Reviews for A True Musketeer
fariedragon chapter 1 . 4/13/2014
I love this yet hate it at the same time. I love seeing the relationships from D'arts point of view but I hate the fact that he died. I love the originality of this story. Most death fics don't show that there is life after death and that premonitions exist. Thank you so much. Hope to see more Musketeer stories.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/17/2013
You typed Meung wrong. No matter. This story is SO touching! I'm crying but I love this story!
greekfreak101 chapter 1 . 6/1/2013
Soooooooooooo...(etc.) SAD! *tears streaming down my face* ;_;
Guest chapter 1 . 4/9/2013
beautiful
Kiraling chapter 1 . 1/28/2013
Well, the ending just pretty much killed me, to be honest :'( But I can't imagine a more beautiful fate for both of them than being together again in the afterlife :)
Guest chapter 1 . 12/27/2012
Well crap. I'm crying.
kyuubecky chapter 1 . 5/29/2012
...I cried like seven times during this and then my grandmother, who is visiting, came up as I was reading D'Artagnan's letter to Athos...lets just say she now thinks I may have a mental issue...soooooo sweet and the ending is wonderful! he gets to see his "son" again! Was awful that he died on a tuesday and the day he was going to ask Constance to marry him and...SHOOT I'm crying again!
Niahara Erskine chapter 1 . 5/27/2012
Ok, I'm crying now, you totally made me cry. This was a beautiful story and incredibly moving. By the time you reached the journal and the letters I was already in tears. Congratulations for a wonderful fanfic!
Umeko chapter 1 . 5/25/2012
You'll be having me in tears (reaching for hanky). Still, nice touch with the journal entries, letters and D'Artagnan's premonition of his own demise. Well done, Laree.
FlyingMachine1 chapter 1 . 5/20/2012
Well Miss England, you've done it again! You've officially made me cry twice over the same story! I know what was coming! I thought I was prepared this time, but NNNOOOOOO! I was anything but prepared! I was tearey eyed from the dedication! You're going to kill me wth your writing one of these days. I feel that I have to agree with xXLiquidSugarXx and say that (prepare yourself now) you have got a hell of a lot of talent. Yes, the swear was necessary. That's how much I meant it. It's beautiful and deep and meaningful writing like this that makes me have no doubt in my mind that I will see you at the TOP of the best seller list some day. Know that if you EVER stop writing, I know where you live and I WILL knock some sense into you with the inspiration stick. You're gift is too beautiful to not share it with the rest of the world.

I am so happy that you finally posted this. I didn't spot a single typo! And believe me, this story more than lived up to my expectations. I am honored that you dedicated this amazing story to me and you're right, I am your number one fan. Anyone who challenges me on that will deemed insane. Well, I feel as of I have rambled enough ( for the time being), so I'll leave you with this. I know how hard it was for you to post this and I am extreamly proud of you, my dear sister.
xXLiquidSugarXx chapter 1 . 5/20/2012
Your story here, it was damn beautiful. I can honestly say it moved me to tears, it was just so... soft? for lack of a better word. Like even though there was the usual hollow-gut feeling of a favorite character's death, it was also like being wrapped in a warm blanket and given a mug of tea to watch a storm raging outside. 'twas truly magnificent, I daresay you have a gift, Laree, and a pretty damn big one at that.
LadyWallace chapter 1 . 5/19/2012
As I told you before, I thought this story was just truly amazing, and most definitely your best work. It's hard to write 'deathfics' but you did this in such a way that it actually meant something and it was so bittersweet and while it was sad (and I cried a lot reading it!) it was also uplifting. I'm not sure why, that's just a feeling I got.

This is one of those stories that it's too hard to say what you mean about it because putting it into words would almost seem wrong. But the whole thing with the letters was so very much like D'Artagnan and the journal? heaven help me, girl! Just thinking about Athos reading it made me die and feel warm fuzzy at the same time )

And I have no words for the end. Besides the fact that it was perfect and I can't think of another way it should have ended. In short, this is just one of the best tragedies I have read. Because it almost didn't seem like a real 'tragedy' for the fact that it was more than that. Anyway, I'll stop talking now because I'm not making sense. Just good amazing job on this! )
Akira-Yuki8 chapter 1 . 5/19/2012
Wow... this is an amazing piece of work. I was tearing up toward the end. You are a superb writer and I hope yo keep writing. This story needs way more reviews! Anyways, great job!RES
Ailena chapter 1 . 5/19/2012
*crying my eyes out! And again... and again... and again, etc*

I've read my share of sad Three Musketeers Stories, but this? This... this... this broke my heart into million pieces!

As I read it, I hoped and I prayed (not really, but you get the picture) that D'Artagnan would, somehow, miraculously show up at the door, alive and well... *cries again*.

I want a letter from him so that I can feel better too! *cries*

I hate you for writing this soooooo sad! But I love you for writing it soooooo FANTASTICLY good!

Oh, my throat hurts from trying to keep myself from crying (AGAIN!).

Please write something a little more happier after this!

*takes a deeeeeeeeep breath* I'm calm... I'm calm...

This story: TWO THUMBS UP, and alot of tears... now where's that tissue?

XD