Reviews for Where Soul Meets Body
This fic fucked me up. I didn't even know the slightest thing about The Hunger Games when I stumbled upon this - I can't even remember how. Know this: you are an amazing writer. And, evidently, a miracle worker, because I've been dead inside for years and this fic of yours made me Feel again. Well done, bravo, and thank you thank you thank you so much for sharing such a rich piece of writing with us.
Lex chapter 44 . 12/26/2016
I LOVED THIS. I cried so much
Hannah chapter 44 . 8/16/2016
I cried SO MUCH. but I still LOVED LOVED LOVED this fic
Luke Castellan chapter 5 . 8/8/2016
Awesome! I luv it. I hope you show their son too. I just love this pairing. I hate that Finnick had to die. They would have been so happy.
Guest chapter 44 . 6/29/2016
This is so happy but so sad at the same time! Rip Finnick :( I think I might even cry myself to sleep tonight. And I think my favorite part of this entire fanfic has to be when Johanna called Annie's baby a fish- baby it was so funny!
Cakegirl21 chapter 39 . 6/28/2016
this story is just so amazing! but i'm not happy about what's coming in one of the next chapters!
Cakegirl21 chapter 37 . 6/26/2016
I cant't stop smiling after reading this chapter! #Odestawedding
A chapter 1 . 6/18/2016
The first chp is amazing! Can't wait to read further
CrowningAster chapter 10 . 6/17/2016
Oh, this is so scary. You write Annie's condition so well, especially the parts about her jumping between worlds in order to find solace. I imagine it must be what real insanity is like as well. The last bit with Snow was terrifying, and I can only imagine what he meant with that threat.
My only critique here is just that I've noticed more of the super formal way of talking ("Annie, I will never treat you the way they are treating you") and it makes it come off scripted, and loses some of the "realness" for me.
CrowningAster chapter 9 . 6/17/2016
So Chiron's intentions were good all along, but they were also simultaneously dark-he truly did want to die in the arena; he had no desire to go home. The way you wrote this was perfect-it could have gotten overdramatic and eyeroll-worthy very easily, but it all felt so real. So painfully real. Everything from watching the fight scene through Annie's eyes, to feeling her reaction, how she finally fought back as more of a knee-jerk reaction than a decision, really, to seeing Osmium's cruelty, even just the little details, like letting the ants walk all over her...I can't describe it well, unfortunately, but there's just something about your writing that pierces me through and through. I can also definitely see what you're getting at with showing us the beginning of Annie's mind unraveling.
CrowningAster chapter 8 . 6/17/2016
woah, this was so amazing. My eyes remained glued to the screen the whole time, eating up every word.
The storyline with Twine and Kaya was absolutely crazy (in a good way!) and so refined, so well written. I feel like it's something we could have seen in the original hunger games novel; the idea of a tribute becoming hostage to an alliance and a sick SOB on that alliance ordering her around...I don't know how to describe it, but something about it was just so refined and professional. This is so good.
I'm curious to see if Chiron's intentions are pure or not.
I've favorited this story!
CrowningAster chapter 7 . 6/17/2016
OMG this was so good.
Your choice for an arena is especially interesting and exciting for me, because I hiked an area that sounds exactly like it a few years ago-High Point state park in new jersey. At the center is an ENORMOUS hill with a tower at the top (its the actual highest point in the state) and surrounding it is rolling hills and thin forest, and then, a huge lake with mountains in the distance. As soon as I read your description, it was so easy to imagine. Awesome!
Very creative on the blood draining lake as well.
CrowningAster chapter 6 . 6/17/2016
Really interesting strategy from Chiron; I can't wait to see how he works that into the arena.
You've definitely got me on the edge of my seat, I can't wait to see how the Games begin!
CrowningAster chapter 5 . 6/16/2016
This may be my favorite chapter yet!
I really enjoyed what Annie did for her scoring. If you made her totally and completely helpless, that would have been annoying. If you made her into some kind of female assassin badass, that would have been annoying too. This works so well.
Can I also say just how much I loved he conversation about the pregnancy and mothering culture? It was such an effective way to paint a picture. Your further thoughts of Annie's, about how the people of the Capitol have cheapened the most basic yet the most powerful of human processes because it would have required sacrifice on their part, really resonated! So well thought out.
I have no critiques here!
CrowningAster chapter 4 . 6/16/2016
I like the problem Annie's run into with the Careers. It's so interesting,much moreso than if everything went smoothly. I also find it all very easy to believe in the Hunger Games universe.
I like Annora as a small supporting character as well. I personally have this thing where I adore a really good supporting cast (in my own story, I have a supporting character named Dakota that I swear I'm sometimes more fond of than even my main ones) and I could picture her so clearly. Reminds me of Effie, but still has some originality.
Knife throwing is so much harder than it looks! I feel for Annie there for sure.
Nice chapter.