Reviews for Like Father Like
konochan-kaioh chapter 1 . 4/16
owwwwwwwwww this story is incredibly nice, seriously, you have no idea how much i liked, i cried until you get, that secchan so more loyal aaaaaaa thank you for writing! snif snif snif snif snif snif snif snif snif
Yo chapter 1 . 5/21/2012
Beautiful character piece. I love how Eishun has trouble expressing his emotions yet clearly loves both Konoka & Setsuna. It's also heart-wrenching at times to read how Setsuna sometimes acts... Not a kind life she has had at all... Tsuruko was very interesting - not much else to say there. The Hina blade scene was definitely a strong scene too.

Love all the 'when they were younger' (since they are already rather young). Setsuna, Tsukuyomi, Konoka, & now Eishun. Well, I guess it not precise, but all this delving into minds is powerful stuff. Can't wait for whatever you think up next!
For Spite chapter 1 . 5/20/2012
Well, this is a good character piece. I liked your explanation for why this early closeness is lacking in their later interactions.

That said, if I have any criticisms, it's that the title, combined with spending way too much time reading fanfiction that focuses on pairings, made my brain slide into squicky places during the last scene. It didn't help that Eishun is noticing Setsuna may be romantically involved with Konoka immediately before Setsuna compares her relationship with Konoka to hers with Eishun.

I don't know that there's an easy fix to that or if it's worth the effort, but it did slightly lessen the ability of me to be touched by it, even though my brain immediately rejected the thought.
Sandanio chapter 1 . 5/19/2012
I... This is adorable. And angsty at the same time. You've given me a new take on their relationship. Especially from Eishun's point of view. I've always thought he thought of her like a daughter of some sort, but this was amazing. New headcanon :3
Affrettando chapter 1 . 5/18/2012
T-this point of view, those character interactions. I can't get over how happy this story makes me feel. I love the unconventional point of view and the little observations you made in the manga and how you put those to use in the story (eg. The cursed sword scene). I thoroughly enjoyed this quaint little one-shot. Great work!
just a quiet lurker chapter 1 . 5/18/2012
Truly brilliant. Your fics never fail to impress me. You have shown once again that you are a standard setter in the large wasteland of negima fanfiction.
GrandHaberdasher chapter 1 . 5/17/2012
The term "d'awwww" seems insufficient, but it's the only thing I can think right now. Well done.
The Ansem Man chapter 1 . 5/17/2012
I think I'm gonna have a moebeetus attack.

In all seriousness, such a sweet tale. I really feel for tiny Setsuna, and how Eishun watches as she grows up, and how that serious, serious little girl grows up to be a powerful protector. I miss the stories like this.