Reviews for Whatever We Lose
I don't know how I've never read this. Just finished it in a day. It read like a movie..very suspenseful and heartfelt. Loved it. I'm one of those people who like happy endings and things being fully resolved so I could've done with a longer or extra epilogue, but I fully respect and understand your choice. Ahh I just wish there was more! Thanks.
IOwnABoat chapter 22 . 9/25
It took me a little while to finish this story. Not because i didn't like it, but because the story was so claustrophobic and unsettling in its delivery. Which I know was probably the intention and it worked - you're never given a chance to fully relax even as you see the love they have for each other and how they care so much about each others' welfare. Even when Kate leaves, you know it's because she thinks she's doing the best she can for him. Of course, the torture scene is quite gut-wrenching and it just WORKS in the context of the story and what we know about Maddox. Even the ending is melancholy...

But as I said, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Quite an interesting what-if scenario that I couldn't have predicted would turn out the way it did.
That was a hell of a ride! Great story; I loved the way you kept the tension up at all times.
IOwnABoat chapter 11 . 9/16
"Go home. I love you"

Dear god. I knew this was gonna happen in this story, because it's so Beckett. But even though I knew it, your setup and the language you use, so simple and yet so devastating. I can imagine Castle's panic and pain right now.
IOwnABoat chapter 5 . 9/15
I am utterly loving this interpretation of the events post-Always. So gritty and amazingly written!
The story WAS great until the last chapter and then it just fell flat
I find it almost to unrealistic to believe that Maddox could somehow track them down when they've been constantly on the move and havn't left a paper trail for him to follow.
Your version of Beckett seems to be somewhat of a moron
Beckett always trying to play the martyr role is her least attractive trait, and what does she just think that their going to leave Castle alone because she skipped out on him.
Thinking about giving this story up. To much boring in between the action parts.
Chelypdj chapter 22 . 5/25
Awesome story!
hackfromnowheresville chapter 22 . 4/23
It's been three years since I last read this story and re-reading it in one sitting just now, I am still amazed and in awe of how gut-wrenching and beautiful your writing is. Thank you.
God, I dont know, how often I read this one... Thank you so much.
TankOfO2 chapter 22 . 2/19
On a sidenote - someone will be very lucky to find that bag full of money on the side of the road :D if I understood that part correctly.

I thought I had read the story before, but... it has a different ending to it than I thought I remembered. But no complaints. None. I'm loving, loving their story here, happy I found it.

The ingenious paradox of lovers kept apart by their own love for each other - you weaved it in beautifully.

Again, many thanks and may inspiration strike you again ;)
TankOfO2 chapter 21 . 2/19
and then a last chapter. The last. Sad. Relieved. Happy. Sad.
1,134 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »