Reviews for Southern Joy
Andy is quite dandy chapter 2 . 11/15/2015
Dammit I thought Tsunade was gonna fix his disease and they would be all happy! Why are all these Shisui/Itachi fics so sad? Dammit. Hopefully that ending is open to interpretation? Well this fic made me love this pairing even more. It was a pretty happy fic actually but with a few dashes of angst here and there. I love the portrayal of the two, Itachi isn't as cold as some writers make him to be and Shisui is reckless - especially for a genius like him (love his cursing btw). And I love how clear it is that Shisui holds Itachi in the highest regard possible, it's just so sweet. I think this is probably my favourite ItaShi I've read and its rightfully so! The whole story is amazing, except that I thought it was gonna be a happy ending and I was disappointed at the end. But that's nothing to do with the story so, still amazing fic. Chemistry between the two is so raw, especially in the river scene when they kiss. Btw I know this fic is old but the river that runs through the Uchiha's land is the Naka River. But that's not important. I love this fic, thank you for writing it!
sasunaruislove chapter 2 . 11/2/2015
Shisui's last confession makes my eyes cast suiton no jutsu. Accidentally.

I love it. Just seeing his family actually care and love him is more than enough for me. That fucking Itachi always give his best to everyone, but never really accept anything in return. Can't be more grateful to Shisui's presence.

Thank you for one hell of amazing story!
Night-Being chapter 2 . 8/16/2015
Note to the 1st scene: Oh well now you've made me cry right at the start with that damned engagement scene. And I'm not even on my period... awesome.

...And I've finished.

I'm really tired and really calm on the outside. But I'm fucking raging on the inside! This was! Just... Absolutely perfect! Like... I can't... gah... I can't even think straight and I can't explain myself! I would just want to tackle you and scream at you for making those two dorks so perfect it hurts my head and heart! Like do you know how much feels this story has?! DO YOU?!

This is going to sound like really, REALLY weird and fucked up... but... It feels as if my soul was bleeding from how much I worship your writing, your portrayal of ShiIta and this story in particular. Itachi so deserves someone to love him so much and even more! Arg! There is no word for what Itachi deserves! Oh, but Shisui could be enough for now. :) He would def make him happy...

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to cry my heart out, cuddle my plushie and then die because, well... because of your heartbreaking story.

Oh, and bonus! Since malignedaffairs made some of her fabulous art based on your fics - I keep imagining Itachi and Shisui in black and white and flawlessly drawn - just like in her pictures. And that happens only in your stories... fuck. I need more of this. *_*
Night-Being chapter 1 . 8/16/2015
God damn it, how do you do it? Your writing always pulls me in. Always! It feels so... complete as if no word was missing, but there is also no word extra. It's spot on, precise and beautiful. I feel really torn now. A small part of me is crying inside, but then I also know how utterly real all this is. So it's like... I shouldn't cry for them, because of some reason. Gah, I have no idea anymore. Their story is so raw and cold but also warm and emotional. It's just too much to bare, but at the same time I can't stop reading it, no matter how much I know it's going to hurt.

Well look what you've turned me into... some crazy psycho overemotional dipshit. I'll just go swallow the next chapter and hope for the best.
kapitanlevi chapter 2 . 7/13/2015
this fic was absolutely beautiful. honestly if you had written out itachi's death i would probably have been even greater of a mess than i already am because of this fic. THE TEARS OK THE TEARS. i just read a bunch of your other fics and i absolutely LOVE them. there isnt many shiita fics out there and there really needs to be more. its only a suggestiom but you should totally upload your fics onto ao3. lovely fic and greatly written.
Sasori33-001 chapter 2 . 5/13/2015
I liked it. Parts of it. I've gotten into the habit of just skimming fanfictions, and I liked the part where Shisui and Itachi got it on (God it was hot) and I liked that Itachi was sick and dying (I get off on fics like that for some reason)
Guest chapter 1 . 12/12/2014
this was aood ShiIta fics please! :D
SkywardShadow chapter 2 . 10/26/2014
Oh hell, how did I ever think this was going to end happy? At least you didn't kill him. I appreciate you not killing him. This was lovely; I really like Shisui's voice, and Itachi's. I like that Fugaku's not a total ass and that Mikoto has some steel to her. I love Sasuke being pissy with Shisui and precious with Itachi. I want them to get married so bad, and I've actually been kicking around ideas about arranged marriages and such lately, so this was a really great find. Well done.
fangirlandiknowit chapter 2 . 7/26/2014
I cried. And laughed. It was beautiful, thank you
Mrs. Blink and Miss Itt chapter 2 . 7/6/2014
Oh my God, that was such an emotional rollercoaster. Your emotional scenes were absolutely brilliant, and I loved the way you portrayed all of the characters an their interactions! That was awesome, I hope you keep your writing up!
Shirayuki Hime999 chapter 2 . 3/4/2014
This is a favourite, it's so beautiful..the sex scene is super sexy but most important of all is angsty and in character. Their relationship is how I imagine it, between brief moments of pleasure and endless sorrow. I am actually happy that you didn't write Itachi's death. I don't know if he will die after the end of the story and I don't want to think about it. It's refreshing to see a new perspective, with Shisui proposing and Fugaku not being an asshole. I usually don't like gay romance and marriage and whatever, not because I don't support them in real life (because I do) but because it just doesn't seem fitting to this universe, which, being a militarized ancient-japan based on seems to me more like ancient greece, where homosexual relationships were accepted but there was no talking about marriage. But this is my opinion, and it does not affect that I enjoyed your story very much!
PCSP-Uzumaki chapter 2 . 2/17/2014
This is an amazing piece of art!
Your fanfiction is beautiful, amazing, so perfect! I cried and laughed so much! Shisui words to Itachi, omg, so… sincere. xD
Im glad you didn’t write Itachi’s death, because ShiIta is my otp, so a read a lot of fanfictions of these two and 90% of them end up in characters death. It hurts my heart so much. It was good not to read the death for a change, even if we know that it happened sometime after the end.
You are very talent. Congratulations!
Oh, and I found your fiction because of malignedaffairs tumblr, her doujinshi of the sex scene on chapter 2. She captured the characters so gooooood in that doujinshi!
Anyway, keep doing stories like this one, you are very talent!
S2
swallowinthetwilight chapter 2 . 2/16/2014
I follow malignedaffairs on tumblr, and I'd seen snippets of her illustration for this story...but just today, it showed up on my dash that she finally received permission (from you) to post the full 'doujin' and reveal the source. And I am so glad! Not just for being able to finally read her illustration in full, but for finding out about and getting to read this fic. This was SO LOVELY. I loved the children's gender-mix-up and embarrassed Itachi; the led-on and unacknowledged feelings; THAT CHUUNIN EXAM GENJUTSU (IF THAT WASN'T A CONFESSION I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS) and the subsequent teary reconciliation (PERFECT); Itachi's quiet, desperate confession of his disease to Shisui, and of not wanting to be a shinobi to the grass; the moment where Shisui sees Itachi when he's with Anko, and how he rushes after him (really that whole scene was brilliant; so, so brilliant; Shisui, on the other hand-not so brilliant at picking ANKO of all people to spurn, I gotta say); the aforementioned illustrated scene (I loved how the angry self-punitive sex served a plot purpose, even if of course it's tragic that Itachi even needs to 'hurt' himself and that Itachi is using sexual intimacy as a way to do it, forcing Shisui to 'hurt' Itachi in that way...I can't explain it well right now, but I liked the emotional significance & dynamic it revealed); Shisui's letter and Fugaku's being insulted that he would marry Itachi off (I loved your Fugaku, btw, gruff, practical, yet caring), and Itachi's reaction; how Shisui and Tsunade are basically long-lost relatives; Shisui and Sasuke's 'making up' by listing Itachi's flaws...clearly I just summarized the ENTIRE GODDAMN FIC. TL;DR It was perfect. I just...loved it. I will say that I desperately hope Tsunade can sortamaybe cure Itachi, because that'd just be too sad. In your headcanon though, does she?

Thanks for writing! And I'll be checking out your other fics too, now; so glad I got linked here n_n
Wierdowithagun chapter 2 . 7/17/2013
That was so beautiful that I literally can't even think straight enough to review this.
Itachi-Uchiha-lover chapter 2 . 4/30/2013
I'm glad you chickened out because I probably would have cried...a lot. This was very well written and awesome. Amazing work. See ya.