Reviews for The Cat Who Walks Through Walls
Paul chapter 22 . 7/19/2013
There's no plot here- or, if there is, it's so disjointed that it's barely recognisable. I really love the concept and the ideas you have in this, but you go from A to C so quickly that you forget B. For example, you start off the first chapter when Shinji is a kid and suddenly rushed right into Tokyo-3- with no explanation in between.

So yeah. I'm lost. Which is a pity, because again, you're ideas are great.
Gemini011 chapter 22 . 6/3/2013
Really enjoying this fascinating take on Eva. I don't often see Kaworu in this type of capacity, and it's both refreshing and eye opening; for such a Kaworu-centric story, I'm finding almost nothing to dislike about it.

I thought that choosing to go with the Rebuild continuity was an interesting choice, especially with the direction they ended up taking in 3.0, but I think you're doing a fine job of running with it. Also, I totally approve of your reasoning for keeping Asuka Sohryu rather than Shikinami.

And here's hoping that 4.0/Final will have some answers about what's going on! (And not just about who/what Mari is :P )

Your writing style is also lots of fun. It seems pretty clear that you genuinely enjoy writing. After going through a few million words of good Evafics from 2008 and earlier, it's awesome to find another good author who's still writing great Eva. Favorited and followed. :)

The hook was set by the time I got through most of the first chapter, but what got me into the net was Rei's prime directive at the end. Nice reference.

I could go for a little more of the Shinji/Asuka stuff, since that's a pretty big part of what I read Evafic for at the moment, but I like the way you're handling it when you do include it.

Thanks for writing! I'm looking forward to seeing more of this.
Literary Eagle chapter 25 . 6/1/2013
Interesting twist with Asuka! I like this AU, however I do think it would work better posted as a separate fic. Having six whole chapters of something that diverges drastically from the main storyline and has a completely different mood is rather jarring (even thought it's very good!). Just be sure to label it as an AU spinoff of "The Cat Who Walks Through Walls", and include an explanatory note that reading the main fic first is necessary for understanding it. That should work fine.
boyarina chapter 1 . 5/31/2013
New Beta Priority:

Let's get it on! :D
Neristhaed chapter 25 . 5/31/2013
For clarity's sake it might be best to post it separate. Ah... leave it to the Asuka(like-angel-person?) to react like that, very dependable of her. Good for a laugh with everything else going on.
theBSDude chapter 25 . 5/31/2013
I'd appreciate having the AU split. It was confusing to jump into the second chapter, having forgotten the note from last month.
Laconeko chapter 23 . 5/6/2013
The latter part of this makes my skin crawl for some reason.
Literary Eagle chapter 22 . 1/31/2013
Oh wow, I love this! There are so many fan fics where Shinji is trained by a superhero, or ninja master, or whatever, and I always wondered why people seem to forget that Evangelion already has a powerful character who would make a great trainer for Shinji. I'm so glad you've written this! It's seriously awesome. Oh, and the kittens are adorable. :)
Yikari chapter 22 . 1/13/2013
Thank you for the update!
Laconeko chapter 22 . 1/10/2013
Bummer there with Mari, hehe. But I agree it's easier to write someone you 'know', I guess it wouldn't do to guess at it and have 4.0 force a rewrite.

Nice character development in this one, it also makes a bit more sense than syncronised dancing.
ByLanternLight chapter 21 . 10/12/2012
I thought "The black one" referred to that one kitten Rei adopted that Shinji gave her? This is still an awesome concept. 5/5.
Laconeko chapter 21 . 8/11/2012
Ah, the classic (obligatory?) beach episode. It plays out a bit differently when a bunch of young half-angels are involved though.
Firehedgehog chapter 21 . 8/9/2012
awesome update
Firehedgehog chapter 20 . 8/6/2012
ha ha ha, thats just amusing chappy
Laconeko chapter 20 . 8/6/2012
I think this mght be the most well-adjusted version of Evangelion ever. Hell, most of it even makes sense.