Reviews for Fragile
Caladrius chapter 1 . 9/22/2013
What a lovely story this is. I think this approach you took, the time approach, was exceptionally effective. It really pushes the reader to be Not Human, for a moment. To be an angel. To have an understanding of what it is like to be a being for whom time holds no meaning except for the brief instances that force him to feel. And the feelings. Oh, those feelings. And Castiel has an eternity to feel them in a tenth of a second, which makes him that much more tragic.

This story slows everything down, but in a wonderful way. I loved this passage:
He leaned down and stared into Sam's bleary eyes. "You are hyperventilating," he said, softly because the silence felt tenuous in his ears. Softly because Sam felt tenuous in his grip. Softly because he had just realized what a fragile thing this was that he loved, fragile like a blossom on still water or a slant of light through a break in the clouds; something that could be destroyed by a stray gust of wind or one drop of rain—five deep wounds from the edge of the darkness.

It's so poetic. Captures all of the tone and mood and feeling and idea and concept of what it is like to be impossibly attached to something so tenuous, so ephemeral to a creature who has lived forever in a tenth of a second.

Ahh. Just lovely. Thank you.
robby1925 chapter 1 . 7/9/2013
This was lovely. I look forward to reading more of your work.
Nachtderwolf chapter 1 . 4/29/2013
Normally I'm not a big Slash person- some good ole H/C, a bit of butt kicking, and a sappy ending is all I need- but once in a while I give it a shot. And I must say, this was beautiful. My biggest thing with slash is that it's hard to keep it in Canon, but you did an amazing job with Cas, and I must commend you for it. Not often I find many Cas POVs I like either, so this has got to be one of my faves. Thanks for the great read!
FanoFictionManoWar chapter 1 . 12/20/2012
A

(As a writing teacher, I'm not allowed to give A's because they don't register in the computer system at my school)

But for this? A
CeCe Away chapter 1 . 12/6/2012
I love how Cas sees things in matters of seconds in this.
Ksrjah chapter 1 . 9/4/2012
This was wonderful, you've really got Sam and Cas down. I've been searching for a fanfiction that captures this side of Cas right, and by god, I've found it. You write like an angel ;), and I hope to see more from you!
The Bird chapter 1 . 8/5/2012
You are my absolute favorite author! Your writing is amazing, your stories are so fantastically put together, and best of all, you make me love Cas and Sam Thank you!
minshifu chapter 1 . 7/18/2012
beautiful., seriously, i couldnt find any other word to describe this. its dark but it feels warm at the same time. i wonder y not so many people seem to be interested in exploring the dynamic between sam and castiel, i mean isnt cas pulls him outta hell sooner than dean though he did a sucky job at it? isnt cas transfers sam's lucifer induced illness to himself? isnt these two share that awkward almost hug moment?

im so glad you wrote this. this is the other side of cas i want to see. the fierce protectiveness he has over sam in this story really feels real. dean is his charge but i just have a feeling he is also devoted to sam.

ure such a good storyteller. u cleverly play with the repitition of 'tenth of a second' really how dire the situation and how worry cas is. when it comes to our sam, a tenth of a second can feel like eternity.

think u could write another awesome sam cas centric fic?

i surely hope for it :-)
Tears of Eternal Darkness chapter 1 . 7/1/2012
I like these kinds of thought-provoking stories. It sort of brings out more of Castiel's "human" qualities - his free-will - without taking away the fact that he is still an Angel. -
SPN Mum chapter 1 . 6/25/2012
I really liked the way that Cas reacted to Sam being injured, being so close to death. The way that Cas compared the feelings that an angel is supposed to have, and the feelings that he had for Sam. It was nice for me to see Cas realizing what a good person Sam is, and recognizing Sam's need for reassurance through touch. Very well written interaction. :)
Guest chapter 1 . 5/31/2012
Goddddd I loved this so much. Amazing skill. Please never stop writing Sam/cas, I dare say you're the best in the ship.
T.L. Arens chapter 1 . 5/24/2012
This was beautiful; poetic and simplistic. I enjoyed Castiel's thought processes and how he percieved the world around him. That entire situation screamed for something more between the brothers than just a simple "you okay?" I got so sick and tired of hearing that for two years- "you okay?" as if to say "do I really have to take care of you? I'd rather not". Very sad.

The continuous denial Castiel struggled with as an angel ("It was not something an angel would have done.") demonstrates with perfect clarity how Castiel was changing. I think that's in perfect keeping with his character as the series progressed. I dont' think Castiel's change in behavior made him less of an angel or more of a human so much as a person who was growing and learning.

That made this story all the more beautiful.
M. Jade chapter 1 . 5/22/2012
I really enjoyed this! You really have down the characters of Sam and Castiel, as well as their unexplored dynamic together. Hope to see more from you in the future.
nonoreader chapter 1 . 5/20/2012
awww this story is so cute. I hope you continue to write more cas/sam fics light slash or friendly. Either way your fics are good. I like seeing this side of Cas. Hope to read another one of your fics soon :)