Reviews for hold 'em close
FlubberyFlobberworms chapter 1 . 9/5/2012
oh I loved this! Had to take 2 or 3 reads, haven't played with poker cards in a while, but after that it made perfect sense gosh it's lovely!
I especially loved how you intro-ed Harry's gen :) ESP GINNY AND HARRY'S!

you are so talented, really. You deserve more recognition.
SereneMayhem chapter 1 . 7/28/2012
Wow. Um... I'm not exactly sure what to say... just wow. Er... This was amazing. Really. I have no idea why this hasn't got more reviews, because your writing is beautiful. I love this.
LoonyLoopyLisa chapter 1 . 7/28/2012
I really really like this. Actually, I like a lot of your writing but this might be my favorite so far.
rainydaydreams chapter 1 . 7/25/2012
Okay stop it.

STOP YOU ARE PERFECT AND THIS IS PERFECTISH TOO EXCEPT I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT POKER SO.
F3rn chapter 1 . 6/9/2012
The great thing is, that this all makes sense. It would be good even without making sense because it's such an interesting idea, but the reasons behind it make it utterly brilliant. Well done.
ohprongs chapter 1 . 6/4/2012
Ooh I don't really go for free verse very often but this is good! I like it!
ClashingDreamery chapter 1 . 6/4/2012
Off. The. Charts. This is briliantbrilliantbrilliant you deserve TONS more reviews OHMYGAWD I can't speak gahhhh.

B-R-I-L-L-I-A-N-T.

*hyperventilates*
Pickingupthepieces chapter 1 . 6/4/2012
GAH

WOOMPH

GAHMOTHERFU-

So sorry if I seem like I possess the linguistic skills of a gorilla but YOU'VE JUST SHOCKED ME INTO INCOHERENTNESS (is that a word?).

And that, my friend, is a horrible thing to do to your reviewers.
m0ckingbird77 chapter 1 . 5/27/2012
OH wow. Oh my goodness...I don't even play poker, but wow. This was so fantastically done. I mean, your freeverse skills are off the charts. My mind is blown right now. Totally and completely blown. Where did you get the inspiration for this?
ZoeNightshadeRocks chapter 1 . 5/21/2012
That's exactly how I would interperet the houses and cards, and characters. Great fic!
Jannice Sace chapter 1 . 5/19/2012
Wow, that was powerful. In a way their lives really were like a game.