Reviews for The Many Sides of Vinwell
IronAmerica chapter 23 . 4/7/2013
Getting around to a backlog of reviews. Sorry for the lateness.

So... In this 'verse, the Cape is more of a legacy name? Or is she talking about the comics? (Barring that, Vince is immortal, which is just beyond a bit strange in context.)

Of course, people said the same thing about serial killers who lived with/near them. They were so nice and normal, and they could never do such horrible awful things. And then they did. Heh. Wrong idea, but Jamie should know this. She's an investigative blogger. She should do research.

Vince is also a bad liar. You'd think he'd do better, considering that he's a vigilante. JFC.

Jamie, you never shove them away-or at least that shouldn't be the *only* thing you do. If they grab you, that's license to break their fingers-or at least put them in an arm bar. That, or you just scream bloody murder. Also, even if you've got vigilante back-up, headbutting isn't the best solution. (Apparently it only works if you manage to get your skull in contact with their nose.)

The cops must be on someone's payroll, or the Bottoms would never have called them...

And... Well, at least he told her and stopped ineffectual lying. Although the denials are almost as fun. :)

Nice chapter.

Troll99 chapter 23 . 4/5/2013
Sorry! I totally missed the previous chapter, so I read it after you posted this one. So ... this is for both.

In the "Bleeding Love" chapter I totally and passionately hated Vince ... for the first time ever. How can he be so ... dense (to stay polite)? Huh? Wake up, man, wake up and see what you're doing! By hiding in your shell you hurt everyone around you. Alas, i never believed in ominous words "I need some time to think it over". Sorry, that's pure nonsense.

In this one, I loved him again. Being the hero to his lover is the best that one can be. Saving her from the attacking drunk ... awww, so sweet!

I find it interesting, that your portrayal of Orwell/Jamie is always similar - she's definitely the sweet yet a bit insecure and at the same time completely independent girl. But Vince varies very much - in majority of your fics he's the sweet, nice, protective guy, but then ... then there are chapters like the previous one, when he's all but the nice guy.

Good job!
XxDeathStarxX chapter 23 . 4/4/2013
Very good story! I liked the fact that it was this time Vince keeping a secret from Jamie and not the other way around as usual. And the way Jamie got her confirmation of her boyfriend being The Cape was definitely to my liking :)

"'Where are you going?'... 'Bathroom. I promise I won't be gone too long,' the brunette nuzzled her nose against his, 'I know how much it pains you when we're apart for more than two minutes.'... 'I love you too, baby.'" Lol, that was a good one.

But what I loved the most, was their last 'very constructive' conversation about who loves the other more :D
XxDeathStarxX chapter 22 . 3/9/2013
I can't say that I like this stranger who could still love someone else after falling in love with a perfection like Orwell, couldn't even make a choice that would've been very easy to pretty much any other male on the planet and deliberately hurt Orwell as not to hurt someone else more :( Vince is usually just the right guy for Orwell: loving only her, having her as his number one priority and never hurting her. Just the way it should be. But this stranger... I'd rather see him jump of a cliff than to be with Orwell :D The only good thing about him was that he understood that he didn't deserve Orwell. He couldn't have been more right about that as far as I'm concerned.

Sorry about that, but I really hate this stranger with a passion. lol My personal preferences aside, it was a good story :)
IronAmerica chapter 22 . 3/7/2013
Hey, a new chapter!

Honestly, this entire chapter boils down to one thing: Vince really should have had a three-way relationship with Dana and Orwell. Dana and Orwell are smart, they could have figured it out.

...Of course, Vince is also a moron, and without that lovely quality of his, we wouldn't have this chapter. But really. He's just...

He's an idiot. He passed up a threesome. *headwalls; mutters* Miles is never going to forgive me for sharing his brick, but in this case, I think he'll understand... *whaps Vince upside the head with a brick* Seriously. He's just putting himself through this uncessarily.

Did he even think about what he was doing to Dana? Or Orwell? Jesus what a moron...

*sighs* Vince, ILU bb, but some days... *sighs again*

No quibbles.

Vince is still a moron.

Lovely chapter.

IronAmerica chapter 21 . 2/26/2013
Long essays are long. *dies*

Well, at least Vince has a job. :) And is responsible about it.

Somehow, I find it hard to believe that Orwell-whether or not she's our favorite blogger at this point in time-is absentminded enough to forget her purse. Now, leaving it behind deliberately to have an excuse to come back... Yeah.

Dancing. Whatever works, Vince. :)

Some days, I think that I'm the only one who could really go for a relationship that lasts for years with nothing more than cuddles and kissing. But as long as they're happy with their life, that's what matters. Good for them.

One quibble: Military Balls doesn't need to be capitalized. But I agree with her. Those *are* fun to go to. :) It's fun to watch some of the enlisted guys try to breakdance in their dress uniforms. :P

Good for them, though.

Only the one quibble. :)

XxDeathStarxX chapter 21 . 2/25/2013
Excellent story! That was a very nice way of bringing them together :) It's good that Vince didn't hesitate to make a move when Jamie's friends gave him a second chance to do something about their mutual attraction. I also liked that they took their relationship slow and sweet. Very romantic, especially the ending of course :)
Troll99 chapter 21 . 2/25/2013
Owww, so sweet! This Vince is really an old fashioned gentleman, taking care of his lady every step of the way. How could she not love him.

I like the slow building of relationship, slow realizing of love, which has been ther from the first moment and finally the original proposal. I hope that they dance still...
Troll99 chapter 20 . 2/3/2013
Nice chapter. I especially liked the momma bear ... ahem, Amanda. I guess there are not many moms who would be so considerate. And even less would-be-daughters-in-law who would take it with them so openly. I really like the way you write them as teenies.
IronAmerica chapter 20 . 1/31/2013
New chapter! Finally reviewing this. It's snowing here, by the way.

If the Flemings wanted their little girl to be proper and all that, they'd make her stay home. Or never let her out without a chaperone... Or just never let her around Vince, of course.

Vince is a bad influence. He is. He truly, truly is. :) :P Of course, he's also a dummy. *sighs*

Amanda is awesome. :D

Lovely chapter.

XxDeathStarxX chapter 20 . 1/31/2013
Aww. That was such a sweet first time for them both :)

Vince is such a bad liar. lol But I must say to his defense that the whole situation was just too plain obvious. Good for them - and us :D - though, that Vince's mother was so understanding. If she had told the Flemings, Jamie would've probably been something like twenty one before Peter would've let her out of their house again :P Not good for Vinwell, that's for sure!

Very good work!
Troll99 chapter 19 . 1/10/2013
OK, that hurt. Vince is the idiot of the century for suggesting such stupidity as taking a break and I can only say that he got what he deserved. If only poor Jamie hadn't had to pay the ultimate price for his idiotic behavior. I guess, I'll never look at him the same way again ... nope, never!
I guess that not only your characters but also your readers felt your pain.
XxDeathStarxX chapter 19 . 1/10/2013
That was so sad, but good work nonetheless. I'll just have to picture a happy ending there :)

I hope it gets better for you in real life.
IronAmerica chapter 19 . 1/9/2013
Hey, a new chapter!

Jamie has some issues here... Poor thing. Why do I get the feeling that Vince's suggestion isn't going to end well? (Damnit, they should have brought Ian in. Also, yay for that reference! :D *glee*)

Taking time off from a relationship, especially when your girlfriend has preexisting problems with her emotional state, is not a good idea. This is not a good thing to do. :( *sighs* Vince, you shoulda told her about your plans earlier. Stupid... *grumbles at him*

This was an incredibly depressing chapter, all I can say. :\

No quibbles.

Troll99 chapter 18 . 1/1/2013
One of the best chapters of this story. It's so sweet to see kids being so determined to find out the truth about Santa Claus. Alex's reaction made me laugh - true! You described it perfectly. But, at least for me, the best part of the chapter was Orwell, remembering how she set up the surveillance camera to see Santa. That was just soooo Orwell-like! ROFL
59 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »