Reviews for The Shadow Broker
Yikes! Your Liara is terrifying...and sadly more than a little bitchy XD;
Yuri-hime chapter 1 . 11/12/2013
Oh my jeebus...interesting! :D
JosieRevisited chapter 6 . 8/21/2013
This is my favorite. The Quarian is a close second, but it is in fact, second... if for no other reason than this is such an unusual pairing. Not only is it unusual, but it is... realistic. It is something I can visualize happening, with a disinterested Shepard from the earlier games. I didn't even mind manshep in the fic, because it made so much sense to me for him to have found solace in Ashley's arms and the interaction with Liara was so well done. I liked your manshep. That's hard to say. Not really.

Maybe.

Definitely.

Excellent fic, and truth be told, you shouldn't have held this chapter back. Sam and Ash didn't come off at ALL romantic - just a couple of buddies completely drunk and Ash trying, (and failing) to help Sam score. Nothing about it came across as odd between them. The earlier awkwardness between Ash and Sam actually made sense as a springboard for their camaraderie. It was well done.

Even if this is the end, it is a good end. I can't say that I'd be opposed to reading more of this wonderful word of fiction, though. Sam does play for keeps, after all.

JW
fiche chapter 6 . 5/3/2013
Nice chapter. Was tremendously stoked to see an update after so so so so SOOO long (see what I did there? —that impolite implication of mine). I'd actually resigned myself to thinking this story was done for. Abandoned. A goner. Kaput. T'was a painful rite of passage. But praise, praise! The rekindling was most welcome. And much appreciated indeed.

I truly enjoyed this latest addition, tho I can see why you might not be completely happy with it. I reckon it's fine on the whole tho. The thing with Ashley is fine too in my opinion. My apologies if I'm coming across rudely as I don't mean to be... I don't feel too comfortable getting down to nitty gritty criticism unless you ask for it specifically, regardless of how constructive it may be. It's just that I can be a tad anal with these things, and others may find it trivial or trifling.
Oh, and by "anal" I mean perfectionistic. I should watch my lingo in case we don't share the same vernacular. Heh.

Thanks for read. Hope all is well.
Guest chapter 3 . 4/27/2013
Is that "for science" a portal reference?
madeofstar0stuff chapter 6 . 4/24/2013
please please please continue this story. You totally turned me on to SamxLiara!
Tikitorch559 chapter 6 . 4/13/2013
love your work! Fantastic fanfiction!
tyson217 chapter 6 . 4/8/2013
Please update this story, I just started reading and couldn't stop!
ccryder chapter 6 . 4/4/2013
I'm so thrilled this story isn't dead! (It's still not, right? Please let it still be alive...it's one of my absolute favorites). I think this installment was fabulous - love the Sam/Ash friendship. I totally buy them being good buds (which is funny considering how their relationship began in this story) and getting drunk together. Love how Ash goads Traynor into confronting Liara. She's a good wingwoman.

And I'm glad Sam and Liara found a bit of peace at the end of this chapter. Wonder if it will last? I hope these two crazy kids can work it out - I think they're good for each other. And as a complete aside, Sam's crush on EDI is adorable. Oh, Sam.

Finally, you should know that your magical updates are *always* worth the wait, regardless of the length of the chapters or the time in between them. Thanks for sharing!
Spikesagitta chapter 6 . 2/23/2013
Ohhh. For a moment there I thought their relationship was over. Thankfully that didn't happen!
Spikesagitta chapter 3 . 2/23/2013
Aww! These two are just so adorable together :)
Madcat Capers chapter 6 . 2/21/2013
I never really thought about Samantha and Liara, or 'this' Liara for that matter, but I like it. Their dynamic is interesting, particularly with Liara's struggle and Sam's insistence. Looking forward to seeing where this goes.
Drummerchick7 chapter 6 . 2/20/2013
*Squee*! So happy this is not dead!

And drunk Ashley and Samantha make me laugh out loud, quite literally. All those people in the library think I'm crazy by now, I'm sure...
bluemarlin chapter 6 . 2/19/2013
Excellent chapter and thanks for updating. Enjoyed the scene with the drunk Ashley and Samantha barging into Liara's room. Looking forward to more.