Reviews for North Star
Annber03 chapter 1 . 1/13

I've read this a few times and kept meaning to comment on it, but never got a chance to. Fixing that now. This is so sweet. Bittersweet, actually. I can only imagine how much it must hurt, on some level, for them to admit to each other that yes, this could be them in another life, to have confirmation of what they've missed out on.

I like the line about the only things forcing them apart at the moment are his morals and her wedding ring-indeed, it could be so easy for them to throw caution to the wind, and given the circumstances I wouldn't blame them for giving in to temptation (come on, Reid singing in your ear, how could you resist that?). Yet while I'd obviously love for them to be happy together, the fact that they respect each other that much, that they want to hold on to the good thing they DO have, is what makes their friendship so special, and what makes them so likeable. Still, though, hearing those admissions is enough to get one a little choked up. The fact that Reid has to deal with this change as well as his observation of something bothering Emily...I feel so bad for him, and want to make everything right for him.

But of course, the fact that they have a friendship to treasure to begin with is certainly a good thing worth celebrating and appreciating. I'm glad they were able to say "I love you" to each other-it may not be in the way they long to say it, but the meaning and emotion and sincerity is still there. And I'm glad JJ is happy, and that Reid's happy because she is. And I love their reassurances that they'll always be there for each other, too. The whole thing with the North Star was so cute, with JJ knowing about it (loved her response to Reid when he showed surprise at her knowing about it :D. Proof of the positive effects of being friends with him, right there), and with them calling each other their North Star. JJ looking up at the star at the end was sweet, too. Aw.

And the dancing! Sigh. That was absolutely lovely. I've always wished we had a scene of them dancing together at the end of "Run", always thought it was a shame we didn't see that. So I LOVE that you let that happen here. And Reid singing to her, and singing that particular song as well...way to melt my heart. Again, I say, how could you resist? Absolutely lovely moment. It'd be so wonderful to see them together romantically, but their friendship is so special and so sweet, and you captured it perfectly here with this piece. Excellent, touching story.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/13/2013
Wow, this is incredible. I feel warm and fuzzy but also an underlying lament. So perfectly written. Very poignant.
Whatif-ifonly chapter 1 . 5/18/2012
This was absolutely beautiful. You made me cry. This was just perfect and captured what could have easily been a deleted scene for the show just perfectly. Bravo my friend, bravo.
sugarhigh9394 chapter 1 . 5/18/2012
*sniffles* This was beautiful. I could barely make myself watch the wedding on Wednesday... JJ and Reid forever!

Great job!

JJCM chapter 1 . 5/18/2012
this was perfect! great job
RavenMD chapter 1 . 5/18/2012
Oh my gosh...what a beautiful story to a sad ending for our ship. This was wonderful and completely believable.
aMUSEment345 chapter 1 . 5/18/2012
Well written. I felt like I was there. Beautiful sentiment as well.
LondonMarie chapter 1 . 5/18/2012
I hated the ending of the episode. I was mad that Will didn't die. I was so disappointed by that. Although I was glad to see JJ kick ass. I think though that JJ and Spence will find their way back to each other. Did you hear that there's gonna be a season 8! Spence needs somebody now. How did you like the Doctor Who costumes?