Reviews for Hetalia Histories
graywolf77 chapter 33 . 8/25/2013
Here's a great one for "Troublesome Twentieth Century": The Rite of Spring Riot in 1913. You could do it as a 100th anniversary tribute. You probably know the Rite of Spring from Disney's Fantasia, it's the sequences of prehistoric Earth. It premiered at the Théâtre des Champs-Élysées in Paris on May 29, 1913. The composer of the piece was Igor Stravinsky. The Rite of Spring was a ballet about an ancient Russian tribe performing a ritual Spring sacrifice of a young maiden to appease the gods. This ballet was not at all like the beautiful graceful ballets like Swan Lake or the Nutcracker. Opposition to Stravinsky's work literally happened within the first few minutes of the piece as members of the audience booed loudly in response to the inharmonic notes accompanying the unrecognizable bassoon's opening solo. What's more, the work's unconventional music, sharp and unnatural choreography (dancers danced with bent arms and legs and would land on the floor so hard their internal organs would shake), and Russian pagan setting, failed to win over the majority of the audience. There were some that liked the piece and they began arguing with those who didn't. Verbal arguments turned into fist fights. The police had to be called and they managed to get things under control by intermission. But when the second half started the audience got riled up and the riot started up again. Russia could be Stravinsky.
graywolf77 chapter 32 . 6/15/2013
You could do a "words we get from..." segment. You could do Shakespeare for that. Then there's this funny bit of info: the Nazis built fake airfields (complete with fake runways and buildings) to try and confuse the Allies. This happened in 1944 in Northern France while it was being occupied by the Nazis. The Germans took so long in making it, members of the Resistance took pictures of the project and discovered the Germans' little game. A single RAF plane dropped a wooden bomb on the site, letting the Nazis know that they knew it was a trick.
Azalea.Rose chapter 32 . 3/24/2013
This was really intresting, I didn't know about any of them!
Guest chapter 4 . 3/20/2013
"I became a highwayman"
"Nothing dandy about me"
"No more Stand and Deliver"

...Has someone been listening to Adam Ant lately?
The Dangerous One chapter 32 . 3/19/2013
Yipes... Poor Captain Smith... O.O
WeirdCornChip chapter 31 . 3/13/2013
False A true C? I don't know. XD
Fuhrer-Twilight chapter 1 . 3/13/2013
Let's not forget she wasn't the Martyr Queen everyone thinks her to be... Her romance with Fersen is such a cute romantic tragedy.
The Dangerous One chapter 30 . 12/25/2012
XD Merry/Happy Christmas!
Guest chapter 30 . 12/24/2012
Have you ever considered explaing that christmas was a replacement for pagen holidays? Or that the concept of mondern day santa was introduced by a German-American man, who also introduced the idea of stockings being filled (based off of the St. Nickolous day tradion of filled shoes) and the cookies left out for santa (origanly it was a carrot . Nickolous' horse/donkey). Just a thought.
Blueyay chapter 29 . 12/12/2012
i love the stupid deaths, they're hilarious
Azalea.Rose chapter 28 . 12/9/2012
Very funny! And true
graywolf77 chapter 24 . 11/11/2012
Sorry, Geoffrey was a Duke, not a king.
graywolf77 chapter 25 . 11/11/2012
I've got another Stupid Death. It involves King Geoffrey I of Brittany. In 1008, he was on a pilgrimage to Rome. In a tavern yard, one of his hawks attacked the chickens. The innkeeper's wife got angry and threw a big iron pot at him and it killed him.
Im Not Using this now chapter 8 . 11/9/2012
Jack daniele isn't that an alcohol *reads on* Knew it
Im Not Using this now chapter 4 . 11/9/2012
Who cares if Dick Turpan was violent if he looked as .England. I would be like oh my god... here take the jewelry and while your at it take me too.

Anywhale great story HH APH HH Dick turpan song Sexy England _