Reviews for Echoes of the Bluebird
The Only Love For Soujiro Seta chapter 18 . 11/1/2017
This was good~
underamoonlitsky chapter 18 . 1/3/2017
Okay, wow! This was just utterly amazing and so good to read. The way Shizuo acted possessive over Mikado and how Izaya wasn't willing to let Mikado belong to him was written well. The action scenes were full of detail and how Mikado picked Izaya to replace him was so... I'm speechless. I particularly loved the vague ending leaving to wonder how Mikado escaped.
Codename-SN chapter 6 . 11/5/2016
Oh, damn.
Codename-SN chapter 3 . 11/5/2016
That was fantastic! Hahahaha XD This is pure gold! Why did I not find this before..!? But anyways, I just love the idea of the role-switch. Teenage Izaya is just adorable. And I really can't say that enough. The same, of course, goes for Shizuo as well. Not to mention the rivalry they both are starting to develop, all for Mikado! Kyaaaa! So cute!

/coughs/ Ahem. Pardon my fangirl-ing moment. But seriously, it's just wonderful. I'm ecstatic to have found this fic! :D I also like the fact that you made Mikado Shizuo's guardian. I can't wait to continue reading! Though, I wonder what happened to Dollars. Are they still here?
kintokdoji chapter 18 . 7/3/2016
This story is far too amazing, seriously, it's one of the best stories I've ever read. It just broke my feels across it's knee, it was that good.
Le Fez-Wearing Husky chapter 18 . 1/13/2016
What can I say? This was a great story; I'm just sad that it can't continue. Still, I suppose that's a little hypocritical in itself, since I've always been one for open-ended conclusions. However, in my mind, this genuinely was a perfect ending to this story.
As for the story itself, it had an interesting plotline that kept me guessing, and at points was almost as confusing as the original Durarara! anime itself (which is a good thing!). I liked how you included a balance between elements that stayed true to canon and elements that you put your own slight, but significant, twists on. I had guessed that the ending would come full circle, but that didn't make me enjoy it any less.
Because I'm stingy, this won't be a 100% positive review, although admittedly, there isn't really much to say that's negative! There were quite a few typos, but nothing that really impaired my understanding of what was going on. It can be easily fixed; just proofread or use a spellchecker if you're unsure. There were also a few details (small ones, yes, but I have to mention them anyway - did I mention that I'm a stingy arsehole?) that didn't make sense. The one that stuck in my head was the mention of Izaya's sisters in one of the earlier chapters; despite the fact that they were about 5 years old in this AU, you implied that they were able to overwhelm their older brother with "psychological torture". I know, it really is a miniscule piece of background information, but still. Actually, I thought it would be potentially interesting if you included Mairu and Kururi as Izaya's older sisters rather than younger, but it's fine either way.
In short: this was amazing. Keep it up! (To be honest, I'd love a sequel to this but I wouldn't stress it too much. Like I said, the ending is close enough to perfect.)
-Le Fez-Wearing Husky
EclipseKuran chapter 18 . 10/13/2015
NOOO! MIKADO! HOW COULD YOU LEAVE IZAYA?! Excuse my flip out, your story was beautifully written. I enjoyed every word of it.
Alice Orihara Scarlet chapter 18 . 9/26/2015
I LOVE THIS. I CRI. SUCH AN ANGEL BEATS ENDING
lumutness chapter 18 . 7/29/2015
This is a nice story to do a character study, for an AU.

First things first, The way you just twist roles around is fun! And logical, since I can't think of anyone else better suited to be an informant in canon-Izaya caliber other than Mikado. He sure has a lot of potential, and enough of twisted mind to keep involved in Ikebukuro's chaos (albeit that was hidden deeply behind his morals, compassion for others, and naivety... until Aoba came around). Scarier than Izaya, in my opinion, since he easily captures people hearts' with his kindness and toss them aside when they became useless. His method was radically different from canon-Izaya (which usually disgusted people, if you're from Ikebukuro and sane and fictional), but you can't just say no to him. Can't just say no... without feeling guilty. I believe that his affection towards Shizuo was honest, too, in the end. Like, in a big-brotherly way honest. (And this makes Shizuo and Izaya's crush on him became more awkward, no? I can't even call them gay because of that.)

teen-Izaya, on the other hand, became more human this time around. Seeing his inexperienced way of manipulating people and gathering information is kind of adorable. Seeing him hating someone other than Shizuo cracked me up. XD Yea, his sisters. Hellions. I guess if Izaya learned how to be honest with himself more in canon, he'll end up hating a lot of people. I think he didn't know what to do with his emotions (which is, mostly boredom and curiosity, I guess, and meeting Celty at that age didn't help. I mean, look at Shinra) when he grow up first time around, and fictional Ikebukuro has its scary way of twisting peoples' mind upside down. Here, the most interesting person he met in Ikebukuro was Mikado, and that was after he matured up a bit. Of course he'll fall in love. This is Ikebukuro. (Okay, the theory makes nonsense, but that's how it is). His rivalary with Shizuo is still epic, even though the intensity is toned down and the reason is comletely different. Him trusting Izaya a while back was golden, and definitely impossible in canon. It cracks me up, too. XD (...and I really have questionable sense of humour.)

The ending is unexpected, and it's kind of ironic seeing whom Izaya replaced. The epilouge brings all kind of emotions rushing at me. It's sad to see Kida lost his once best-friend, and funny to see how Simon manhandles Izaya and Shizuo with ease, and... I just realized that Kadota is getitng old. Oh my.

Anyway, nice story. Glad to be back in this fandom. Keep writing!
Starysky205 chapter 18 . 1/26/2015
This... this right here is the best example of how a fanfiction can be as mindblowing as any good book
This was amazing, the read was great the characters were very well prtrayed and the idea was original
I trully believe this was one of the best fics I've read thus far
I hope you kept writting because you're amazing and the world needs more talented people such as yourself
OtakuGirl568 chapter 18 . 1/10/2015
Aw I love this story! I'm sad it's over, the idea was really interesting. One of my favorites 3
NarupokeeAurorafan chapter 18 . 9/3/2014
Loved this story :) . Please sequal ?! Or atleast oneshots on this pairing and story :) . I did enjoy the story ! Bitter sweet ending though : ') . Bye
Sweetheart Loves Yaoi chapter 18 . 8/6/2014
So, you are making a sequel, right?
chocovic-chu chapter 18 . 8/6/2014
Daaang! This' totally screaming a SEQUEL! Dangdangdangdang! This certain reader votes a sequel, or continuation, or an omake or two!
Or what this reader needs is rereading Durarara! LN and seeking those so slightly hints of Mizaya moments!
Thanks for sharing! This AU with role reversal and its same twisted loves around is so good damn brilliant! This reader is still overwhelmed! Again, thanks for sharing!
J4sm1n4 chapter 18 . 7/29/2014
Great story ... but more IzaMika moments ... Kisses ! where is that ?