Reviews for How Far We Are From Morning
kathynimbus chapter 1 . 3/5/2010
I have to say, after so many years, this is still my favourite fanfic of LM.

Ah! It must be more than 3 years since I last logged in. And now when I re-read this story... Still love this feeling.

You're my favourite fanfic writer, Manon!
Dostoevsky's Mouse chapter 1 . 9/15/2003
Ah. I'm sure I don't have to tell you how much I love this piece, or why. I love your Joly, I love your Lesgle, and as always I love your writing style. I'd like to be more helpful with criticism or suggestions, but really, you do great work. It would be hard to improve.
Cecilia Carlton chapter 1 . 1/24/2003
Very nice. It's so sad and sweet. Aw. I'm trying so hard to convince myself that they aren't...
Thalia chapter 1 . 9/22/2002
The voice is perfect...You've characterized the boyz exactly right. This is so pretty. ::tries not to cry::
Caran chapter 1 . 8/30/2002
How sweet... How sad... It almost real... No, it was real! My eyes are leaking... Curse you! curse you!
mysticalhamster chapter 1 . 8/16/2002
*sniffle* OMG, so good, so sad. Joly is my favorite Ami, too.
Nyx3 chapter 1 . 7/19/2002
that was sweet, but i'm a loser so i need to ask one question-who's Joly talking to? (i'm guessing Laigle)
Trashcandy chapter 1 . 6/8/2002
Wonderful. Very good imagery, I definately like this.

~Wicked Witches and Bad Apples~

Evangeline
Epigone1 chapter 1 . 6/7/2002
Forgive me for being redundant, but I still like this piece very much. And the ending is prettier now; it has a definite sense of finality.

You know what really gets me about this fic? The strangest detail - "Feuilly is marking up the walls". First of all, it's so casual, which sounds like Joly: "Oh, look, Feuilly's making pictures on the wall. How interesting... what about my damn virus?" Second, I like that it seems to be part of this common theme of how ephemeral life is; you know, you have Joly talking about how he thinks his joy is "abiding", and "nothing [can] separate [them]", and yet he's wrong; you have that achy ending phrase; and then Feuilly is "marking up" the walls. Not carving some message of wisdom to future generations, not demonstrating an everlasting faith in their cause, just scribbling aimlessly. I like that, somehow.

I'm being a dork. Sorry. Sweet fic, still.
Margit chapter 1 . 6/6/2002
Heartbreaking and beautiful, the gentle and almost fragile Joly voice that you used worked very well for the story. This is out of character for a slashminded writer like myself to say, but you seem to have struck a most ambiguous balance with these boys, I was tossing back and forth between "are they or aren't they?" for the entire piece.

I enjoyed it very much, some things are best left to the imagination and this was so tenderly done.
Taskir chapter 1 . 6/4/2002
"Almost enough to make me buy into the Joly/Bossuet slashiness". - A co-conspirator of mine.

Couldn't have said it better myself. ;) In all seriousness, a very sweet, touching story.
Castashadow chapter 1 . 6/4/2002
Sweet, very sweet. I love it :)
caudelac chapter 1 . 6/4/2002
Oh, oh, I like that much better. Did I tell you last time that I enjoyed Joly's little observations of his comrades too? I do. You're quite good at making the setting clear and vivid, even when the piece mostly takes place in thought, so that one knows where one is.

Ah bien.
Love Gordon chapter 1 . 6/3/2002
And I have logged into the old account just for you. ;) A lovely, *lovely*, truly splendid fic, which I am saying here instead of LJ so that the plebes may note it. *grin* It manages the effortless flow and candid dialogue that so many writers of first-person struggle to reach. I would say "Brava!", but I think that's the wrong language, so shall settle for "MAGNIFIQUE!"

;) Love
Jehan's Muse chapter 1 . 6/2/2002
Joly/Bossuet slash! Yay! There really isn't enough of it on this category, it's all just crappy Eponine-gets-the-man stuff. Nobody really cares about Eponine, we want Enjy/R and Joly/Lesgles. Or at least I do. At the very least, a decent Javert-fic that doesn't involve him falling in love with Valjean's long-lost sister or surviving his suicide attempt and deciding to become a missionary. Oh, well. Very sweet, very sad. I loved it.