Reviews for Yu Gi Oh! The Thousand Year Door: Redux
ssj3Ed chapter 74 . 4/27
Holy s"t.
ssj3Ed chapter 43 . 4/27
And goodbye witty phantom. Just goes to show ya- when you gamble with the devil- the devil always wins. Guy should've remembered
einsteins quote- God does not roll dice
ssj3Ed chapter 37 . 4/27
Poor Crump. No matter the incarnation, he will always be weak and fat.
ssj3Ed chapter 2 . 4/27
I read the original and i gotta say, this does the original justice. I just recently set up this account and hope to write fanfics that can compare. If i can find out how to post them that is.
ssj3Ed chapter 1 . 4/27
Completely awesome.
Guest chapter 69 . 8/21/2014
I'm sorry to say this, but the Shadow Queen would actually have lost this game by way of how chains work.

Andy activated Battle Fusion as Chain Link 1 while Iris activated Limiter Removal as Chain Link 2. Chains resolve in reverse order, so Limiter Removal, as Chain Link 2, would resolve first and make Yaridovish's ATK 5200. Then Andy's Battle Fusion, as Chain Link 1, would give Dragonfire Warlock 7800, winning Andy the game by sheer technicality. I've also tried activating certain cards without adding to the chain during the damage step; it couldn't be done (reference: Devpro).

A similar scenario is when both players have Honest. The player who drops honest first is guaranteed to win because that Honest will give his monster all the ATK of the opponent's monster, including any boosts the opponent's Honest gave it.

Minor issues would be Mack's eff not saying it costs 1000 life points to use when it was the case in the chapter. Some words have been established, such as Original ATK over base, "Cannot use effect(s)" is either "effects negated" or "cannot activate/apply effects". "You choose the timing" is not a real effect; as long as a card says "If...You can...", it can never miss the timing.

Finally...why no Axem Rangers? They're part of the Smithy Gang too and Machine Made versions of them were present in Smithy's Factory.
cooldownnow chapter 7 . 8/7/2014
Hey it's the Matza the Zapper guy from earlier. I found myself squealing once more when the Unfriendly Amazon summoned Beast King Barbaros; that card is actually my co-signature card and porobably one of my strongest.
cooldownnow chapter 3 . 8/7/2014
I loved this chapter and when Stan summoned Matza the Zapper I almost squealed. That card is in my best deck and one of my personal favorites.
Vexer6 chapter 76 . 7/24/2014
Wow, I have to say this is by far one of your best stories yet, that final duel was so unbelievably intense that I was on the edge of my seat the whole time.

One question though: What happened with Rawk's girlfriend? Since she was kidnapped but not killed or anything like that, I was kind of expecting her to show up at one point(namely when Cindy and the others were being rescued).
NoctisintheNight chapter 74 . 1/7/2014
Well, I am back from the dead! Or at least an unexpected, long and unfortunate hiatus. And it looks like I came back just in time to read this remake. I have to say, while your original story was a wonderful spin on a great game, this story felt like a whole new adventure as opposed to a revamp. That was actually a very pleasant surprise and helped to draw me into the story. The fact of the matter is, this story was spectacular. High praise to you for recreating a work of art and making it better than ever.

Also, way to bring Sophia out! And the fact that Lyrius and Iris started to come back AFTER her effect, brilliant! It was also heartwarming to see a deadly ritual deck. Realistically, rituals seem to be left in the dust in today's Yu-Gi-Oh games. Even the Gishki archetype was fairly underwhelming. Konami seemed to introduce them only to move on to something different and while I love synchro monsters, ritual monsters deserved better than what they got. Demon Chaos Queen was also a nice nod back to the Mario game.

Now for the tiniest shred of bad news. Up until this chapter, I couldn't find any mistakes (or, at least, none that I remember). Then Stan summoned Star Drawing and used her and Goombella to bring out Gagaga Cowboy. All is well until Stan plays Monster Reborn to bring back Star Drawing without having used Gagaga Cowboy's effect. As I said, it was a small thing, but I felt it needed to be pointed out. Your duels are always beautifully written and I would hate to see anything that would take away from them.

I always feel mixed when I finish reading your stories. While I understand the need to end a story before it gets tired and dragged-out, there is always a twinge of sadness to say goodbye to characters and a compelling story. The fact that you can instill these feelings in readers in an amazing talent and this story was no different than the others. Great job.

Finally, I actually have a request. It's a bit embarrassing, but I was wondering if you still had the outline for the characters in Shadowchasers Sacrifice that I had sent you. The reason I ask is that my basement had flooded years ago and took my computer that had all the outlines for my stories and the info on my characters. After months of saving up I finally got a new computer. Unfortunately, I did not have the foresight to back up the files that contained my story outline. Losing all that information was a really hard blow to my fanfiction writing and played a large part in my sudden hiatus. Now, I wish to get back into my writings, especially Sacrifice. I would greatly appreciate it if you were able to send the character outline and the necessary Shadowchaser information back to me at (I believe the characters I sent were via my old email which was sadly hacked).

I understand if you no longer have them and still want to wish you good luck on all your future stories.
Metal Overlord 2.0 chapter 75 . 1/3/2014
And so Redux finally comes to an end, and you know, despite the ups and downs through the whole ride, I have to say the end result was a worthy addition to your collection of works my friend. In a lot of ways (mainly nostalgia admittedly) I could still debate whether this remake captured the charm of the original, which was in many ways almost a gentle parody of the show and your average swords and sorcery fantasy epic, but make no mistake, your efforts paid off with an engrossing enjoyable read and it brings me no small amount of pride to have served as your beta.

As I said before, I wasn't immediately that impressed with Iris's Sister Rituals, but the sheer synergy her deck had with Lyrius' own Champion deck helped keep things interesting through the first few Ritual monsters. It was only with Sister Death and Queen's Champion that I started to get more interested, Supreme Sister Chaos finally providing a solid incentive to work your way through the lower rank monsters with a surprisingly lethal and difficult to counter field clearing effect. Demon Chaos Queen was also a powerful End Boss card and a nice nod to the Nintendo game (hell, up until then I had always held the impression that for all of Iris' foul deeds, the Paper Mario version was STILL scarier just for how devoid of comic relief her character was in the game).

But honestly I was even more impressed with what you came up with as Francesca, Andy and Stan's Ace in the hole. First of all, big points on being the first person to summon Sophia in a fanfic (its probably likely someone somewhere will try and make a deck built around her just for the hell of it, but in the meantime her appearance is likely going to be few and far between for obvious reasons). Jazirian COMPLETELY took me by surprise, and was exactly the sort of surprise you needed to end the final battle with a bang. The last few moments between the three heroes and Iris were also a nice touch once the dust settled, ending such an epic clash with a rather somber, if brief, glimpse of the woman behind the crown, and how ultimately Iris was still in her own way as much a victim as a villain.

I found the Epilogues were good ways to tie up a few of the remaining loose ends overall, along with a fairly realistic deconstruction of just how the Shadow Spawn intend to maintain Arcadia in the absence of the Queen, a rather cute brick joke with Crump, and a teaser with Lyrius that leaves me VERY excited for his future appearances in other stories, as his character made a MAJOR contribution to Iris and the conclusion of this story in my opinion, not that it wouldn't have been a good read without, but my belief stands that giving Iris someone she genuinely loved from the bottom of her heart added much needed depth.

All in all, this was a worthwhile endeavor, though I think its a bit too soon to say if you should attempt a similar remake of the Junior fics, some old projects should be preserved for study in my opinion, but that's just me. I look forward to your next fic my friend and in the meantime, bravo.
LaughingPrincess88 chapter 76 . 1/2/2014
This was a truly fantastic rewrite. I am greatly looking forward to your next project. Is it possible that any of your other stories will get this treatment? I would love to see the Yugioh Junior trilogy get this fantastic treatment.
PhantomEdge chapter 76 . 12/31/2013
Well you certainly got me interested. Sounds like this fic of yours will most likely have a large effect on your Shadowchasers lore in the long run. It also seems like you plan to feature Shadowhchaser characters that have only made brief appearances in your other fics, although the whole thing might end up just being a case of the trope "Never Trust A Trailer". But I'll wait and see.

I'm also interested that you showed the actual Yu-Gi-Oh! protagonists in this trailer. Again may be that "Never Trust A Trailer" trope into play again.

I wonder though when does this take place, especially considering Tournament of Shadows and the Backwater trilogy - both being pretty heavy fics for the Shadowchasers timeline?

Anyways I'll see you again when this fic comes out.
Rocket Knight 777 chapter 76 . 12/31/2013
Oh boy. What are you planning now? This should be interesting. Until then.
Ruin Queen of Oblivion chapter 76 . 12/31/2013
Great trailer, now I am really looking forward to this fanfic, this should be very interesting.