Reviews for Not Her Mother's Daughter
Amilyn chapter 4 . 6/8/2012
This is excellent. I'm enjoying this in particular because it's a series of vignettes so that I'm not DYING for the next part. Each one, complete within itself. Thank you.
petuniatc chapter 4 . 6/8/2012
Here's a thought - do Booth and Bones have duress words, secret signals, etc.? Just an idea since they have both been kidnapped before.

Yes, taking Christine from Booth would be very hard for Bones. It took them a long time to get to where they were plus Bones knew how it hurt Booth when Rebecca kept Parker from her.

But on the subject of Rebecca - I think that Rebecca would be one of the people (after Angela and Hodgins and Russ and his wife and possibly Jared and Padma)that Bones would take Christine to if she and Booth were in danger. I think given their jobs they would have fallback plans for if anything happened to them.

Good one.
threesquares chapter 4 . 6/8/2012
One thing you have captured here is the power and force of their togetherness. Most stories set after the finale do not have them physically together ...for obvious reasons of course! This chapter surprised me into stinging eyes just by the sheer fact of what it would mean for them to be so close together, physically. I don't know how you managed to resist Imagination Brennan. She must have tried everything to get you to let her actually hug Booth. :-) this story was really moving for me. Thanks. Michele
eyrianone chapter 4 . 6/7/2012
If this exact thing happened on the show it would completely rock - as do you.
FaithinBones chapter 4 . 6/7/2012
Brennan was very clever and very sweet. She allowed Booth to see their daughter and yet kept him from doing something crazy.

Very nice.
JMHaughey chapter 4 . 6/7/2012
I know in the back of my mind there is disclaimer: Read this with fucking tissues. For some reason, I was thinking "Ohh, this chapter I won't need them." Yeah, right.

This story is genius. I love it.
notjustpartners chapter 4 . 6/7/2012
Shouldn't have read this chapter while sitting in class, it made me cry. But take that as a compliment because very few stories have made me cry. Great chapter!
geraghtyvl chapter 4 . 6/7/2012
I just loved this. So much Brennan-hate out there so I likeg to hear in her voice the reason behind fleeing.
Amilyn chapter 3 . 6/4/2012
Excellent. Finding herself again. I like this...and the litany of names and identities...very well done, especially as a way to show her loneliness.
Amilyn chapter 2 . 6/4/2012
Wow. The emotional punch of *Angela* of all people telling Booth to delete that...and the beauty of Brennan not wanting Booth to miss the first time his daughter laughed...this is gorgeous.
Amilyn chapter 1 . 6/4/2012
This entire thing is excellent, and Brennan's determination that she IS NOT the same, that the situations are NOT the same, that SHE is not failing HER daughter...excellent. My favorite line is, "And he's not harboring a fugitive, nor did he become an accomplice to helping one escape. He wasn't forced to arrest her because he knew of her plan. Or worse yet, unwilling to do his job because the stakes were her and him and their life" and what it says about how she's protecting both Booth and Cristine, but especially that line leading into how, if they were married, she couldn't have taken this path to, as you have her realize, fight for her daughter; she chose flight TO fight, not just flight without a plan to protect. Excellent.
thorteso chapter 3 . 6/4/2012
I loved the idea of identity in this chapter. The first half about being a mother was great and then who she was at the end with just a little reminder was beautiful. Thanks for sharing!
jmbatt chapter 3 . 6/4/2012
Bones... yes, she'll always be Bones. Glad she could see/realize that.
SchwuppDiDupsi chapter 3 . 6/4/2012
wow, great chapter. it was soo good. you could feel bones sadness and emotiones. soo great. hope you update soon!
RositaLG chapter 3 . 6/3/2012
I LOVE that. LOVE LOVE LOVE it. What a great idea. Plus, high five on the Karen thing. :)
100 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »