Reviews for Foundation For Wedded Love
Biblioiam chapter 8 . 3/15
This continues to be really great... I can't wait for the next chapter
Catapapalilar x3 chapter 8 . 3/12
Mansfield Park really is an underrated Austen novel! Fanny is too meek for the modern age- and I'm always disappointed in the sillies who get through the first bit and go "Ew. Their cousins!" Or even worse when they think Crawford and Fanny should've gotten together. I blame the 1998 "adaptation" for that one- he was an awfully likeable guy for quite a bit of it. I enjoyed the 2007 movie- I had a few issues, but overall worth watching :) the actress who plays Fanny there grows on you! Anywho, update eventually!

-Cat
Vee22 chapter 8 . 2/22
He certainly owes all of his present satisfaction to Fanny, but if he would only make a move, he could owe her his future happiness as well! ;) Oh, the moment of realisation is getting closer, and I am looking forward to it with great anticipation. :) Thank you for another beautiful chapter. I particularly like Edmund pointing out that Fanny does not understand her own worth. She certainly does underestimate the beauty of her character and kind heart!
LiningsOfSilver chapter 8 . 2/18
This is a fantastic story! You're doing an excellent job with the language and sentence structure - no easy feat :) I'm also really enjoying the characterisation.

Re the 2007 movie, personally I don't recommend it...
I felt that Billie Piper wasn't at all right for the role and that, in general, the production seemed lacking. Still, not everyone will feel that way, maybe you'll have a better opinion of it :)
Hildegaarde chapter 8 . 2/17
Thank you for the speedy update! I think your scenario is perfectly plausible, as great ladies in that time were responsible for the health and well-being of their dependents it is reasonable to conclude that education would also be part of this. Edmund is (perhaps even unconsciously) seeing Fanny more and more in the position of mistress of Thornton Lacey, from her first visit when she was bold enough to suggest a few improvements to his house, to now assisting him in his ministry to his parishioners (as she would be expected to do as his wife.) I'm torn between wanting him to hurry up and realize his true feelings, and hoping that it doesn't happen too soon so that your story will continue for a lot longer!
LadyRuthless chapter 8 . 2/17
2007 version! That's the one I meant. NOT the 1999 version. (ICK!)

EDMUND is so delightfully clueless. PERFECT
Vee22 chapter 7 . 2/16
Oh, the sweet chivalry of Edmund standing up for Fanny! Julia certainly deserved a talking-to for her unjust treatment of Fanny. I agree wholeheartedly with your author's note that we should not be too hard on Edmund. Although his obliviousness can be hard to bear, I do appreciate his kindness towards her. This chapter was so beautifully written and I look forward to more!
Vee22 chapter 6 . 2/16
Believe it or not, I was wondering what had happened to Tom! But I like the idea of forgetting about him for the time being. :) I'd much rather concentrate on the continued growing closeness of Edmund and Fanny. Edmund's comment about having confidence in Fanny's taste and good sense is encouraging. I am glad to see him appreciating her character traits and I look forward to seeing that appreciation blossom into love. :)
Biblioiam chapter 7 . 2/12
This is fantastic, really well written, with excellent characterizations, I hope you continue writing this.
LadyRuthless chapter 7 . 2/9
In eager anticipation of the wonderful "aha" moment by Edward (perfectly portrayed in the movie with the actress who played Bramwell as the mother)
Yes! Enjoying this immensely, and good dynamics among "sisters", very realistic.
Update soon please!
Ines chapter 7 . 2/9
I don't think is too late, Happy New Year! Good chapter, waiting for more.
Hildegaarde chapter 7 . 2/8
What a sweet chapter! I love the way that you stay so consistent with Austen's language and flow of wording, this story really would fit into the novel Mansfield Park without jarring the reader at all.

I've never been as hard on Edmund as a lot of Austen readers, and the way you're portraying him fits very well with my impressions of him from the novel. He did make a lot of effort to stick up for Fanny and look after her even when he was rather besotted with Miss Crawford and I like how you continue to present him.
Thanks for updating!
Guest 2 chapter 6 . 1/17
I love MP andI really like your story, although I prefer Fanny with a reformed Henry, but miss Austen preferred Edmund, so I'm happy you are writting about them in a very interesting way, of course Edmund are still blind but I am waiting for a revelation. Please continue your story soon.
theredrobin chapter 6 . 1/10
"Its only fault lay, not in any defect of construction that the supervision of Edmund or Sir Bertram could rectify, but in its being too large for a bachelor."

Oh dear, however in the world could this terrible dilemma be rectified? Perhaps Fanny could be of some assistance, if Edmund would only use the brains God gave him to understand "how.* ;) I want to take him by the shoulders and shake him, I really do, but at least there's your lovely writing to appease me and keep me from losing my patience with him entirely. Looking forward to the next chapter. And Happy New Year!
Guest chapter 5 . 12/30/2014
I love your story! I can see the characters in my mind; you write with such a clear voice that I feel as if this was an extension of Jane Austen's own words, and not a different person