Reviews for Role Reversals
PeekabooFang chapter 22 . 10/22/2013
The Portal: thank you so much, I'm honored that you want to continue the story! All I ask is for credit and links to chapters as you post them. :) I'd love to be your beta, but I wouldn't want to commit to it since I'm not sure how free my schedule is. I'm always here for input or questions as you write, though! Happy trails!
the portal chapter 22 . 10/22/2013
That was like cool and a little weird. And I wouldn't mind contineing this if you don't mind. Just tell me. (I'm a writer too!) Listen, that was like good! Could you be my beta? I problay need the help.
sanpan chapter 22 . 9/6/2013
Bravo! The ending wasn't disappointing at all- it certainly wasn't what I was expecting and I loved how it veered from the usual DS routes.

I was a bit worried for Josette, my favorite character in your story's universe, when Barnabas was making his way down there. The gothic romance ending was a pleasant surprise- I didn't think it was possible for all of them to have a happy ending at this point, but you proved me wrong. And Carolyn/Willie shipping- Yes!

You surprised me again with Nicholas summoning Angelique- for a second, it looked like the story was about to take another epic turn. And replacing Angelique, the warlock loses. The ending was very nicely done and smooth in its "happiness"- I can see a lot of possibilities after this, but you're right: it's finishing on a beautiful open-ended note.
Thanks for the amazing story!
AshleyN09 chapter 22 . 8/27/2013
Thanks for taking the time to write. LOVED this and loved how it ended. I hope we see more from you.
ecinspired chapter 22 . 8/27/2013
I love a happy ending! I would love to read another story by you, whether it's a sequel to this one or something else.
Evelyn Knight chapter 22 . 8/26/2013
*Sigh* I'm sorry to see it end. It was such a good story!

Just one thing.
'Meanwhile, his sister took Willie's hand' I think you meant cousin. But other then this was great last chapter.
Evelyn Knight chapter 21 . 8/26/2013
Wonderful! I was starting to miss 1967 and what was happening there. And now Barnabas is a vampier too!
Evelyn Knight chapter 20 . 6/15/2013
So that's how Josette ended up being changed in her coffin, a very good heat breaking chapter!
ecinspired chapter 20 . 6/15/2013
I definitely took note of Josette saying she didn't have to be a slave to the dictates of being a vampire. So how does that jibe with your final line, "and the long internment killed Josette's desire to fight for good"? I'm curious to find out!
sanpan chapter 20 . 6/15/2013
YES! A new update. I like the perspective Josette takes on Nicholas- that he's taking revenge on her for being a woman, that it's her very sex that he's blaming everything on. It's an interesting take for this story. Everything else runs parallel to Barnabas's vampire burial, but you put all the right changes in it to still make it as different as can be.

The emotions were handled just right- burying your undead child is hard period, lol, but in that period, there's a great difference between what a son and daughter stand for. Josette had every right to be her father's "darling"- I think it'd actually be harder for Andre to do this to Josette than it would be for Joshua to do so for Barnabas.

Only a few chapters away? Yikes! I'll be waiting for an exploding climax.
Evelyn Knight chapter 19 . 5/15/2013
What can I say, but another wonderful chapter!
AshleyN09 chapter 19 . 5/15/2013
Knew it was going to happen but couldn't stop hoping it wouldn't lol. Another great chapter. I didn't know about the plot between Abigail and the mariner, I guess I missed that I just remember something with Naomi and a mariner. Congrats on the Collinsport Historical Society interview!
sanpan chapter 19 . 5/15/2013
OK. I know it's been 19 chapters already and I never reviewed. Because I can't seem to make my reviews properly show how I feel, but I'm improving. Anyway, I've been a fan of this fic since I first started reading it.

It's amazing! Simply amazing. Honestly, one of the best I've read. And I don't even like Josette. Your characterizations are spot-on and everything works in context. I love your Josette- she's somehow completely different from canon and still the same. And she makes the best vampire. Even British!human!Barnabas is a great character in his own right. Stefan makes for a great genbend Sarah and OC.

And switching Angelique with Nicholas, Julia with Eliot, etc. Everything keeps getting better and better (Willie/Carolyn being among them).

I'm sorry- I keep using the word "great." But it IS! I hope this review makes up for the 18 other comments I should have made, but never did. Great prose, plot, and characterization- I can't say anymore without turning this into shameless fanning.
And as for now, who cares if Naomi is acting like a deux-ex-machina? It's eclipsed by the overall awesomeness of this story,
EscRtist chapter 1 . 5/11/2013
Great story, can't wait for more!
mtinpa2005 chapter 11 . 5/9/2013
Stokes closed the basement door behind him as he entered Collinwood's drawing room,

I believe you mean the old house's drawing room Collinwood is the main house isn't it?
50 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »