Reviews for Never Such Innocence Again: Abdication
Vivss chapter 1 . 11/7/2016
All their kids are adorable!
Downton.fangirl chapter 1 . 4/12/2016
I just reviewed the Dunkirk story and I thought it was this one but since they are both the same universe it works I think? Haha sorry! But I LOVE THIS STORY. I love how Mary says "Mine." It was wonderful how Mary understood Lilly just because she was her mother. I love the connection that they have and how Lilly is her daughter. When Matthew said "An affair" and Mary reacted I was a bit confused though, did she react in bad way or just a "that would probably be the inevitable..." way? I can see her rigid pose as both ways! I love love love this universe and all of your stories, I hope you continue!
Mimi chapter 1 . 7/11/2014
So glad to see you continue this AU! M&M growing clan is so heartwarming. Love Lily and the unique traits of her siblings. Can't wait to read more.
Rachel Smith Cobleigh chapter 1 . 9/1/2013
Compelling, fun, easy to envision, and well-written. As you listed off the names of the new staff, I felt a pang with each one (even though I very much like Armstrong :). So glad you continued this!
phillygirl29 chapter 1 . 7/29/2012
I loved NSIA again, and was so happy to see a sequel. I love how you write the characters and I hope you will continue this story.
TonksSB chapter 1 . 7/28/2012
Oh my heart! I absolutely adore this family you have given Mary and Matthew. You can just sense how much of a madhouse it is with all of them, but it's filled with so much love! And the children's individual personalities just shine through- I feel like I know this family!

Happy to see that M&M are still happy and can communicate with each other about anything- they deserve to be happy. And I really love Mary and Lily's relationship. I'm sure Mary loves all her children equally but I know there's a very special bond between them and it's very evident, I love it.

I know you're super busy working away at PS (and it's more than fantastic!) but I hope you haven't given up on the NSIA universe and will return to it one day. You've created some amazing characters and I can't wait to see what happens to them, especially with the war coming and two grown boys.

Also, this is very nitpicky and I'm sorry if this is annoying but in "To Let it Go and So Fade Away," (which I believe is in the NSIA universe) Mary and Matthew's first son is named Robbie. But in this, Joseph is the oldest. I know that's being super nitpicky but I was just curious about that!
AllyrienDM chapter 1 . 7/26/2012
This is awesome, I hope you're going to keep writing it!
juicyjools chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
I have been following this story from the beginning and I was so disappointed to get " to be continued".
I love your epic stories and this one is just as heart-warming , angst and emotional satisfying. Your characterizations are spot on.
I look forward to your future chapters.
matrim cuthon chapter 1 . 7/4/2012
good story
ElliG chapter 1 . 6/10/2012
I started to wonder when I read that you had put Lily in Somerville, then you depicted that special sense of foreboding prior to WWII so very well and then the glimpse of that hospital at the end - have you read testament of youth or anything written by Very Brittain for that matter?

If you haven't you probably should :) I imagine it would be very inspiring.
pamylz chapter 1 . 6/9/2012
And then of course I had to read up on this sequel. Why why why is it always the second son the sweet happy one that has to go (if you've read the Anne of Green Gables series I'm thinking of Walter in particular). But just like the original NSIA this chapter is golden and I look forward to reading the rest. Amazing!

April
juicyjools chapter 1 . 6/7/2012
what a wonderful story. I'd read the first one and just loved it. So glad you followed the story through.

Those children are the cutest and the last thing I remembered from your first part was Goliwogs and the 3 bears.

Looking forward to yr next chapter.
Sasha chapter 1 . 6/1/2012
This has to be one of the nicest portrayals of their family life that I've read.

Hope they all make it through the war - would break my heart if they didn't!
x-x-abi-x-x chapter 1 . 5/23/2012
I read the first one and loved it.

Oh I'm intrigued to what happened at the end. I hope it's not mary having another baby.. Please update more soon! Xx
jupisan chapter 1 . 5/21/2012
You went back to this universe was superb.

Your story was my first taste of Downton Abbey fanfiction.

Lily, loved the parallels of how she slept as a baby and now was just wonderful.

Matthew and Mary as parents is just wonderful.

Cant wait for more of this universe.