Reviews for Kinderspiel
snooky-9093 chapter 1 . 1/15/2013
Catching up on some reading...I loved how you managed to interweave many themes into this short story. Invisibility brought on by class. the memory of childhood games that come back to help Newkirk find LeBeau. The "pencil sharpener." Even the listening for the shoes shows great detail. Well-done.
NickTonyK chapter 1 . 10/26/2012
Love it! Great story!
FeenyFan4ever chapter 1 . 7/6/2012
I only recently stumbled into the Hogan's Heroes fandom... But, based on what I have seen of the the show, this is a very enjoyable shortfic! And for what ever reason I now cannot help but picture Newkirk as some sort of ninja... Heh, methinks I've been watching too much anime lately! Anyways, great story! :)
Canadian Hogan's Fan chapter 1 . 6/11/2012
Lovely story and nice ending. I love how you interwove Newkirk's past with the resolution.
CoffeeVaMpyre chapter 1 . 5/22/2012
Wonderfully written story! I love to read your stories. Love the theme of invisibility and the way you weaved throughout your story. The pencil sharpener rocks! I have one myself :-)

Very nice.
buggleston chapter 1 . 5/21/2012
Wonderful story!

Loved Newkirk's POV I really like how his childhood games come in handy to save his bestfriend from inpending danger!
Abracadebra chapter 1 . 5/20/2012
Brilliant.
Goldleaf83 chapter 1 . 5/20/2012
This is a terrific story: you develop the theme of invisibility in so many different ways, tying it lightly to children's games and more seriously to peacetime class issues and wartime survival skills. The scene in the woods is marvelously tense, as Newkirk summons all his skills to elude the hunters as he searches for their shared quarry. You do a great job with evoking all his senses (which he'd have on high alert): the sounds of boots vs. shoes, the smell of grass and soil as he lies hiding on the ground, the feel of his "pencil-sharpener" at his back. The happy ending comes as a relief, especially that wonderful last line that pulls past and present together, unites the challenge line and your title. Well done!
Sierra Sutherwinds chapter 1 . 5/20/2012
Beautiful story. It has everything: friendship, retrospective, suspense... I enjoy the narration from Newkirk's point of view.
Belphegor chapter 1 . 5/20/2012
Ooh, I missed reading new material from you! Great suspenseful story (the "invisible man" quote was a real hit, wasn't it?), and I loved the recurring themes of being invisible and visible, plus the dilemma of how to warn somebody while still avoiding others to notice you. And the last words that nicely echo the title :o)

"Newkirk had been deciding on whether to settle for yesterday's leftovers of some unpronounceable French dish or equally unpronounceable dishes in the mess hall" - this made me laugh out loud! Puts things in perspective, doesn't it :D In a nutshell, I really loved it!
konarciq chapter 1 . 5/20/2012
Great to see how these skills from his childhood and play came to good use in this situation. Very skillfully narrated. Well done!

Got a good chuckle out of this line by the way:

"(...)deciding on whether to settle for yesterday's leftovers of some unpronounceable French dish or equally unpronounceable dishes in the mess hall."

LOL
spreckenzeedeu chapter 1 . 5/20/2012
Wonderful Story. I really liked "to find out" something about Peter's Childhood. Very nice written. And my *awwww* Moment was the Pencil Sharpener! Just love the Idea that he's still wearing it :)
Guest chapter 1 . 5/20/2012
This story was great; I love how you link up Newkirk's childhood to how he completes his mission. And, as is usual with your stories, I love your portrayal of the Newkirk-LeBeau friendship.
Sgt. Moffitt chapter 1 . 5/20/2012
So nice to see a new story from you on this site! I loved that Newkirk was able to use all his skills of stealth and misdirection to save LeBeau from the searchers, and I loved that he was able to attribute these life-saving skills to the games he had played in his youth.
The Duelist's Heiress chapter 1 . 5/20/2012
Oh I have forgotten just how much I love your Hogan's Heroes Newkirk LeBeau friendship fics. This was a great reminder!

I think what I liked most was the pieces of Newkirk's history that you threw in at exactly the right moments and that it was very nicely woven throughout the piece. You haven't lost your touch in that area.

This was wonderful.