Reviews for Never Coming Home
Loverofallthingsmusic chapter 1 . 11/28/2013
Awww! This is soooo sad!
I loved the twist of Aspen taking the place of Araucachia...VERY different from the twin situation of Hyre and Jaime from District 2.
Aspen/Arau and Nella's story is heartbreaking, and the way Aspen/Arau chose to die was so...honorable. The last thing he wanted to do on this earth was protect his family. Such a beautiful, noble character and such an amazing family
HybridsRose chapter 1 . 7/7/2013
Whoa, this is so breathtakingly sad. The scene where all the family responds to Asphen's death is the saddest, and the scene where Araucuria (sorry if I spelt that wrong) taps his chest back is also very sad. I like the line at the end, and how it overlaps with the book's storyline since there's a male victor from seven called Blight mentioned in Catching Fire. Good job!
Everlark chapter 1 . 11/11/2012
Aspen's and Nella's deaths we're sad enough the first time. With this.. I just... I can't...*sobbing like the romantic girl I am*
ajc03 chapter 1 . 6/29/2012
Really heartbreaking. I liked Aspen and was sad to see him go like this.
I liked that we could read about Aspen's family reactions and future.
Really good job ! Thank you.
HarryPotterLover2422 chapter 1 . 6/26/2012
Awwww... He was my favorite! I was so sad when he died but I was glad to see his brother's reaction. Loved the story!

Megan :)
AudreyAnn chapter 1 . 6/19/2012
Ooh, I like this idea, seeing what's going on at the homefront! Looks like Araucaria really is Aspen now. Also sad that he he learned he would be a dad under some pretty crappy circumstances, but it underlines the value of Aspen's sacrifice that much more. Liked the idea of having to work through some of the live parts of the Games (there are some 24-7 reality shows like Big Brother, but who has the time to watch all that?) and that someone had to come fetch him when things looked bad (I like that it was a Peacekeeper because the books showed us that not all of them are bad and it seems like something a Peacekeeper would do). I was thinking maybe there'd be some twin telepathy, but guess not. Nice to see Aspen's death was viewed at home as life-saving for the whole family. Also, Nella's still alive in the main story but is written as dead here; is that artistic license or a spoiler (though considering where we last left her, death wouldn't be so surprising). Nice use of the banned song as a eulogy. Wait, so Aspen's sister and Nella's brother were dating? I must've missed that! Not sure who Aidan is either, but it looks like Blight descends from the Chekov family. Interesting! Could the POVs be written for each section, because I got really confused while reading it until the note at the end.
vgwwvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv chapter 1 . 6/7/2012
That was amazing. It was so bitter-sweet. I like Aspen and his family a lot better after this.
Gingehfish chapter 1 . 5/22/2012
I didn't particularly like Aspen, but this made me cry. :"(
Alexa S. Blaze chapter 1 . 5/21/2012
Awww Nina, this was so bittersweet :'( you write tradegy so well. This was just so, so sad. Poor Arau, poor Ashe, poor Acacia. I'm glad you included what happened to them though, and their kids.

It's nice to see Isabelle and Arau having a kid and all, although it must've been especially hard for Araucaria - because everyone always calls him Aspen. And OHO now I want to know more about this mysterious Adam Blight O_o

Your writing was so great in this chapter. It was so sad, and yet, it was really sweet at the same time :} keep up the great work - it sucks that you can't write in the quell :P (but you (and bells) are doing a fantastic job of being supreme overlord(s)). Keep up the beautiful, heartbreaking work! ;P
isabugg chapter 1 . 5/21/2012
LSJFA9IFHJADOSFNLAS

On the plus side, a character with my name gets to marry a tall glass of water hunk dude. And have a son. That gets reap—OH, GOD DANGIT, I CAN NEVER WIN.

But seriously. This was beautiful. I started tearing up, and I never do that. Thank you so much for creating a character with such depth, for telling us the story of a closely-stitched family and how they got torn apart by the Capitol. Thanks for giving us their ending, as tragic as it is, with such beauty. Thank you, Nina.
Falconflight chapter 1 . 5/20/2012
Surprisingly, I didn't cry. Fantastic one-shot, though. I'm off to read the 'What If' now.
stnaley chapter 1 . 5/20/2012
You need a spoiler alert for revealing Nella's death! Other than that, this was beautiful.
pipevine swallowtail chapter 1 . 5/19/2012
Oh. My. God.

This is the saddest and most beautiful piece of writing I've ever read. It's incredible and absolutely magnificent. I usually don't physically cry (but it feels like I'm crying, and I can seriously feel pressure in my chest, like when I'm crying. So that's why I say *sob* so much), but I'll admit that maybe my eyes teared up a little bit. Seriously, it's that good.

I'm feeling the impact of Nella's death, too, though we haven't actually gotten to it. (My mind is hissing "six tributes left...")

Blight... I wonder if he knows about Aspen/Araucaria.
Hazelshade12 chapter 1 . 5/19/2012
Wait a minute, Nella dies? SPOILER ALERT!

Anyway, that was beautiful. Keep up the great work.
II-Gen3sis-II chapter 1 . 5/19/2012
Nina, lovely, you really make it difficult for me to NOT cry. T_T Such a beautiful oneshot, overwhelming in its entirety. You truly do wonderful work.