Reviews for Foundation For Wedded Love
snowgirldeb chapter 12 . 7/30
Hoping this will be continued!
theBookishBrunette chapter 12 . 6/2
So nicely written. I hope you continue!
Mar96 chapter 12 . 5/1
Whyyy? Please I need to know what happened, Mansfield Park is one of my favorite novels and your story is completely gorgeous. Please continue writing next chapters! It's the only which has the perfect plot for these characters. I wait for your next chapter months or years because you're absolutely amazing. Greetings from Peru.
CassandraLowery chapter 5 . 11/12/2017
A wonderful growth in the relationship between Sir Thomas and his niece! You phrase every sentence so much like Austen that I am "all astonishment"! :)

I'm very glad that I did not have to wait, as your earlier readers did, for this update. There are advantages in being rather late to the party... ;)

Thank you!

CassandraLowery chapter 4 . 11/12/2017
An intriguing chapter! I can allow myself one more chapter before returning to my MLA research essays that must be graded today. :)

Thank you for sharing this tale with all of us!

CassandraLowery chapter 3 . 11/12/2017
Such an interesting view the beginnings of the alteration of Edmund's feelings toward his cousin! I can't wait to read more...

CassandraLowery chapter 2 . 11/8/2017
Wow-you captured both Edmund and Fanny so very well here-much as Austen would have if she had continued the story in this vein. (I remain unsure whether I have yet forgiven Miss Austen for relegating my favorite heroine's romance with Edmund to a very few words and not a single detail!)

You have also written this story in a wonderful tone and style so similar to Austen's! This story shall be a delight to read, and I can't wait to have time to read more!

CassandraLowery chapter 1 . 11/8/2017
I quite agree. Poor Fanny has suffered for love of Edmund throughout the novel, and for their romance to be relegated to one sentence is simply cruel to readers of Mansfield Park.

I am quite interested in seeing precisely how Edmund begins to develop a romantic attachment to Fanny and eventually requites her love.

Thank you for sharing your writing with us readers and devoted fans of Mansfield Park!

squintymayhem chapter 12 . 8/18/2017
Loved it! And since it's been two years I'm really excited! I saw in one of your other posts that you previously took a two year hiatus from this story so I can't wait to be suprised by the next post! Even if you don't post for another two years, I'm invested now and will wait. Life is tricky and can divert us from some of our pleasures but rarely forever and so, I will wait.

Take it easy,
Megan
Emerald Star73 chapter 12 . 10/17/2016
It is gratifying to see Edmund finally come to his senses! And his resolve to do what is best for her, without regard for his own happiness, is so typically noble of him.

I so want to read the conversation where Edmund finally confesses his feelings to her! I realize it's been over 15 months since you last posted, but since you mentioned a previous two year pause in the story, I'm still holding out hope that you might still post the next chapter. Is there any chance I might be right? I will try to patiently wait for your next post. :)

Thanks for all that you have shared with us thus far! The style and choice of vocabulary is so similar to Jane Austen's, and you've done such a wonderful job keeping them all in character!
Emerald Star73 chapter 11 . 10/17/2016
We are getting closer! If only they could get some more time to speak to one another privately, without interruption!
Emerald Star73 chapter 10 . 10/17/2016
So Edmund thinks "her modest, gentle nature and superior mind must captivate any man of sense" - but, then, Edmund has not yet come to his senses. ;) Yes, I think a touch of jealousy might do the trick.
Emerald Star73 chapter 9 . 10/17/2016
Subtle hint? Not how I would have described it, but it is so like Fanny not to recognize that a woman such as Mrs. Russell might think her worthy of what is being implied.

I am enjoying the tiny twists and the characteristically long sentences. You are quite talented at both!
Emerald Star73 chapter 8 . 10/17/2016
I did not miss that Fanny quickly went from "dear" to "dearest" in Edmund's salutations. And what an excellent scheme to allow them to spend more time together! So he has sorely missed her companionship, has he? And he has some ideas now on how to repay her kindness? I must keep reading.
Emerald Star73 chapter 7 . 10/17/2016
It is nice to see Edmund coming to Fanny's defense! And now she has provided inspiration for his sermon. It seems she is becoming more prominent in his thoughts.

Oh, and I meant to say in my review of the previous chapter that I had completely forgotten about poor Tom until you mentioned his absence. Indeed, I think he was fine to spend a few hours with only the servants for company.