Reviews for Beyond the Fire
JoeyLuv chapter 4 . 6/2/2012
Another great chapter. Don't know how these two are going to survive another test. Not sure about Rodney's assertion that Sheppards likes to be the hero. However, I think Sheppard likes his people safe, and that it is his job as a soldier to keep them that way.
BMick chapter 4 . 6/2/2012
Oh, wow, you are good - and MEAN! That is one heck of a cliffhanger!

You're capturing both characters very well. John's protective instincts have been very much in play; I think Rodney's wrong with "hero complex", it's not so much John wants to be the hero as he feels overwhelmingly responsible for Rodney's safety.

Rodney's logic sees the situation clearly. Even if his first impulse is to phrase it in terms of what it's doing to him personally, he's doing his best to get them both out.
Etka chapter 4 . 6/2/2012
That was quick update ;) and the chapter.. WOW! It was great! :D:D I love the ending and can't wait for more ;D and I like this "Sheppard's hero complex" part
JoaniexJony chapter 4 . 6/2/2012
Great chapter. I love the way you built up the tension between the two men. Friends who are falling out because they care for each other.

And the literal cliffie when Sheppard fell - well done. I loved it!

Of course the question is, where the hell are they now?

Joanie.
JoeyLuv chapter 3 . 6/1/2012
Holy crap! Whoever planned out this deadly game, really, really hates our two heros. Cannot wait for you next update!
shepsgirl72 chapter 3 . 6/1/2012
Excellent story so far, very enjoyable. Looking forward to the next instalment! :)
BookEmDanno50 chapter 3 . 6/1/2012
Great chapter..love the bickering those 2 do and you have them doing a super job of it..can't wait for the next chaper..keep up the great work.
JoaniexJony chapter 3 . 6/1/2012
Just caught up with this and I'm loving it!

I really like your writing style, and you have the boy's voices off to perfection. The premise of the story is also great. You're pulling me in, making me want to read more, find out who and why someone is doing this to them.

And the whump is also good, especially now that Sheppard has joined in the whumpfest!

Looking forward to the next instalment!

Joanie.
BMick chapter 3 . 5/31/2012
What an ordeal, they are really being put through the ringer! First-class whump for both of our guys; whoever their antagonist is, he's inventive and thorough. Lead on!
overkalix chapter 2 . 5/28/2012
So...have they gone through the gate to safety or to another life threatening scenario? I can't wait to find out! Good job on this one.
BMick chapter 2 . 5/27/2012
This is developing nicely. With John picking up the slack for Rodney physically, his own reserves are going to be dropping, especially without food or water... they're going to have to do something about that, soon.

Your "voice" is much smoother this chapter than the first, feels like maybe you've picked up a proofreader; the sentences are flowing better. Makes for easier reading, thanks!
JoeyLuv chapter 2 . 5/27/2012
What a fantastic premise for these guys! I was hooked immediately and can't wait to see where they end up next and who is behind it!
BookEmDanno50 chapter 2 . 5/27/2012
Just got finished reading the first 2 chapters and am so enjoying it. Can't wait to see what happens to John and Rodney in the next chapter, and the chapter after that, etc..keep up the great work.
RavenWeavesTales chapter 2 . 5/26/2012
Great story! Can't wait to read more! *iz a proud whumper* Whump the boys good and proper okay? Woohoo! }:O

Raven
overkalix chapter 1 . 5/24/2012
Exciting start to the story! You've got me wondering who would want to set up such an elaborately cruel game for Rodney and John.

Keep up the good work. I can't wait to find out how it all ends.
46 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »