Reviews for Time After Time
ViolettBlack chapter 16 . 5/27/2014
Interesting idea to tell the events from House's and Wilson's wedding from Cuddy's point of view. I kinda liked it despite not liking Cuddy.
HilsonFTW chapter 16 . 5/27/2014
That was once again beautiful, and I like the way we're seeing it through Cuddy's eyes. Also loving the inclusive prayer. People like Deborah tend to forget that not all Old Testament love was straight. Samuel 1:26...
BabalooBlue chapter 16 . 5/27/2014
Ah, finally we get to see the wedding. Great ploy to let us see it through Cuddy's eyes. I can understand Cuddy's curiosity, she would HAVE to know how things happened. I love the whole ceremony - very House and very Wilson, too.

Oh, and nice twist at the end.
OldSFfan chapter 16 . 5/27/2014
Oh my goodness! What a deeply realized marriage scene. Bringing Cuddy back, but giving her a relationship more important than hers with House, was a neat plot twist. Great work!
Brighid45 chapter 16 . 5/27/2014
Really lovely view into a wedding perfectly designed for the two people getting married-and a nice glimpse into the mind of the person viewing it too. I'm really glad you didn't make Cuddy out to be a villain or an evil witch, because she was neither. She's a flawed human being like the rest of us, and she did the best she could at the time. Great plot twist ending to this chapter too, I love it!
It was also fun to see everyone again, and where they are in their lives. Fantastic chapter, such a great read! Excellent work :)
HilsonFTW chapter 15 . 3/15/2014
Wow, that chapter was once again surely worth the wait! I love how you have them down, their snark and their insecurities and their love.
Brighid45 chapter 15 . 3/15/2014
This is a delight from start to finish-House finally beginning to understand, at long last, that Wilson really doesn't care about the amputation except for healing and making sure House is out of pain. And House seeing Wilson's self-doubt and guilt and helping him move past it with that excellent combination of snark and compassion that he does so well. Neither one of them are less than honest with each other, and that allows them to show their love even more clearly. And yes, they are a couple of old horndogs, but we wouldn't expect anything less. :) Lovely chapter! Can't wait for the wedding and House's confrontations with the gang at PPTH, hope we get to be party to it all.
BabalooBlue chapter 15 . 3/15/2014
Ah, I've been looking forward to this chapter and it didn't disappoint.
Very clever of Wilson to rent a cottage for House's 'homecoming weekend'. The perfect spot to relax, to get used to each other again - away from everyday life and stupid neighbours (ahem). I love how Wilson has all this worked out, including the walk on the beach, taking care of him etc, and House goes along with it. He knows full well what Wilson's intentions are, all along the way. But he's come far enough to know he can trust Wilson - if that isn't proof of the fact that these two are meant for each other, then I don't know.
Brighid45 chapter 14 . 1/6/2014
It makes total sense to me that House would have powerful negative emotional memories of one night stands and being abandoned or rejected by people he trusted, or opened himself to. In this case he's even more vulnerable because of the loss of his leg and his fears that Wilson won't be able to handle the change. But what really stands out here for me is Wilson's ability to figure out what's wrong, and deal with it in a way that empowers both House and himself too. He doesn't freak out, he doesn't argue with House, he's sad and hurt but he understands why House feels the way he does, and he respects the need for distance. That is enormous progress for James. And for House too, in trusting Wilson enough to tell him the truth. Beautiful chapter, full of the ups and downs of love and relationships. I loved every moment. :)
BabalooBlue chapter 14 . 1/6/2014
I thought going straight for sex was a great idea of Wilson's. Don't even give House time to get uncomfortable - well done, Wilson! :)

Then, House getting all hurt about something Wilson did but wasn't supposed to know is just SO typical House, I actually had to grin at that. Here we go. He doesn't share his hurt but expects Wilson to know how he feels and not hurt him. I just want to grab him by the shoulders and tell him, House, it's time to grow up. That man loves you and he won't leave because you tell him how you feel. Sigh.

But House wouldn't be House and Wilson wouldn't be Wilson if they didn't manage to get into some misunderstanding.

Can't wait to hear about the plans for the house!
OldSFfan chapter 14 . 1/5/2014
At least they're communicating.
Ladytrad chapter 13 . 12/23/2013
Can't wait to read the next chapter, but take all the time you need to write it. :-)
Brighid45 chapter 13 . 12/20/2013
I love the back and forth here. The pull and tug, with House's stubbornness on one side, and Wilson's insistence on the other. You can feel House's longing to be with Wilson fighting against his ingrained rules about appearing to be less than perfect and risking rejection. Wilson has to play his trump card, but he does it perfectly. I'm looking forward to what happens next. :)
Visitkarte chapter 13 . 12/20/2013
This was brilliant. Wilson, the master manipulator.
BabalooBlue chapter 13 . 12/20/2013
Oh, I love this exchange between them. I love how Wilson finally wore House down, even though he had to use the 'joker' in the end.

And you know what, I never once had to go back and check who texted what. You managed to capture House and Wilson in texts - that's a pretty amazing feat in my eyes. And I totally get why Wilson wouldn't ever delete this thread. I wouldn't either. In fact, I'm favouriting the story - there are some real gems in here.

As I say in every comment on this story: Can't wait for the next chapter! :)