Reviews for Where Soul Meets Body
Cali-bound chapter 44 . 2/7
So I have two absolutely favorite stories here on FanFiction, and this here is one of them. I have never cried whilst reading a book or watching a movie, but this story gets me every time. I don't know if you write anymore, or really if you'll ever see this, but I feel that after all this time that I have spent reading and rereading this, it deserves at least one public response from me. I think the first time I read this story was back in 2013, maybe even 2012. I was in a total Hunger Games obsession period and my one and only focus was, and will always be, Finnick and Annie. And so I took to the Interwebs and stumbled across this somehow. I can't tell you how happy I am that I did. This story is so true to the books and heart-wrenchingly amazing that I can't help but reread it every time another one of my Hunger Games periods comes around. When I am reading, I can feel myself making the same faces that Finn and Annie are making in the story - I honestly just sit there and make weird, out-of place faces in public while I try to create this world in my mind, and feel how they feel. I'm here again today, 3 years after I read this for the first time, because I just watched Mockingjay: Part 2 last night, and Finnick's death rocked me completely. I couldn't stop myself from coming anywhere but here. I can't bring myself to find any other Odesta story even remotely as good or realistic. With many other stories, I can see the author getting bored with their words, the ending being rushed through and totally destroying anything that was said beforehand. Or maybe the entire thing just seems uncomfortable. Or maybe they will leave out some of the small, but perfect scenes from the book. But this, this is wonderful through and through. I remember when this first made me cry. My brother's room was occupied so he slept in my room for the night, and so I hid under my covers and read and read. And when I got to the part where Finn is writing the book for Annie... Oh I lost it. I was sobbing so hard, but I was so embarrassed that maybe my brother would hear. From then on, I could be sure that this story is something really special. And I don't say that to sound pretentious or like a dweeb, but I think it's important for people to know how truly wonderful this story is. Well, I'm not done reading it again - I skipped to the last chapter to write this review because I feel like this is where it belongs - so I suppose I should get back to it. It's currently 2 AM, but I can't seem to put this down. I hope I have said everything that I have wanted to say for so long. Thank you.
Katniss chapter 37 . 12/30/2015
You must be an author! Amazingly written
thebluefeather chapter 44 . 12/29/2015
This is one of the most beautiful stories I have ever read. Annie's voice was so powerful and memorable, her character wonderful and flawed in all the best ways. I've never seen another writer so perfectly capture Finnick, and as if his story wasn't heartbreaking enough already, the beauty you brought to it with this made it all the more bittersweet. I don't think I've ever cried reading anything so much as I cried reading the last two chapters of this. The ending was perfect, giving just enough so that it felt Properly Finished, but still leaving enough open for Annie, Manny, and Johanna's stories that I finished this with a feeling of hope. Beautiful work.
Guest chapter 44 . 12/26/2015
Wow-thank you thank you thank you for writing this. I cried, in chapter 43, actual tears.
You should be very proud.
Maddy4781 chapter 25 . 12/22/2015
I'm gonna die. It's too much!:'(
Maddy4781 chapter 23 . 12/22/2015
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!:( this is so sad. I mean I obviously saw it coming, but I was hoping... Like and idiot. Lol. How is she going to handle this? And then Finnick dies later, and... At least they'll be able to get married for real, and she'll get a son, but Finnick won't live to meet him...:'(
Maddy4781 chapter 22 . 12/22/2015
So cute! I love it!
Maddy4781 chapter 18 . 12/22/2015
I love that she can be normal with him, she can tease and kid with him. I love this
Maddy4781 chapter 16 . 12/21/2015
Awwwwwww... Sorry, still no words
Maddy4781 chapter 15 . 12/21/2015
IM DYING! ITS SO BEAUTIFUL! I wish I had the words, but I don't!
Maddy4781 chapter 13 . 12/21/2015
I don't think I have words. I can't possibly say it enough times, but I am going to try. You are one of the best writers ever. I love the way Annie doesn't punctuate her thoughts sometimes. I don't know why, but I love it.
Maddy4781 chapter 12 . 12/21/2015
I have literally never ever cried while reading a fanfiction. This is the only exception. I can't even formulate the words to tell you how absolutely amazing your writing is.
Maddy4781 chapter 11 . 12/21/2015
I cried. This is amazing. I don't have words.
Maddy4781 chapter 9 . 12/21/2015
That was beautifully and amazingly horrible. It was flawlessly written, and illiterated what she was going through perfectly. It was horrible, what happened, how it happened, the whole, ugly thing. It was perfect in a sick, messed up way. Don't take that as and insult, because I'm pretty sure it wasn't.
Maddy4781 chapter 8 . 12/21/2015
This is absolutely, hands down, THE BEST fanfic I have ever read! It is absolutely amazing. I don't want to finish it, because I don't know what I would do! And also I don't want Finnick to die... :( I just wanted to let you know that you have an amazing talent! The way you portray Annie, her madness, her relationship with Finnick, the way she feels about the Games, it is all so perfect, so fitting and perfectly corresponds to the Annie we know so little about in the books. It truly feels like Suzanne Collins is writing it. It fits so perfectly to the amazing trilogy that already exists, I have a hard time believing it is not a part of it! Thank you for writing this!