Reviews for Foundation For Wedded Love
LiningsOfSilver chapter 10 . 5/24
Loved this chapter - the story feels like it's really moving!
And jealousy is a great choice - I think Edmund needs to suffer a bit before he earns his happiness :D
Please update again soon :)
Ines chapter 10 . 5/23
I really hope that Edmund suffer a little to deserve Fanny's love. Beautifully written!
Biblioiam chapter 10 . 5/21
Love it! I can't wait for the next update
Molly Jae chapter 10 . 5/21
I find that what's painful about this update is that it's so short and yet packed with so much feels huhu but as always, great job!
theredrobin chapter 10 . 5/20
You weren’t kidding about picking up the pace of posting; this update came fast.

I know I'll probably sound maniacal or something as I say this, but that's probably accurate: Excellent. This should finally put Edmund's feet to the fire. Is it wrong that I hope this eventually leads him to become so wild with jealously that he reaches a moment of crisis where he totally acts out of character, loses his composure, and spills his guts to Fanny? Cause I want that.
Vee22 chapter 10 . 5/20
A little jealousy is sometimes needed to induce gentlemen to make their intentions known. And it seems to have the effect of showing Edmund that his feelings towards Fanny are changing... So bring it on! :)
Vee22 chapter 9 . 5/20
Does Edmund now have a competitor for his cousin's affections? As always, you express your ideas so beautifully. I can easily visualise Fanny's frustrations, Mr Lawrence's attempts at civil conversation and Mrs Russell's kindly matchmaking heart. I appreciated Fanny's observation about how much more satisfying it was when persons of opposite natures were paired in conversation - and am inclined to agree with it... provided that the one who prefers to listen does get to share their views and vice versa. Well done :)
LadyRuthless chapter 10 . 5/20
Good for Fanny!
LadyRuthless chapter 9 . 5/20
Ahhh...alleged competition for Edward!
Hildegaarde chapter 10 . 5/20
Hah! So Edmund gets to feel a dose of what Fanny experienced when he took Miss Crawford riding. I love the way you're keeping everyone so in character; I think that Miss Austen would approve of your story and your portrayals of her people.

Thank you for the prompt update!
theredrobin chapter 9 . 5/19
Yes, yes, let jealousy spur Edmund on! Octogenarians in quicksand move faster than this boy! (Flagnabbit, even when he isn't really featured in the chapter I can't help but but knock him.)

So happy to see an update from you. Lovely writing, as usual.
LiningsOfSilver chapter 9 . 5/15
I love your writing style! and the sentences are fantastic - very lyrical :)
In terms of constructive criticism, I felt this chapter was a bit too slow - it would be nice to have more substance. The plot could move on a little more without disrupting the style. That's just my impression though, perhaps I'm too impatient :P :D
But again, I love what you're doing, keep up the fantastic work!
Hildegaarde chapter 9 . 5/14
Ooohhh Edmund is going to be jealous! I honestly don't want to sound mean but I think it will do him a world of good to think that someone else is interested in Fanny; it might just be the jolt he needs to realize his true feelings. But I hope that Mr Lawrence doesn't really fall for her, since he already lost his wife.
Another excellent chapter! Thank you for the update!
Ines chapter 8 . 4/14
So sweet this chapter. I love Mansfield Park but I always think that Fanny (and us) deserved more romantic moments as in your lovely story. Waiting for more.
theredrobin chapter 8 . 4/6
Falling in love through letters, consciously or not, always gets me. :) And I think the circumstance with the tutoring is very believable, especially, as you said, when you consider Fanny's nature.

I LOVE the wave of Austen adaptations the BBC did from 2007-2009. They all became my favorite versions instantly. (This does NOT include the 2005 P&P film; the cinematography and soundtrack on that movie is lovely, and it's a cute abridged version, but give me the 1995 BBC adaptation of P&P or give me death.) My particular favorite of the bunch is Emma, and I feel like I might have babbled on to you about it before, so I'll just leave it at that. You should definitely give them all a look if you haven't though, because they pretty much blow their adaptation predecessors out of the water.