Reviews for laughing and playing in flowers
Oriondruid chapter 1 . 11/7/2012
That was the most beautiful take on that scene I've ever read and it is the most poignant scene of the the whole trilogy, so that should tell you how highly I rate this story. An incredible job, full of both sadness and beauty, thank you.
Many Blessings.
Oriondruid, (John).
MaxRide05 chapter 1 . 7/25/2012
Interesting...

What tense is this in, I got confused?

There weren't any spelling mistakes, which is good. I did spot a few typos tho like this part: 'a hole forces it's way through Katniss's heart' should be 'its'.

And here: 'She spent time making a wreath of flowers in Rues hair'.

I think the song extracts were a nice touch. And that's all I have to say...
HeartOfParadise chapter 1 . 7/11/2012
Lovely interpretation of such a big and tragically beautiful scene. Seeing Katniss' thoughts in such detail as she watch Rue die is quite something; maybe this was what the book lacked. The last line is a grwat conclusion, the impact's pretty profound. Only qualm is that some metaphors are a little awkward, but otherwise wll done :)
TheWriterOnFire chapter 1 . 7/5/2012
This was absolutely beautiful! It was so sad and meaningful, especially the ending. It really makes you think, about all the holes everyone leaves behind. Great work!
ghettos chapter 1 . 7/1/2012
ohmygoodness, Alex, this legit made me cry.

HOW COULD YOU I CAN'T EVEN WHY DID YOU HOW DID WHYYY
sorry if that didn't make any sense, that's me in my post-sobbing state, which mostly involves me crying and wailing at the top of my lungs, yup.

Anyway, I really loved the way you characterised Katniss, and I like how everything tied together at the end. I particularly adore your style of writing, how do you write so flawlessly? Her train of thought is really interesting and everything made sense and it was SO SAD AND WHY

Especially this line — "Rue had to laugh and play in flowers." I DON'T KNOW WHY THAT LINE MADE ME SOB SO HARD CREYS ALL THESE FEELSSS

. . . and so yeah. :D

x
drew
she was the book thief chapter 1 . 7/1/2012
asdfghjkl this is gorgeous! Oh my gosh. Soooooo sad of course, but I loved the way you described Katniss's tears as rain and the whole thing about the hole Rue left in their hearts is perfect. Poor Katniss. sobs. I loved the emphasis on flowers too.
keep my issues drawn chapter 1 . 6/30/2012
I really liked this, Alex! It was really heartbreaking, with Katniss' feelings and all the beautiful description you've used here. You really wrote this extremely well, and I absolutely love this writing style, it was so emotive and I'm just sitting here like "FEELS" and yeah. Love you. &hearts
brahdley jims chapter 1 . 6/30/2012
This is very touching prompt fic, and a nice expansion on one of the most fragile scenes in the book. I felt that a few metaphors were slightly awkward, such as the 'downpour', and there were a grammar errors, but they're easy to fix. A few sentences also had the potential to be a lot more powerful, like "making her look pleasant and inviting, not like someone who got into a fight". You could have, for example, used death instead of the idea of a fight, and stuck with the idea of beauty and innocence instead of 'pleasant and inviting'.

But most of the language you used was lovely, and the last line was just gorgeous.
truces chapter 1 . 6/10/2012
Ooh, this is great. I never thought of the prompt that way.
ForeverYoursEmma chapter 1 . 6/7/2012
This is so beautiful and touching! You really captured Katniss's character well. It's incredible how you made the most touching moment in the book even more touching and I felt more reading this then when I actually read the book. It was wonderfully written and a great one shot.

-Emma
Ninazadzia chapter 1 . 6/2/2012
Very lovely writing, you have a definite way with words, my friend. I usually don't love reading prompt stories because I find they don't have quite the same charisma as spur-of-the-moment fics, but this was rather good. Your insight on human fragility was both believable and raw, and I like how your wrote Katniss' character. All in all, a solid, job well done :D

xx Vikki
bleachers chapter 1 . 6/1/2012
Oh, wow, okay.

Uhm, I don't have much to say about this - I loved it and I thought it fit the prompt really well!

It was interesting and not at all what I was expecting.

The ending was especially great - the last few lines were perhaps the best.

Thank you for participating!
marblesharp chapter 1 . 5/26/2012
Nice dose of sadness for a lazy Saturday. ;) I like what you added to this already upsetting part.

The song lyrics at the beginning and end of the piece take away from the one Katniss sings, and the first doesn't quite match up to what's written. (Though I love that song!)

"Her father wouldn't be out of Katniss's reach." Having 'her' and then 'Katniss'' read that the father was Rue's. It's just a little confusing, nothing some revision can solve.

Other than that, this is lovely! :D
Bbbleblish chapter 1 . 5/21/2012
This was beautiful. Dare I say, just ase emotional as the orignal passage. I'm glad you chose this scene from the book to recreate and expand on because it was the most touching scene. You wrote it well. I like that last line "Freedom comes naturally" it suits the scene very well.
BecomingScarlett chapter 1 . 5/21/2012
Aw, very nice. Love the very last line:

"Because if everything is measured by the hole it leaves behind, then the hole Rue had given them had made them stronger."

-Perfect:)