Reviews for Field Marshall WHO?
Canadian Hogan's Fan chapter 1 . 6/12/2012
Well, I like your Schultz POV. Overall you did him very well. You plot and narrative were fairly solid through the whole piece overall as well.

My favourite line: "Just because there is a war on, does not mean you have permission to have one at home. Is that clear?" Great line. I can so see Schultz saying that to this children.
80sarcades chapter 1 . 5/28/2012
Ah, poor Schultz! Goes on leave and still gets in trouble:-) Rommel was only the icing on the cake. Good story!
snooky-9093 chapter 1 . 5/24/2012
First, good luck with your driving lessons. Practice and be careful.

I really liked the portrayal of Schultz in this story, especially the first night back at home. It was a very touching scene. And of course, with the weather and the stress, any family would start fighting. And it was totally reasonable for him to be glad to on his way back to the camp after dealing with that.

I was a little confused about the accident and how it happened, but I did think it was right in character for Schultz to be so concerned about the dead driver.

The identity of the general caught me by surprise. Did you know that he was actually seriously injured when his car was strafed by Allied planes. Don't know in reality if his driver was killed.

And of course, alls well that ends well. Great job! :)
Belphegor chapter 1 . 5/24/2012
Poor Schultz! At least it ended well - sort of :D I like your Schultz family, and the way you describe frazzled tempers and foul moods due to the uncomfortable heat but how the parents and siblings obviously love each other. And your Langenscheidt is sweet :o) Nice job!
dust on the wind chapter 1 . 5/22/2012
A good piece of work, with a clear narrative and an interesting story line. Schultz is well in character, the family scene is engaging in its detail and the payoff works nicely. I can tell you've done your research, but it doesn't stick out, just supports the story as it should. Nice work.

Sgt. Moffitt chapter 1 . 5/21/2012
Poor Schultz! His time at home didn't end well, and then he and Langenscheidt almost kill the Desert Fox. But since the poor Field Marshal didn't remember how he got hurt, I can see how everyone, Klink and Burkhalter included, would prefer that he would believe it was all because of the accident he was in.

I like your Schultz; he's very human (I would have been just as exasperated as he was with the quarreling children) and he shows great compassion for the driver who was killed. I like his humor too: "The big shot was having a party and did not invite me? I was his official food tester!"

Nice use of details from the series, and the names of Schultz's kids were cute. Hans and Gretel, indeed. And were Marta and Friedrich from 'The Sound of Music'?
konarciq chapter 1 . 5/21/2012
This reads like a real pageturner - wow!

Loved to see Schultz at home, both the happy and the less happy things. Nice detail about the laundry ;-)

Things come together nicely in that party. But I confess I'm a bit puzzled about the actual accident. Maybe I'm missing something, but somehow I only read that they hit the car, and I didn't find out that they hit the officer until Schultz went back to check things out!
Sierra Sutherwinds chapter 1 . 5/20/2012
Poor Rommel. Good thing he fell in good hands, sort of. I like Schultz's voice, he keeps narration fluent and interesting.
Goldleaf83 chapter 1 . 5/20/2012
I thought this opening line had a lot of promise, so I was happy to see you taking it up. And of course it had to be Schultz who ran over the general - and not just any general at that! The scenes of Schultz at home with his family were nicely done, showing both what he missed about being home and some of the strains that would be inevitable for a marriage and family relations with the father away for months at a time and now home for a relatively short visit. Schultz's mood swings as he leaves home and returns to Stalag 13 are perfectly believable too. And when disaster strikes for our favorite German sergeant, of course Hogan takes a hand to smooth it all out in the end. Nicely done.