Reviews for Foundation For Wedded Love
Ines chapter 8 . 4/14
So sweet this chapter. I love Mansfield Park but I always think that Fanny (and us) deserved more romantic moments as in your lovely story. Waiting for more.
theredrobin chapter 8 . 4/6
Falling in love through letters, consciously or not, always gets me. :) And I think the circumstance with the tutoring is very believable, especially, as you said, when you consider Fanny's nature.

I LOVE the wave of Austen adaptations the BBC did from 2007-2009. They all became my favorite versions instantly. (This does NOT include the 2005 P&P film; the cinematography and soundtrack on that movie is lovely, and it's a cute abridged version, but give me the 1995 BBC adaptation of P&P or give me death.) My particular favorite of the bunch is Emma, and I feel like I might have babbled on to you about it before, so I'll just leave it at that. You should definitely give them all a look if you haven't though, because they pretty much blow their adaptation predecessors out of the water.
theredrobin chapter 7 . 4/6
Another wonderful chapter - and again, I'm nearly two months late to the party and two chapters behind. (No more of this, I'm subscribing to the story alerts like I should've done from the start.)

Haha, I feel like your author's note about not being too hard on Edmund is meant specifically for me (going through my past reviews, they're all littered with some variation of "argh, stupid Edmund!"), but I can't help it! The boy tries my patience, even though he is very sweet and kind. But I'm not so irked as to not give him credit where credit is due. Good for him for standing up for Fanny. I can also say without a doubt that Fanny is a far nicer person than I am; I'm pretty sure my response to Julia wouldn't have been nearly so peaceable.
Biblioiam chapter 8 . 3/15
This continues to be really great... I can't wait for the next chapter
Catapapalilar x3 chapter 8 . 3/12
Mansfield Park really is an underrated Austen novel! Fanny is too meek for the modern age- and I'm always disappointed in the sillies who get through the first bit and go "Ew. Their cousins!" Or even worse when they think Crawford and Fanny should've gotten together. I blame the 1998 "adaptation" for that one- he was an awfully likeable guy for quite a bit of it. I enjoyed the 2007 movie- I had a few issues, but overall worth watching :) the actress who plays Fanny there grows on you! Anywho, update eventually!

-Cat
Vee22 chapter 8 . 2/22
He certainly owes all of his present satisfaction to Fanny, but if he would only make a move, he could owe her his future happiness as well! ;) Oh, the moment of realisation is getting closer, and I am looking forward to it with great anticipation. :) Thank you for another beautiful chapter. I particularly like Edmund pointing out that Fanny does not understand her own worth. She certainly does underestimate the beauty of her character and kind heart!
LiningsOfSilver chapter 8 . 2/18
This is a fantastic story! You're doing an excellent job with the language and sentence structure - no easy feat :) I'm also really enjoying the characterisation.

Re the 2007 movie, personally I don't recommend it...
I felt that Billie Piper wasn't at all right for the role and that, in general, the production seemed lacking. Still, not everyone will feel that way, maybe you'll have a better opinion of it :)
Hildegaarde chapter 8 . 2/17
Thank you for the speedy update! I think your scenario is perfectly plausible, as great ladies in that time were responsible for the health and well-being of their dependents it is reasonable to conclude that education would also be part of this. Edmund is (perhaps even unconsciously) seeing Fanny more and more in the position of mistress of Thornton Lacey, from her first visit when she was bold enough to suggest a few improvements to his house, to now assisting him in his ministry to his parishioners (as she would be expected to do as his wife.) I'm torn between wanting him to hurry up and realize his true feelings, and hoping that it doesn't happen too soon so that your story will continue for a lot longer!
LadyRuthless chapter 8 . 2/17
2007 version! That's the one I meant. NOT the 1999 version. (ICK!)

EDMUND is so delightfully clueless. PERFECT
Vee22 chapter 7 . 2/16
Oh, the sweet chivalry of Edmund standing up for Fanny! Julia certainly deserved a talking-to for her unjust treatment of Fanny. I agree wholeheartedly with your author's note that we should not be too hard on Edmund. Although his obliviousness can be hard to bear, I do appreciate his kindness towards her. This chapter was so beautifully written and I look forward to more!
Vee22 chapter 6 . 2/16
Believe it or not, I was wondering what had happened to Tom! But I like the idea of forgetting about him for the time being. :) I'd much rather concentrate on the continued growing closeness of Edmund and Fanny. Edmund's comment about having confidence in Fanny's taste and good sense is encouraging. I am glad to see him appreciating her character traits and I look forward to seeing that appreciation blossom into love. :)
Biblioiam chapter 7 . 2/12
This is fantastic, really well written, with excellent characterizations, I hope you continue writing this.
LadyRuthless chapter 7 . 2/9
In eager anticipation of the wonderful "aha" moment by Edward (perfectly portrayed in the movie with the actress who played Bramwell as the mother)
Yes! Enjoying this immensely, and good dynamics among "sisters", very realistic.
Update soon please!
Ines chapter 7 . 2/9
I don't think is too late, Happy New Year! Good chapter, waiting for more.
Hildegaarde chapter 7 . 2/8
What a sweet chapter! I love the way that you stay so consistent with Austen's language and flow of wording, this story really would fit into the novel Mansfield Park without jarring the reader at all.

I've never been as hard on Edmund as a lot of Austen readers, and the way you're portraying him fits very well with my impressions of him from the novel. He did make a lot of effort to stick up for Fanny and look after her even when he was rather besotted with Miss Crawford and I like how you continue to present him.
Thanks for updating!