Reviews for What If She Made Sure It Was Me?
Loverofallthingsmusic chapter 1 . 11/28/2013
Wow...I like this ending. I hate that it was Moss and Aspen/Arau in the end. Of course, I hate it when it comes to the end in general. Only one will leave alive and victorious...the other, who came so far, will go home in a pine box.
The Games are a despicable, evil practice, but what's even worse is how the victors are manipulated and blackmailed into doing whatever the Capitol wishes...
I'm glad it's Blight who volunteers, though...I'm assuming this is the same Blight who was Johanna's mentor and her district partner for the 3rd Quarter Quell...
Guest chapter 1 . 5/7/2013
I wish he talked more about Nella, about how being with Dea felt wrong.
Everlark chapter 1 . 11/11/2012
I like to imagine that maybe this us what it would have been like for peeta if katniss would have died. I just would have like to have seen him be in more despair for Nella. I liked it anyways. I wish that you could do the actual games for Adam Blight
AudreyAnn chapter 1 . 6/19/2012
Alright, a fully realized What if They Won? story! While part of me wonders how Aspen managed to put Aleah down without her ratting his family out like he feared or how Nella was fatally wounded (my guess is they're related?), I kind of like that there aren't too many specifics and the story focuses more on life as a Victor. I did like that the final showdown with Moss (!) was included, with the Moss/Aella reference and Nella saving Aspen from the grave with her journal(!). Did NOT see Aspen/Dae (or is it Dea? the main story spells it differently) coming, but it makes sense for two sad and lonely Victors to come together. Kudos for the frank talk on prostitution and loveless sex, I felt suitably awkward and uncomfortable (and depressed) reading about their coping mechanisms. Also depressing was that Aspen no longer felt close to his brother or the rest of his family. And then the forced marriage... I'd like to think eventually they grew to love each other on some level while raising their kid. And interesting that whether Aspen lives or not, Blight's still getting reaped. Well, I thought this was a really cool denouement for Aspen, as his character was the most fascinating outside the arena and I felt he had a good shot making it to the end. Comparably speaking, I think he did okay as a Victor (not crazy, addicted, or alone).

Re: What if They Won? wishlist. Relk, of course, just to see what insane set of circumstances would lead to his win and to see if he'd be even more superior with his lofty position and winnings. Ari, just to see if they really would let him and his dad go free. Skye, to see if things would work out with Matt? Or Lilly, to see how she'd cope with meeting her goal but still feeling empty (would she have to kill an ally?). Hyre, because Jaime can never be punched out too much. You know, I wouldn't need a full story, just a little paragraph or author outline of what they'd have in mind, kind of like Boston's mini-What If? inside his death story.
Cometas Por El Cielo chapter 1 . 6/15/2012
Oh my gosh, Nina this is beautiful. Everything you write is beautiful and so bittersweet in many, many ways.

I love how you threw Blight in there somewhere! ;]
vgwwvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv chapter 1 . 6/7/2012
Once again that was bittersweet but you write beautifully.
Gingehfish chapter 1 . 5/22/2012
Some parts of this scared me, but oh my gosh! You're such an amazing author, Nina!
Alexa S. Blaze chapter 1 . 5/21/2012
AHHHHH Nina, why must you write so beautiful chapters?

This one was just like the last one-shot - a perfect balance of sweetness and sadness. It's bittersweet :3 I love the ending you made for Aspen, although it's sad. I'm glad that he (sort of) found another person to love, and that his child will be okay O_o (although another one of his realitives volunteered in his place).

I liked the flashbacks to the Games, too. Poor Moss and Nella :P I sincerely hope he takes good care of that journal - even after he's married.

Keep up the great work! Your writing is superb c: I hope you write more, Nina, because your stuff is always such a pleasure to read! :)
isabugg chapter 1 . 5/21/2012
DAMMIT, ADAM. STOP BEING A MARTYR. IT'S BREAKING MY HEART. ;_;

But seriously, this one is just as beautiful as the other oneshot, if not more. It just goes to show that once you set foot in the arena, there really is no happy ending.

Great job, Nina, as always.
Falconflight chapter 1 . 5/20/2012
Am I the only one who desperately wants to see this continued? Great job, Nina. I really want to write a What if for Hyre. Perhaps some time when my head isn't ringing from lack of sleep.
pipevine swallowtail chapter 1 . 5/20/2012
Moss and Aspen fighting. I cannot imagine that. Poor Maris, though...

Aspenella and Moss/Aella forever! (Okay, so the first isn't going to happen again, and the second probably won't)

I can't remember whether Ezra was in your Johanna story or not. But anyway, this was a really good, sad story. :(
nightfuries chapter 1 . 5/20/2012
OH MY GOSH! And . . . And if this ties into your Johanna story . . . then Ezra . . . then he's . . . OH MY GOSH!

BOOM!

Well, there goes my mind again. I just can't handle anything you write Nina :)
packman23 chapter 1 . 5/20/2012
I personally loved the chapter, but it raises a question. Does this mean that the rest of us are allowed to write what if chapters about what would happen if our tributes won, or is this just a one off, because I'd personally be really interested in doing something like that.
stnaley chapter 1 . 5/20/2012
So I'm curious, did Aspen ever really fall in love with Dea, or was Nella honestly the only girl he'd ever felt that way for?

Either way, this is wonderful.