Reviews for not with a bang
symphonies of you chapter 1 . 11/28/2012
kaye oh kaye. this was so heartbreakingly perfect because of their brokenness and their attempts at mending each other's lives/hearts. honestly, you made me cry because remus' thoughts...i could actually see him, hear him. i just...i don't know. sometimes i wonder if i'm a fool for missing remus, sirius, james, and lily so much when it's apparent that they only exist in another parallel universe.

idek man, you just made them come to life.

and these lines just broke my heart:

" All of the fight seems to deflate out of James at once and he drops his head into his shaking hands. 'I can't lose her,' he whispers with the air of a broken man around him. They're only eighteen but when did they get so old? At what point over the years did the Marauders grow up? 'I can't lose her,' he repeats. 'Not now.'

'You're not going to.' To everyone's surprise, it's Peter who speaks, his voice strong and determined. 'You're not. We're not going to lose anyone, okay?' And Peter, little Peter who always seems so overlooked, who is standing with his jaw set and resolve in his eyes, Peter is saying everything they never dared to.

James' lips quirk upwards. 'You promise, Wormtail?'

Peter grins. 'Never been more sure of anything.'

Sirius steps forward, wrapping his fingers around James' arms and meeting his eye. 'Marauders forever,' he says, though Remus hears his voice shake. 'We don't die, okay? We don't die.'

and remus' conflicted thoughts about sirius, i just wanted to scream that wormtail was the fraud, the snivelling coward, the traitor. NOT SIRIUS. and i thought marlene's idea of honouring james and lily was a brilliant touch. beautiful, even. it showed that they understood each other on a different level of understanding.

kaye, it was just so beautiful. sorry for rambling on about my feels, i just couldn't handle the flawlessness of your writing ;) i felt this piece was so beautiful because of all the emotions and the comfort of remus' and emmeline's fragile friendship. you portrayed everything so wonderfully, and thank you for writing this. thank you even though you made me bawl like a baby.

always,
nic.
a quarter tone apart chapter 1 . 8/8/2012
I absolutely loved this! I think you've captured the emotions of both characters beautifully and I love how it was interwoven with flashbacks. You're an exceptional writer. The ending was especially poignant and it sort of wrenched my heart from my chest and stamped on it a little bit. Absolutely loved it.
robbstarkswoman chapter 1 . 7/17/2012
I love it. It's beautiful and I have goosebumps.
I think it is exactly how Remus would feel after all of this happened.
You have a way with words. Well done.
folie a plusieurs chapter 1 . 7/13/2012
This is such a powerful fic, like you don't even know. I adore it so much. And the way you write just adds to it so much. anyone can write a good story, but when you have good writing skills too, it just really adds to the whole experience.

My favourite part was right here:

"There's no mention of the destroyed house, or his best friends' dead bodies lying so still on the ground, or the way James' normally bright hazel eyes were so dull and lifeless as they stared unseeing at the opposite wall, or how his glasses lay smashed on the floor beside him, or the way Lily might have screamed as she tried to defend her son, or the look on Hagrid's face as he arrived at the wreckage to collect the baby, or the way Harry must have cried as his mother was killed in front of him."

I have never gone through anything like what he's going through but I just felt for him and I could almost understand with the way you worded it. I've never thought about how hard it must have been for Remus after James. Like, I did, but I never thought about how "the boy who lived" would've affected him.

This is truly flawless. You're such an amazing writer, Kaye!

xx
Bittersweet x chapter 1 . 5/19/2012
Ajkskj, this is lovely. It's a lovely story, I love the nonlinearness of it, I love Remus's emotions, I love love love love Emmeline. It's wonderful and perfect and fantastic.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/19/2012
That was a very, very good story. The writing was good and the storyline was properly executed. The flashbacks where written so well that they made me geniunlysad for Remus. I loved this story :)