Reviews for Whatever We Lose
CileSuns92 chapter 22 . 5/10
Man, this whole story was intense! So many twists and turns! I was holding my breath through it all, and it was a pain to stop any time real life called me away from it. Thank you for this amazing journey and for sharing this with us. Thank you.
beastfan chapter 22 . 1/8
Not sure how I missed this the first time around. Good story.
AngelLonginus chapter 22 . 12/17/2018
Fantastic story! Thanks!
CKL chapter 22 . 4/8/2018
Fantastic story. It got so exciting that Ihad to stop for a bit and calm down with a game of solitaire! Thank you.
gilmoradict chapter 22 . 9/18/2017
Thoroughly enjoyed this. I know I've read it before, but am guessing I failed to review. It's been cathartic to reread great fan fix writer's such as you in the absence of new Castle episodes, and also to make up for the final season we got, which a number you non paid Castle writers could have managed so much more satisfactorily. Anyway, THANK YOU!
Guest chapter 16 . 1/31/2017
The only flaw in this story is the fact that somehow this assassin keeps magically finding Castle and Beckett even though their using burners and paying for everything with cash.
Bearmauls chapter 22 . 1/14/2017
That was really intense. No other way to describe it.
philliesfan1000 chapter 22 . 1/1/2017
Another compelling fiction from you. This one was heartbreaking and raw - downright hard to read in places. Heartbreaking that Castle had to separate indefinitely from his family, although there was no fuller measure of his love for Beckett than that he left Alexis behind for her. Poignant that she tried to persuade him to stay, then to go home, because she did not want a life on the run for him and because she understood and honored the bond between father and daughter. Devastating when she left him - - I was glad when he explained to her that he would be as devastated by her death as she would be by his, and that even being separated from her was painful, particularly given the terror of her situation. She needed to know that her good intentions had heartbreaking consequences - and there is no question that she would not have survived without him, unless sleeping in the woods and traveling alone somehow made it harder for Maddox to find her...But even then, her sacrifice might well have been for naught, as Castle was the one believed to know the location of the file. (God, how awful would that have been? She leaves him to protect him and he is killed anyway.) And the torture was godawful.

This fiction is one I am glad did not occur in canon, because their relationship is robbed of joy. They don't even get a night of joy before they must effectively choose commitment along the lines of marriage (for better or worse, with worse coming immediately) or breakup. And the intensity of spending every waking moment together is not just an intensity of passion, but more so of fear and anxiety. Their lovemaking was passionate but was desperate rather than joyful. Even at the end, they are imprinted by the trauma and have not moved past it enough to be lighthearted. I think the story allows for them to heal and to have fun again, but they can't get back those early days of feeling high on new love that they should have had.

The other hard thing is that it would feel odd, as Castle reflects, to go from living together for several weeks to living in separate apartments. It feels rather like moving backwards, even though it would be normal, as Beckett maintains, to keep their own homes while the relationship is new. And I wonder how his nerves will fare without the assurance of her safety that sleeping beside him allows (and the same for Beckett with regard to Castle, although she seems a bit less worried about his safety, if not his emotional well-being, and more determined to regain the confidence of her independence - not to be single again, but to feel like she can handle living on her own as she always has). I'm sure they will spend nearly every night together, as they seemed to do in canon, given that they had a well-established foundation of friendship which enabled their relationship to be immediately serious...and I suspect that this fanfic version of Castle and Beckett will not live apart for too long. Castle thinks about how he misses their fake marriage and would like to make it real, so I imagine he will wear down any resistance to co-habitating before too long.

Very angst-filled, but clearly you got me thinking as well as feeling. Thanks!
Anon chapter 22 . 11/28/2016
I'VE READ THIS OFTEN AND I GET TOTALLY INVESTED … AS IF IT'S THE FIRST TIME ‼️
Guest chapter 22 . 11/22/2016
Ahhh, this was so good! You are a very talented writer and marvelous storyteller.
lauhall chapter 22 . 11/7/2016
That was really good, loved it. You did an amazing job, Congrats.
Guest chapter 22 . 6/23/2016
Awesome!
Guest chapter 22 . 3/30/2016
I love this story so much. It has everything season 8 is lacking. But on steroids! :D
MulderItsMe chapter 11 . 3/23/2016
This chapter seriously made me cry. I am so in love with this story my heart is pounding. You're an amazing writer.
unannalome7 chapter 22 . 3/5/2016
wow you have work really hard on this fic it really is magnificient, congratulations. and thankyou :)
1,151 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »