Reviews for A Gift of Malice
Phoenix Skyborne chapter 17 . 6/24/2013
Another great story. I like it even better than the last. For now there seems to be a happy ending of sorts, but how long will that last?
skywiseskychan chapter 17 . 12/13/2012
This probably could have been left as part of the other chapter. But as an epilogue I understand why you separated it. Thematically it is a foretaste of what may come. A sighting of smoke on the horrizon. I look forward to your next story.
skywiseskychan chapter 16 . 12/13/2012
Nicely done. I particularly like the bit about the etymology of the drow word for love. It makes perfect sense how and why it has come to mean what you portray in this story, and how the roots for it make it seem to be a terrible thing. Yet equally it can be seen from an outside source as something good, and even given Sabal's success, something that grants more than it takes away. Very well done.
kirbster676 chapter 17 . 12/13/2012
Great story, I enjoyed your writing and storytelling, the characters were marvelous. Like someone else said, I'm hoping they will have a happy-ending, but braced for the worse.
skywiseskychan chapter 15 . 11/13/2012
Oh this continuation is as enticing and interesting as I had hoped. The church is playing with fire indeed with their little plot. And the Rise and Fall of house Kenafin is going to be wonderful. The return of Drisinil is going to upset a few plans I think. This was not how it was supposed to go down. How Baenere is going to explain helping house Kanafin rise and then wiping it out though... should be good fun to find out.

At least Alystin is actually in perhaps the best of possible positions to find a way out for Sabal. Magic and a diety to call upon for help. I am looking forward to more.
Hakatri chapter 15 . 11/1/2012
Damn it took me so long to actually read. I missed out! Sabal is definitely going down a dangerous path... actually both of them are. It is bittersweet, because I guess there is not really a big chance for a happy ending. I'll be keeping my thumbs crossed anyway :)
hakatri chapter 11 . 8/23/2012
Wow, I'm kind of impressed Sabal survived that last part.
I also wonder whether they're ever going to find that mysterious artifact ;)
Kanokirri chapter 11 . 8/10/2012
Another very good read, I look forward to when you continue.
hakatri chapter 10 . 7/18/2012
Hehe, Nedylene drunk? Somehow that's really cute :) And it seems that Sabal has found herself a little project! I'm very interested to see how that will turn out. I only hope she doesn't go the same way her own teacher did.
Hakatri chapter 9 . 7/11/2012
Damn, I hadn't noticed that there are so many new chapters! My internet connection is quite limited at the moment, so
I did not have as much chances to check as I would have liked.
Anyway, great to read. I hadn't really expected this new developement with Aly. Very exciting though ;) The Wohle Thing has much potential for tragedy but I will keep hoping for a happy end for now.
hakatri chapter 4 . 5/31/2012
wow, very nice beginning for a second part. And as always you keep up the tension very nicely.
kirbster676 chapter 2 . 5/21/2012
Pleased to see Sabal's continuing story. I'll admit, it surprised me at Sabal's feelings for Alystin. I knew that they were friends for the most part, but didn't realize how deep their feelings went. Really looking forward to how all this plays out.