Reviews for A Darker Beginning: From Orphan to Folk Hero
LtsHrIt4ThBoyz chapter 10 . 10/27/2016
Hmmm. Interesting premise and some unique twists. I like seeing Dumblefuck discommoded early in the story and his reputation beginning to be tarnished, but it would appear, from his 'wink' at Harry, that neither he nor you believe him to 'down for the count', as it were. Mores the pity! I hate the MOB worse than Moldy Voldy; seeing as it was at Dumble's discretion that little Tom was forced to return to that festering hell hole, year after year, where Tom used whatever guile and means he could to defend himself! JKR chose to allow the old puke's interpretation of Tom's character to stand as the old wanker's justification; as if an ELEVEN year old, ABUSED, NEGLECTED, and magically-IGNORANT CHILD had a CHOICE in how to defend him or herself from bullies and hypocritical and hysterical religious zealotry! JKR's dismissive and cavalier attitude towards child abuse and it's aftermaths left me with a wish to slap her Elitist face and to then watch her Dumbledore-ish bewitchment of the masses to *embrace* her garbage with such 'religious' fervor...It makes me wonder just what kind of "Blue Pill" was impregnated in the books! What I read, though I only FORCED myself to read up to 1/2 way through book six (when it became obvious that no one was going to do anything to actually SAVE HARRY from his home life nor right the wrongs by Dumblefuck and Wizarding Society that LED to the environment that NURTURED the philosophies that created a Voldemort; who only fed back to his sycophants what they wanted to hear, whilst destroying those same Pureblood families from within and without!), was a piss-poor, highly derivative amalgamation of every magical trope and fairy tale; drawn from greater works of literary art and mish-mashed into a series of illogical and 'plot-wound' heavy 'events' using poorly utilized and heavy-handed, two-dimensional caricatures, instead of characters to stumble the plot along to the eventual removal of the only blockage to maintaining the status quo!
Anyhoo. Sorry about the soapbox. I can only say that, though I despise JKR and abhor the books, I LOVE *GOOD* HPff! Yours is pretty intriguing and I'd like to read more of it, if at all possible!
Thanks for sharing your vision with us and I hope to see you continue!
Take care!
MelJ
rowenasheir chapter 10 . 5/11/2016
Please carry on with this story.
David-El chapter 10 . 3/14/2016
Well, this is an interesting idea, and I look forward to seeing where you go with this. That is, if you continue with this. However you may want to know of a alternative plan for muggleborns. Seeing as how leaving them in the Muggle world would only reveal them faster, they can either be taken from their families at a young age or simply tell the parents that the children have been accepted to a private boarding school and only tell the children about magic after letting them know that it's illegal for Muggles to know about magic.
Flying Chrissy chapter 10 . 2/3/2016
Interesting story! Look forward to the next update.
Romantific chapter 10 . 1/24/2016
This story looks interesting. Why did you stop?
TheLittleRoguex chapter 1 . 12/21/2015
Lovvvved it
ChocoholicWriter chapter 3 . 10/12/2015
This started out good however the chapters became too short for my tastes and then the goblins reactions were too unrealistic for the Potter universe. Try and work on portraying the goblins as more violent and bloodthirsty and less tolerant of wizards, even dark wizards.

Also, I don't understand how Narcissa was able to glance at Diagin Alley and know how everyone walking past was a Muggleborn. Surely they don't have signs hung around their necks?

I won't be reading any further, not because the writing isn't good because it is but because the direction the story is taking is not to my tastes.
sam chapter 10 . 10/12/2015
I do hope this hasn't Ben abandoned? Just found it and really liked it. I always thought Harry should have at least been grey with all the history of abuse and distrustful of dumbledore. I hope this will have another chapter soon.
hermonine chapter 10 . 10/9/2015
Great story, update soon!
LandlessLord chapter 10 . 6/28/2015
Can you update some time soon ?
LandlessLord chapter 8 . 6/28/2015
Why not use the right of conquest to justify Harry's parselmouth ?
LandlessLord chapter 4 . 5/2/2015
I agree with you there, I don't understand how Harry let himself be modeled into the light's pawn by Papy Dumby when he was mistreated by the muggles he would be in charge of protecting, prophecy or not. I accepted it for the sake of the story but I was doubtful of that.
DRARRYLOVR4EVERINMYHEART chapter 10 . 4/29/2015
AMAZING JOB I LOVE IT! THIS IS FANTABULOUS AS EVERY STORY IS
DRARRYLOVR4EVERINMYHEART chapter 9 . 4/29/2015
AMAZING JOB I LOVE IT! HARRY WILL ACHIEVE GREATNESS IN SLYTHERIN AND THIS STORY IS FANTASTIC
DRARRYLOVR4EVERINMYHEART chapter 8 . 4/29/2015