Reviews for Lessons in Epic Storytelling
Art Is The Weapon chapter 13 . 12/28/2015
I'll admit, I passed over reading this story a few times because the summary didn't grip me. When I finally decided to try reading it, I wasn't so sure about the format either. But once I settled in and gave it a try, you completely won me over. Personally I like Annie and Abed having a more platonic relationship (as they did on the show and I'm glad it stayed platonic) but the way you built up the relationship was really great. Despite my initial reservations the format was actually very true to the show I thought, especially when a character other then Annie was telling a section since it was reminiscent of the third season Halloween episode. I liked that some of the "don't tell Britta" moments actually turned out to be quite important to the story rather then a once off joke.
I had a sneaky feeling I knew Annie's big secret for most of the story, but it was still fun trying to see if I was right! The story in general has great rereading potential because I've read it three times and pick up something new each time. The ending was very sweet and hit all the right notes... Though I would liked to have seen Abed and Annie deal with the pregnancy as a whole and parenting. That could have been a story in itself. The idea of Abed with a baby is just too cute.
So to sum up, I'm glad I gave this story a shot because it is an absolutely wonderful story. :)
Quiet.Flight.Risk chapter 13 . 8/2/2015
Hi! I just wanted to say they that I loved this fic! It was really cute and super well-written! I'm normally a Jeff and Annie shipper but I still really enjoyed this! I think I read it in like a day! Thanks so much!
Brianne
im-from-mars-duhh chapter 13 . 5/27/2015
Okay, first off, this is an AMAZING story! It's so well thought out and well written, and it literally kept my on the edge of my seat waiting to see what would happen next after each interaction between Annie and Abed. They're my favorite ship in Communtiy, so needless to say, I fangirled a lot. I love how you had the characters give away some spoilers and then we got to read those spoilers in full scenes later. That was amazing. I also think that you did a really great job with the portrayal of characters. Everything they said and did seemed like things that they actually would say and do on the show, escpecially with Shirley. Honestly, she had some great lines that I laughed out loud at in this story because they were really funny and were totally things that she would say. Also, when they were trying to think of a name for the baby, all I could think was "Sarah! Sarah! Name her Sarah!" because of the movie that Abed had been shooting with Annie, so I was really happy to find that she was named Sarah when I scrolled down. So, overall, I'm really glad that you wrote this story. It's amazing and I hope that you continue to write because you are really good at it.
DandelionDreaming chapter 13 . 4/21/2015
This was such an enjoyable read. You kept the characters true to themselves while also constructing quite a believable romance. I never once was irritated by an unrealistic plot point, so congrats on a genuinely good story!
Guest chapter 13 . 1/3/2015
This is so so so so incredibly cute. I loved your characterization of everyone, particularly Pierce and his relationship with Annie. He's this racist, sexist dude 99% of the time, but he also craves a family and he tends to see Annie as some sort of daughter he never had or something like that, and it comes across so well in your writing. This is great, I loved it to bits!
nitefang chapter 5 . 9/5/2014
Big.
Damn.
Hero.
Shar chapter 13 . 8/4/2014
Awww that was such a sweet story. I stayed up all night because I couldn't stop reading! :)) Kudos to you for the awesome story. I'm always amazed at how the writers here are so dedicated to the individual quirks and personalities of the characters in Community, but this story had such follow through and a braver and more complex not run of the mill plot as compared to most fanfics.

Thoroughly pleased with this! Keep up the good work! :D
gabbytrocious chapter 8 . 2/18/2014
I've been reading your fanfic up to this point and I have to say, I just had to make an account and review it!

Your plot is so riveting that I feel as if I'm watching some sort of Community special episode hidden in an exclusive Blu-ray boxed set of the series. Even though I'm an avid fan of the Abed-Rachel ship, I couldn't help but get intrigued of what fan fiction tales ensued after Abed and Annie's Han-and-Leia scene in "For a Few Paintballs More." And boy, was I satisfied when one of the top hits for the Annbed ship is your fanfic.

Really great writing! You have a fan in me! Keep it up :)
Lalls chapter 13 . 1/29/2014
It doesn't happen very often these days that a story captures me so much I have to finish it in one-go. Nevertheless, I spent the whole evening reading your story. It made me laugh. It made me cry. You got so many reactions out of me I feel empty now, when it's over. But it happens everytime something really good ends. Thank you, you do deserve a medal:)
Guest chapter 13 . 12/24/2013
THİS WAS SOOO BEATIFUULL. even tough i like jeff and annie more as a couple this was so well written that i just couldnt help reading and loving it. you are a great writer and you should really write more loved the great work keep up please :D
CheekyEskimo chapter 13 . 12/18/2013
Excellent story! I really enjoyed it.
frangipaniflowers chapter 13 . 10/6/2013
Ok, this is outrageously adorable and it's so in-character and it's AMAZING. I love the slow build, and all of the little foreshadowing moments, and AUGHHHHH

I really do love your characterisation, the voices all come through so clearly, especially Troy and Britta and OH MY WORD your Andre is FANTASTIC, it makes me wish we saw more of him in the show generally. It really is a great character study, but it's also so sweet and so happy-making, especially the end :)

Thank you so much for writing this, and for sharing it with all of us.
pas une pipe chapter 1 . 9/26/2013
So...I just finished the first chapter, and I think I love you. You nailed most of the characters; it was like watching an episode of the show.
Kisilee chapter 13 . 6/22/2013
I KNOW THIS IS IN ALL CAPSNBUT GOD DAMN IT I SPENT ALL NIGHT READING THIS BECAUSE I JUST COULD NOT STOP. I NEVER WSNT TO LEAVTLE THIS BOOK BUTNOW IM DONE I HAVE TO PLEASE MAKE MORE
weaver 2010 chapter 13 . 6/17/2013
this has got to be the best annie/abed story i have read, and i've read all of them on here and Archive of our own. while most have good stories, and good independent ideas, yours was a balanced mixture of both, while being believable... even during the more risque bits of your tale, you still stuck to the characters, and didn't just use them like dolls. i also like the way you told the story, giving the audience breaks and things to think about between bits. this really was a fantastic story, i think i'm going to keep a copy (which i rarely do), and i wanted to thank you. really thank you. this was truly amazing.