Sirannon chapter 1 . 4/14/2003
Poor Elrond; I think his early years are so sad.
Lutris chapter 4 . 1/3/2003
excellent! I loved how you switched to the same scene from the different characters point of view.
Jo March95 chapter 4 . 11/7/2002
Hi! This is a very good story. But that isn't the real reason I'm here. I think you know why.

I know the story of Beren and Luthien, it is very good. But I have not been able to complete the book because my Mom lost it! That is sooo sad. I'm very sorry if you don't like the way I wrote my story, but it seemed good at the time. I also admitted that I didn't know how he died. Thank you for telling me though. But I don't think I will go and change it, unless you have a suggestion of who else could possibly her fahter. If you do please let me know. I enjoy reading reviews like yours.

Again let me tell you how awesome your story is. I have read it several times, and very time I do I end up bawling my eyes out. I wish I could make people do that too. Please, tell me you secret! Okay, I'll leave you in peace now. I just wanted to clear that up.

Jo March- Namarie
Arabella Thorne chapter 4 . 10/26/2002
So I wipe the dazzle from my eyes...this is a beautifully written set of vignettes...but she says cringing...I guess I am going to be the lone voice here...can we not move the story...foreward?

I have to admit, by chapter four, I really didn't want to read yet another view of the same few minutes of conversation from yet another characters POV...

Of course this is a very important moment...affecting many major players in Tolkiens world...but without hope of progressing forward...I began to lose interest...and was also very amazed to find out (if this period in Tolkiens history is so appealing) that you hadnt bothered to read what he HAD written about it (except between chapters 3 and 4)?

It does not affect the story..as I said, you have a great way with words..it is very descriptive and constructing it as you have takes careful thought and I am (as you know from reading my essay) inordinately fond of Elrond..this is what attracted me to the story

And its not because for heavens sake the story doesnt center on elrond...its simply not moving forward...

I hope you dont take these comments too much to heart: obviously I am a lone stranger here amongst your reviewers..but I just wanted to be honest too

maybe I just need so more coffee!