Reviews for Foundation For Wedded Love
Emerald Star73 chapter 12 . 10/17/2016
It is gratifying to see Edmund finally come to his senses! And his resolve to do what is best for her, without regard for his own happiness, is so typically noble of him.

I so want to read the conversation where Edmund finally confesses his feelings to her! I realize it's been over 15 months since you last posted, but since you mentioned a previous two year pause in the story, I'm still holding out hope that you might still post the next chapter. Is there any chance I might be right? I will try to patiently wait for your next post. :)

Thanks for all that you have shared with us thus far! The style and choice of vocabulary is so similar to Jane Austen's, and you've done such a wonderful job keeping them all in character!
Emerald Star73 chapter 11 . 10/17/2016
We are getting closer! If only they could get some more time to speak to one another privately, without interruption!
Emerald Star73 chapter 10 . 10/17/2016
So Edmund thinks "her modest, gentle nature and superior mind must captivate any man of sense" - but, then, Edmund has not yet come to his senses. ;) Yes, I think a touch of jealousy might do the trick.
Emerald Star73 chapter 9 . 10/17/2016
Subtle hint? Not how I would have described it, but it is so like Fanny not to recognize that a woman such as Mrs. Russell might think her worthy of what is being implied.

I am enjoying the tiny twists and the characteristically long sentences. You are quite talented at both!
Emerald Star73 chapter 8 . 10/17/2016
I did not miss that Fanny quickly went from "dear" to "dearest" in Edmund's salutations. And what an excellent scheme to allow them to spend more time together! So he has sorely missed her companionship, has he? And he has some ideas now on how to repay her kindness? I must keep reading.
Emerald Star73 chapter 7 . 10/17/2016
It is nice to see Edmund coming to Fanny's defense! And now she has provided inspiration for his sermon. It seems she is becoming more prominent in his thoughts.

Oh, and I meant to say in my review of the previous chapter that I had completely forgotten about poor Tom until you mentioned his absence. Indeed, I think he was fine to spend a few hours with only the servants for company.
Emerald Star73 chapter 6 . 10/17/2016
I'm glad Fanny and Edmund were able to find some time for private discussion. Spending time with her must surely hasten his realization that there is an obvious course of action which could alleviate his loneliness in that huge parsonage. And perhaps that loneliness will become more pronounced after she has left that evening.

One of the things that struck me in this chapter was your apt descriptions of Lady Bertram - "had her maternal instincts ever surpassed her inability to think too deeply about the comfort of others" and "who had had no thought of the kind" and "was induced to something like exertion."
Emerald Star73 chapter 5 . 10/17/2016
I love the conversation with her uncle and how their relationship has improved. It also makes me reflect on how this conversation would likely have gone in an opposite direction had it happened in modern times, when people tend to blame everyone but themselves whenever something goes wrong. How many relationships could be improved today if people would honestly reflect on their own shortcomings and admit them to others rather than reflexively blaming one another?

Two years? :) I'm fortunate that I have just now found your story and do not need to wait for the next chapter! However, I must confess that I have been guilty of similar lapses in my writing, so I do understand how real life can interfere with the best of intentions to keep up with posting a story. And I've noticed this still isn't marked "complete" so perhaps you are in the midst of another delay, but this is so good that I will continue reading and enjoy however much you have been able to share!
Emerald Star73 chapter 4 . 10/17/2016
I think his ability to see that Fanny has progressed from pupil to mentor is an important development. Their age difference probably seemed rather significant to both of them when she first came to live at Mansfield Park, and he has probably always thought of her as a much younger cousin. Now, perhaps, his perception of her youthfulness will be a little less of a barrier to his thinking of her in more romantic terms. And, of course, her patient response will strengthen his knowledge of her good character and temperament.
Emerald Star73 chapter 3 . 10/17/2016
Ah, he is beginning to notice her finer points, even if he isn't comprehending the full potential yet. I'm eager to see how this progresses!
Emerald Star73 chapter 2 . 10/17/2016
This is a wonderful beginning, and it is so beautifully written! I like the irony of his thinking she can't understand and how her words draw his attention though he makes an incorrect assumption about what motivated them. Hopefully his resolution to stop burdening her about Mary will lead to new topics of conversation which will draw them closer together.
Emerald Star73 chapter 1 . 10/16/2016
I read Mansfield Park last weekend, and I came here looking for exactly this sort of story - something which expands on how Edmund and Fanny's relationship developed. So far I've only read the prologue, but it is perhaps the most impressive prologue I've ever encountered, and I have little doubt that the rest will be just as wonderful. I wish I could read your entire story right now, but I am out of time for today so I will have to return later.

I see you also have some Twilight stories under your other pen name, so I will have to check those out as well!
Mellpen00 chapter 2 . 9/15/2016
Hooray for educated people! I just recently finished Mansfield Park, and, like you yourself mentioned, was rather put out that Fanny and Edmund didn't get any time for themselves. I decided to come on FFN and see if there was anything worth-while, not really expecting to find it. Lo and behold I stumble upon your piece! After reading just the prologue and first chapter, I am very pleased (and pleasantly surprised) with your writing style, vocabulary, and grasp of the English language. I look forward to reading your story!
Glomford chapter 12 . 6/9/2016
This belongs in Austen's novel. Honestly, as far as I'm concerned, this is canon. I was annoyed she didn't elaborate more on Edmund and Fanny's romance, but I don't have to be, now that I've found this fic! I hope you'll continue!
MegSkoomaPirate chapter 12 . 5/11/2016
FINALLY! Edmund! You adorable, oblivious idiot! I really love this story! I've always loved Fanny and Edmund and was always disappointed that we never got to see the romance happen between them. I hope you update soon!