Reviews for Foundation For Wedded Love
theredrobin chapter 12 . 7/2
Aw, I find it difficult to be quite so mean in the face of selfless Edmund. All definitely seems in character to me, nothing to worry about there. Now let's have this boy do something desperate to prove his undying devotion to Fanny, haha!
theredrobin chapter 11 . 7/2
"He's almost there!" I should say so! Edmund thinking unkindly of Mr Lawrence for no good reason (well, okay, love is the reason, but the dummy doesn't know that yet, does he?) is giving me such a case of schadenfreude. On to the next chapter!
Molly Jae chapter 12 . 7/2
FINALLY!

I can't wait to see just how Edmund is going to go about winning Fanny over. You're a great writer! I love how you captured the essence of each character; and your writing style is simply something I can only hope to achieve.

More power to you. :)
LadyRuthless chapter 12 . 7/2
The Aha moment! At last!
Hildegaarde chapter 12 . 7/2
Awwww how sweet! Edmund waxes very noble towards the end but I think for everyone's sakes that it's a good thing he isn't going to be have to prove whether he would or not really relinquish Fanny. Please, please keep this going!
LadyRuthless chapter 11 . 7/2
Liked the last paragraph with internal observations of clueless-Edward. You've captured the omniscient narrator in Jane's style particularly well there. And a great chapter. Thank you for sharing!
Hildegaarde chapter 11 . 7/1
Oh wow so many different ways to see the same situation. I'm glad that Fanny made the effort to be more outgoing in conversation, as Mr. Lawrence was obviously in need of someone to talk to after the loss of his wife. And it shows how much Fanny is learning and growing that she could do that for him. I like the way that you're showing Fanny's development as a character as well as Edmund's growing feelings for her.
Thank you for a great update!
LiningsOfSilver chapter 10 . 5/24
Loved this chapter - the story feels like it's really moving!
And jealousy is a great choice - I think Edmund needs to suffer a bit before he earns his happiness :D
Please update again soon :)
Ines chapter 10 . 5/23
I really hope that Edmund suffer a little to deserve Fanny's love. Beautifully written!
Biblioiam chapter 10 . 5/21
Love it! I can't wait for the next update
Molly Jae chapter 10 . 5/21
I find that what's painful about this update is that it's so short and yet packed with so much feels huhu but as always, great job!
theredrobin chapter 10 . 5/20
You weren’t kidding about picking up the pace of posting; this update came fast.

I know I'll probably sound maniacal or something as I say this, but that's probably accurate: Excellent. This should finally put Edmund's feet to the fire. Is it wrong that I hope this eventually leads him to become so wild with jealously that he reaches a moment of crisis where he totally acts out of character, loses his composure, and spills his guts to Fanny? Cause I want that.
Vee22 chapter 10 . 5/20
A little jealousy is sometimes needed to induce gentlemen to make their intentions known. And it seems to have the effect of showing Edmund that his feelings towards Fanny are changing... So bring it on! :)
Vee22 chapter 9 . 5/20
Does Edmund now have a competitor for his cousin's affections? As always, you express your ideas so beautifully. I can easily visualise Fanny's frustrations, Mr Lawrence's attempts at civil conversation and Mrs Russell's kindly matchmaking heart. I appreciated Fanny's observation about how much more satisfying it was when persons of opposite natures were paired in conversation - and am inclined to agree with it... provided that the one who prefers to listen does get to share their views and vice versa. Well done :)
LadyRuthless chapter 10 . 5/20